Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 128

Thread: Why Stay With Wind?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    6,398
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

    Why Stay With Wind?

    As the title suggests; with Rogers grandfathering all Mobilicity plans (run to store now if you want one) and Telus revamping Public plans most of Wind's current in market options seem very weak

    Heck at this point the Mobi / Public plans look more appealing than the Koodo 48 plan even

    Why are you sticking with Wind?
    It is sad I need to state the obvious but some people just don't get it. Any posts I make are my own OPINIONS and in no way represent the views of my employer

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    146
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    As the title suggests; with Rogers grandfathering all Mobilicity plans (run to store now if you want one) and Telus revamping Public plans most of Wind's current in market options seem very weak

    Heck at this point the Mobi / Public plans look more appealing than the Koodo 48 plan even

    Why are you sticking with Wind?
    Even though you do not think Wind has any value, a lot of other people do.

    1) Wind has more "home" zones compared to Mobilicity/Chatr (no Kingston or Windsor).
    2) Wind markets will start to get LTE in 2016, Mobilicity/Chatr are relegated to 3G.
    3) Wind has superior pay per use compared to Mobilicity/Chatr.
    4) Wind has a superior roaming package in the USA compared to Mobilicty/Chatr.
    5) People would rather go with a company other than the Big 3.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    near Edmonton
    Posts
    414
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry KEYone
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    0
    Well said!
    Quote Originally Posted by laxplayer19 View Post
    Even though you do not think Wind has any value, a lot of other people do.

    1) Wind has more "home" zones compared to Mobilicity/Chatr (no Kingston or Windsor).
    2) Wind markets will start to get LTE in 2016, Mobilicity/Chatr are relegated to 3G.
    3) Wind has superior pay per use compared to Mobilicity/Chatr.
    4) Wind has a superior roaming package in the USA compared to Mobilicty/Chatr.
    5) People would rather go with a company other than the Big 3.
    Lucky Albertan who has the promo loyalty $50 8gb lte plans = $33 each with discounts. And am not moving to new plans without my 1GB data roaming Canada and USA. Love for the Blackberry KEYone

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,188
    Feedback Score
    0
    I stay because I am trying my level best to support competition. The faint hope of better things to come is still probable. Year end will be time for further reflection. All I want by then is 3G data to be usable. The bar is set pretty low.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using HowardForums

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    1,432
    Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by laxplayer19 View Post
    5) People would rather go with a company other than the Big 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by will888 View Post
    I stay because I am trying my level best to support competition. The bar is set pretty low.
    These responses made me laugh
    So the best reason to pay MORE money to Wind for less service is simply because you have some sort of psychological resentment to Rogers?

    Quote Originally Posted by laxplayer19 View Post
    1) Wind has more "home" zones compared to Mobilicity/Chatr (no Kingston or Windsor).
    2) Wind markets will start to get LTE in 2016, Mobilicity/Chatr are relegated to 3G.
    But why suffer now? Public Mobile already has full speed LTE on bands normal phones use
    Other than a pipedream that Wind might get it some day, they will never have as much spectrum as Telus does

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    146
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    These responses made me laugh
    So the best reason to pay MORE money to Wind for less service is simply because you have some sort of psychological resentment to Rogers?
    I am not sure about other people but I am not paying more, I am paying less.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    But why suffer now? Public Mobile already has full speed LTE on bands normal phones use
    Other than a pipedream that Wind might get it some day, they will never have as much spectrum as Telus does
    I am not suffering, I am generally pretty happy with the service. If I went with Public I would get 2GB per month, compared to 5GB with Wind. I usually use about 4GB a month so I would have to pay $62 a month instead of $40 for the plan you are talking about. I am not sure why you would say that it is a pipedream that Wind will get LTE when it has been pretty public information that they are launching their LTE service this year and next.

    Forgot to mention that if you use Public Mobile you are out of luck if you travel in Canada or abroad. If you have a plan with province wide calling and you travel outside of your province you will not be able to receive incoming calls (your phone wouldn't even ring). If you travel outside of Canada, your phone turns into a paperweight.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    126
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peppermint View Post
    So the best reason to pay MORE money to Wind for less service is simply because you have some sort of psychological resentment to Rogers
    That response made ME laugh. More money. lol. I guess Robbers still does have fanboys!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    GTA
    Posts
    6,398
    Device(s)
    Blackberry Z30, Blackberry Q10, Galaxy Nexus
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by laxplayer19 View Post
    Forgot to mention that if you use Public Mobile you are out of luck if you travel in Canada or abroad. If you have a plan with province wide calling and you travel outside of your province you will not be able to receive incoming calls (your phone wouldn't even ring).
    That's not true at all
    Big3 have always based calling area on where you are located physically
    I live in Toronto and can use a Quebec number in this province should I choose so

    But oh wait, Wind doesn't work at all in Quebec (unless you pay $60!!! a month) so I am guessing that's why you didn't realize

    How can you complain about "coverage" when your $40 plan does not work in most of Canada?
    Unless you don't drive

    Wind has only 1GB of data (at an insane $60+ tax per month) should you decide to leave your home zone
    There are NO add ons for Canadian roaming offered

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    119
    Device(s)
    Unlocked iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    WIND Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    If you don't like WIND so much Kav, why not just switch and stop the complaining?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    146
    Device(s)
    Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    Wind
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    That's not true at all
    Big3 have always based calling area on where you are located physically
    I live in Toronto and can use a Quebec number in this province should I choose so

    But oh wait, Wind doesn't work at all in Quebec (unless you pay $60!!! a month) so I am guessing that's why you didn't realize

    How can you complain about "coverage" when your $40 plan does not work in most of Canada?
    Unless you don't drive

    Wind has only 1GB of data (at an insane $60+ tax per month) should you decide to leave your home zone
    There are NO add ons for Canadian roaming offered
    Kav, I understand you are not a fan of Wind but it works for over a million customers. I can use Wind wherever I go, yes even in Quebec, I just simply pay per use. If I were to go with Public Mobile and go to Quebec for a trip I would not be able to receive phone calls or make phone calls to a number that isn't a Quebec number if I had province wide calling. No pay per use option with Public. I am not sure where you get the idea Wind doesn't work in most of Canada when I simply roam on one of the Big 3 when I go out of one of Wind's home zones.

    I like how you keep mentioning the $60 plan but there is also a $45 plan (actually $40 right now) that includes unlimited texting out of Wind zones (even in the US) and 2400 minutes of talk (even in the US). You simply pay $0.05 a MB out of zone in Canada or US.

    Once again, it amazes me at how biased you are against Wind (love your new thread in the Mobilicity forum by the way). If Wind doesn't work for you, that is alright, but as I mentioned above, it does work for a fair amount of people.
    Last edited by laxplayer19; 08-01-2016 at 04:07 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    368
    Device(s)
    Asus ZenFone 2 Laser w/LOS14.1
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile, Chatr, formerly Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by kav2001c View Post
    That's not true at all
    Big3 have always based calling area on where you are located physically
    I live in Toronto and can use a Quebec number in this province should I choose so

    But oh wait, Wind doesn't work at all in Quebec (unless you pay $60!!! a month) so I am guessing that's why you didn't realize

    How can you complain about "coverage" when your $40 plan does not work in most of Canada?
    Unless you don't drive

    Wind has only 1GB of data (at an insane $60+ tax per month) should you decide to leave your home zone
    There are NO add ons for Canadian roaming offered
    I'm not going to claim that Wind is perfect - far from it. However, the phones do work in most of Canada, you're just roaming. At 15 cents per minute and 5 cents per megabyte or per text, the roaming is much more attractive than the competition - especially in the US! (Rogers/Chatr's offer for our other lines on Mobilicity has US data roaming at $6 per megabyte.)

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    342
    Device(s)
    Nokia 5110, Samsung SGH-P207, Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    Wind Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I've seen a lot of acquaintances jump ship to PM and others lately because of how bad the network is. I know 3 more people who are gone after their tab expires in a couple of months. Wind must be hemorrhaging subs.

    Now that PM has the cheap 1GB and 2GB a month plans it's only going to get worse. Wind needs to do something, fast.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    656
    Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'll likely be jumping ship the next moment the Big3's flanker brand has promotions on their plans.
    Wind has worked for me for the past 3 years and has been great in the US, but changing work requirements means I need better reception in Canada.
    Motorola DPC 550, Mitsubishi G310, Panasonic A102, Motorola V60, Sony Ericsson W200, Sony Ericsson C510a, Motorola XT502, HTC Desire V, LG Optimus L9, Samsung T159, LG G2, Huawei U2801, BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry Passport SE (short lived), BlackBerry Passport (White), BlackBerry DTEK60 (short lived), BlackBerry Priv, Essential Phone.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    192
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyeiir View Post
    If you don't like WIND so much Kav, why not just switch and stop the complaining?
    If my memory is correct Kav isn't a wind subscriber, he just likes to complain about them and try to steer people away from them

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,188
    Feedback Score
    0
    It's nice to see that us Wind customers are providing comic relief for Fido customers who have nothing better to do that shill for Rogers on the Wind forums. I bet you the way Rogers robs your wallet each month is no laughing matter. You do have us to thank for helping to raise the level of competition.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint Titan - why stay with T-Mo?
    By donaldekelly in forum Windows Mobile Devices
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 10:44 PM
  2. Replies: 91
    Last Post: 05-25-2006, 09:06 PM
  3. Why stay with sprint? Switch to verzon?
    By Sivart321 in forum Sprint
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-02-2004, 04:17 AM
  4. why stay with T-mo?
    By CeLlKiD2k6 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 03:15 PM
  5. why stay with sprint
    By punkkloser in forum Sprint
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-20-2002, 08:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks