Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: $150 Straight Talk iPhone 5s: Finally Working on Page Plus

Feedback Score

$150 Straight Talk iPhone 5s: Finally Working on Page Plus

After a few false steps, I finally got the ST 5s working on PP. The two key takeaways are:

1) Use the Tracfone SIM that comes with the phone. PP can accept it.

2) Once PP activates the SIM and you've made your test call, cellular data won't be working. You'll need PP to give you a link to install the Tracfone iPhone profile.

Despite the offshore help, PP chat was wonderful,

Feedback Score
    Glad to hear you got it working. I did it a different way, but as long as it all works out and it's not a terrible experience, I consider it a win. Are you liking the phone?

Feedback Score

$150 Straight Talk iPhone 5s: Finally Working on Page Plus

Great phone. The 4" screen takes some getting used to, esp. the small keyboard. But it seems fast and smooth, and is easier to hold than my Galaxy S4.

I first tried activating by inserting an active PP SIM. That failed so I had PP chat try a PP SIM I had. That also failed, but when I had chat use the Tracfone SIM that came with the phone, and my current PP my number, it activated right away.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aKansasKid View Post
    After a few false steps, I finally got the ST 5s working on PP. The two key takeaways are:

1) Use the Tracfone SIM that comes with the phone. PP can accept it.

2) Once PP activates the SIM and you've made your test call, cellular data won't be working. You'll need PP to give you a link to install the Tracfone iPhone profile.

Despite the offshore help, PP chat was wonderful,
    I had the same experience pretty much exactly. Thanks for posting the info so I had an idea of what to expect. Got the nice deal on a 5s at Walmart then called P+ to switch my wife's number over to the new phone. The included SIM was viable and when I mentioned it said "TFW" near the wifi indicator she did a check to see whether the phone was an iPhone, then directed me to the the url in safari to install the appropriate profile to make data work.

It seems they have a clear set of instructions to activate these phones fully for P+ despite what the phone packaging might say (for StraightTalk only)

Feedback Score
    These phones are definitely a great deal for PagePlus users!

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid Bionic
    Carrier(s)
    PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    activated one of these iPhone 5s on Page Plus Cellular for a friend today. Not problem getting it activated with the included sim card but I had a hard time getting data to work. I did the activation via chat and was given the ivzwinternet.tracfone.com link to install the iPhone TFW profile. Had a very difficult time with that when I put it into safari as it would never pull up the file. Tried for about an hour and finally got it working.

Good deal for people who want a brand new iPhone at a lower price.

Feedback Score

What about Total Wireless iphone?

I am glad to hear this phone can be activated on PP. I was looking at buying a Total Wireless iphone 5s from Walmart to activate on PP. Does anyone know if this will also work? Thanks

Device(s)
    Moto X PE, Moto G4P, LG Volt
    Carrier(s)
    TracFone/Verizon, Freedompop
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jdarwin53 View Post
    I am glad to hear this phone can be activated on PP. I was looking at buying a Total Wireless iphone 5s from Walmart to activate on PP. Does anyone know if this will also work? Thanks
    Yes, the Straight Talk and Total Wireless iPhone 5s are the same and both are supposed to work on P+.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bw01 View Post
    Yes, the Straight Talk and Total Wireless iPhone 5s are the same and both are supposed to work on P+.
    Will it also work with Verizon's post paid service? (As I recall no prepaid phones work on native Verizon unless xx time has passed)

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    Will it also work with Verizon's post paid service? (As I recall no prepaid phones work on native Verizon unless xx time has passed)
    Some people with the phones have suggested that they might be sim locked, which would suggest the phones may only work with certain sims. If that's the case, the phone could need to be unlocked to work with sims from other service providers. The prior Straight Talk iPhone 5 was reported to work on Verizon postpaid using a sim-swap when it released, but that phone was also reported to be unlocked out of the box, and using a sim-swap might also avoid certain limitations Verizon imposes on phone activations.

Feedback Score
    I so appreciate the information here! I am hoping to use this Straight Talk IPhone on Page Plus. I wonder if anyone knows whether there is any way to tether for minor data sharing? Also, would you be able to talk on the phone and use data at the same time with this phone on Page Plus? Thank you!!!

Feedback Score
    Pretty sure you won't get simultaneous talk and data on Page Plus with any phone. On Verizon I think it requires VoLTE, and Verizon doesn't provide that for any of its MVNOs.

Haven't tried tethering on my ST iPhone 5s on PP.

Feedback Score
    Thank you. I thought I had heard that too, with the exception of some older 4G phones for some reason.

Feedback Score
    Would you happen to know if this Tracfone sim, once activated on Page Plus, could be used in another phone too (with an adapter if needed)? I've enjoyed the ease of switching phones this way with a Page Plus sim. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    This thread is just what I was looking king for.
    I need to get my parents new iPhones. They are already on P+ with iPhone 5.
    So if I understand correctly I can buy the either the Total Wireless branded or ST branded iPhone 5s and then chat with P+ to get them activated and then follow the link to change the apn settings for data.

I'm thinking to set up the phones with wifi and then the part I'm not clear on is since they are on P+ already when I chat do I ask for a SIM swap or say I have a new phone and sim I want to transfer to? And then once I put in the tracfone sim that will complete the activation process?

Sorry I need a little extra help because I'll be talking them through it remotely. Thanks for the help guys!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast