Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Results 256 to 261 of 261

Thread: 4GHS Rural Internet

  1. #256
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    El Dorado National Forest - a town called Mosquito, Ca.
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Good info on Verizon, will look into that one too...

  2. #257
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    55
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flush View Post
    Verizon is now offering stand alone prepaid unlimited (but always network managed) hotspot plans for $65/mo with autopay. This undercuts my 4GAS AT&T plan by $10 and offers a different network to tryout. I might buy a used jetpack and try this for a couple months. I also have an AT&T Mobley sim in a hotspot and then would need to decide which service(s) to keep. This is my home internet as there are no other options except an unreliable WISP that I have already tried. It might be nice to have 2 different networks available. My biggest questions are how will the network management be relative to AT&T and how long will the truly unlimited plan be available (will I be grandfathered if it ever goes away)?

    https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ver...-for-jetpacks/
    It's good to see another option if my unlimited "at&t blast" plan ever goes away. The only other option is att rural internet if available in your area. Its 170gb for 60 but you only have to pay 10 for each additional 50gb. So for $100 you are up to 370gb. Not unlimited but workable.

  3. #258
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    8
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Houe View Post
    It's good to see another option if my unlimited "at&t blast" plan ever goes away. The only other option is att rural internet if available in your area. Its 170gb for 60 but you only have to pay 10 for each additional 50gb. So for $100 you are up to 370gb. Not unlimited but workable.
    It's not an option. Verizon caps it to 600KB as soon as you turn around.

  4. #259
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    64
    Device(s)
    Motorola W315
    Carrier(s)
    Alltel U
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nyucca View Post
    It's not an option. Verizon caps it to 600KB as soon as you turn around.
    That's not what I have read. For the new prepaid plan it may be de-prioritized due to network congestion, but it is not capped at any particular speed or after a certain amount of data usage. Its usefulness may very well depend on your location.
    WAR EAGLE!!!

  5. #260
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    3
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flush View Post
    That's not what I have read. For the new prepaid plan it may be de-prioritized due to network congestion, but it is not capped at any particular speed or after a certain amount of data usage. Its usefulness may very well depend on your location.
    It depends on the tower and the load. But I can tell you every time I maxed one out it brought me down to sub 700k. And during peak usage times (aka prime time), dial up type speed.

  6. #261
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NE Fla.
    Posts
    538
    Carrier(s)
    FirstNet, Verizon via RedPocket, Alachua County CCC via APCO25
    Feedback Score
    0
    Name:  4gas.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  29.9 KB

    This email came yesterday so I guess it's still going

    I tried several times to make it bigger but I failed.

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Similar Threads

  1. Atat rural internet help!
    By okflyer in forum AT&T
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-16-2016, 11:33 PM
  2. Rural Internet Set up Part Deuce
    By keep0nkeepn0n in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-13-2014, 12:16 PM
  3. Rural Internet
    By mbt in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-14-2013, 12:54 AM
  4. internet connection, rural PA
    By pappy232 in forum AT&T
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-16-2009, 06:28 PM
  5. Mobile Internet & Rural America?
    By DennisC in forum Windows Mobile (Before 7)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-12-2006, 11:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks