Thread: Is Verizon prepaid the best option for Club phone?

Feedback Score

Is Verizon prepaid the best option for Club phone?

I have a Verizon 4G phone. Does anyone know what the advantage of Verizon prepaid over Total Wireless is? This phone is for a Non-profit organization, it will be passed around so we decided to go with prepaid for this phone. The phone itself was donated by a club member and the organization will pay for the refill cards.

I can get a Total Wireless 4g LTE SIM from walmart or I can get a prepaid Verizon SIM, I'm leaning towards Verizon because Verizon is what I have for a personal phone. It was a club decision to get a monthly prepaid plan.

Here my only other choices are USCellular and Viaero. Keep in mind the donated phone is Verizon branded so that's what I have to work with.

Los Angeles or Santa Cruz during the school year
    Device(s)
    AT&T iPhone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Vetizon offers 3 prepaid smartphone plans. $30 for unlimited calls and text no data. $45 for 2GB at high speed, unlimited talk and text. Finally the $60 plan includes 5 GB at high speed. You can get an extra GB for free if you sign up for auto pay. Verizon prepaid cards can be found in most grocery stores. Verizon prepaid is unthrottled. Verizon MVNOs like total wireless get LTE throttled to 5 MB/S down as your "high speed data"

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    "Here my only other choices are USCellular and Viaero." This makes me wonder if Verizon is roaming on US Cellular where you are. Does Verizon have good native coverage where you want to use the phone?

Total, StraightTalk, Tracfone, and Net10 offer service on the Verizon network but don't include roaming. Page Plus offers voice roaming for an extra per minute fee, same as Verizon Prepaid, I think. Selectel includes roaming in their fees.

Anyway, it would be helpful to know where the phone will be used and how many minutes, texts, and how much data you expect to use in order to make a recommendation.

Feedback Score
    Also, is the phone new or used? If new you'll have to use it on Verizon Prepaid for a period of time before it can be used with another provider. You'll have to dig up the current Verizon Prepaid unlocking policy to find out how long that is.

Feedback Score
    The phone is a Blackberry Z30 with the Verizon logo somebody ordered off of eBay. It looks new, not a scuff on it, but I can't be sure. Since it's for the club and will likely be passed around, I don't want my name connected with it. In the event I can't put the phone on prepaid, I pass it off to someone else and it's no longer my problem.

I know for a fact prepaid works here

Feedback Score
    Club phone?? Grab a old (and original) Motorola brick phone..that thing will work well as a club as it must weight 2-3 lbs.