Thread: good news wind mobile works great in my area now

Feedback Score

good news wind mobile works great in my area now

well, I used to to get one bar in and very slow speed at my area now I get 3 bars and speed test at 12 mb down I don't see a new tower in the area as I live in Langley walnut groove.so anybody with wind hang in there it will be worth it .my wife with Telus gets 1.5 mb on 3g.

Feedback Score
    john7777 thanks for the heads up. I am down by the truck crossing/US border and have been thinking of tossing in the towel. I will hang in for awhile yet. Obviously there is hope lol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurel1949 View Post
    john7777 thanks for the heads up. I am down by the truck crossing/US border and have been thinking of tossing in the towel. I will hang in for awhile yet. Obviously there is hope lol.
    Don't toss in the towel yet. Great news is yet to come from WIND. A source told me they are proactively working on their Toronto, Alberta and BC LTE roll out which will become more aggressive come the New Year and they have put up 6 new towers in the BC region to date and are working on calibration (not sure on exact terminology) prior to listing they as updated towers. I see the Lougheed Corridor through Silvedrdale entering Mission is covered and although sporadic, parts of Mission BC now get 3+ bars.

Device(s)
    Asus ZenFone 2 Laser w/LOS14.1
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile, Chatr, formerly Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by john7777 View Post
    well, I used to to get one bar in and very slow speed at my area now I get 3 bars and speed test at 12 mb down I don't see a new tower in the area as I live in Langley walnut groove.so anybody with wind hang in there it will be worth it .my wife with Telus gets 1.5 mb on 3g.
    There were two towers announced in the Surrey area in the last few days. They're not too close to Walnut Grove but perhaps their presence in the area allowed for tuning the sites closer to you:

Vancouver - Surrey (West Newton South) @ 120 Street & 64 Avenue

Vancouver – Surrey (West Cloverdale) @ 168 Street & 63 Avenue
    Last edited by tvisforme; 07-30-2016 at 02:07 PM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Looks like Shaw is doing a lot of good stuff. They plan to upgrade Wind to LTE by the end of this year and also start Docsis 3.1 to push 1 Gbps cable connections. I wonder if the two are related somehow - i.e. they are adding new fibres for the Gbps service and upgrading the LTE infrastructure at the same time with the new construction.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xtachx View Post
    Looks like Shaw is doing a lot of good stuff. They plan to upgrade Wind to LTE by the end of this year and also start Docsis 3.1 to push 1 Gbps cable connections. I wonder if the two are related somehow - i.e. they are adding new fibres for the Gbps service and upgrading the LTE infrastructure at the same time with the new construction.
    Not related at all. Both of these projects have timelines extending back before Shaw owned Wind.

Device(s)
    Lots
    Carrier(s)
    Currently Videotron and Bell. Has used PM, Wind, Koodo, Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Good to know they're spending anywhere but where we are. With no new site in Ottawa's East end in a few years, towel is ready.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rodtaylor View Post
    Not related at all. Both of these projects have timelines extending back before Shaw owned Wind.
    Yeah, but these are actually happening as we speak!

Device(s)
    Lots
    Carrier(s)
    Currently Videotron and Bell. Has used PM, Wind, Koodo, Koodo, Bell
    Feedback Score
    To add, phone does not work well at home. It it decides to try to roam, it doesn't work (as we're apparently well within the coverage area). This is the 3rd phone, so it's not a phone issue.