Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Any advantage to T-Mobile Branded Phone?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jet1000 View Post
    No, you can't install an app to use it. There are some apps that do voice calls over your data connection. But they are not integrated like the wifi calling that is built into the T-Mobile phones.
    Why did you not answer the question fully?

It is absolutely the case that some non-branded, factory-unlocked phones will get T-Mobile features when they are connected to the T-Mobile network. Blackberry Priv comes to mind; from day one, it got all the T-Mobile goodies when the user put it on the T-Mobile network--including T-Mobile's wifi calling.

So while the user can't install T-Mobile's wifi calling, the handset maker can work with T-Mobile fully to support T-Mobile's technologies as if the handset were T-Mobile branded. And in fact some do. No end user fiddling or downloading required. Just put in a T-Mobile SIM and the system automatically installs all the T-Mobile software and the phone behaves as if it is T-Mobile branded.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info, Adam. Well, it would be good then, if there were a list of phones that are totally TMo compatible like that.

Device(s)
    Tmobile Note 4
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    You can get the Samsung Galaxy s7, s7 edge unlocked versions which were just recently released. Which have band 12, volte, and WiFi calling without the T-Mobile bloated software installed.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Mardukeme, not interested in the Galaxy s7 series. For one thing, way too expensive. I will not spend that much for a phone, regardless of payment plans offered.

Furthermore, I have been having a lot of problems with my current Samsung Galaxy S4, so am not so eager to get another Samsung.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2