Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Consumer Cellular or AT&T $2 Daily Fee Plan?

Feedback Score

Consumer Cellular or AT&T $2 Daily Fee Plan?

Has anyone tried both companies? If so, I'd appreciate hearing what your opinions were concerning the experience. If you've only used one of the providers, I'd also like to hear your feelings about that company.

Thank you very much.

Device(s)
    Moto G LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Which CC plan are you comparing to? Been a CC customer for 2 years with no regrets

Feedback Score
    The AT&T $2 daily fee plan has
    No data for smartphones but can
    Add 100 mb of data for $1

Feedback Score
    Looking at the $15 CC plan for talk and $10 for data. Don't use the cell much. Would use iPad for data when wifi is available.

Would 100 mb of data allow me to check 100-200 e-mails (without attachments) and visit 7-8 web sites?

Thank you.

Device(s)
    Moto G LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Assuming you want to be on the at&t network? CC runs on either at&t or T-Mobile

Feedback Score
    Yes. I'm leaving T-Mobile. Too many places where I can't get a signal, including my house, which is in a highly populated area.

Device(s)
    Moto G LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I think 100mb would be enough but it really depends

Device(s)
    Moto G LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    How many lines? Puretalk might be another good option for you

Feedback Score
    One line. Which network is used by Puretalk?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7, Lumia 635, Nokia 6350
    Carrier(s)
    Mint, Tello, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1newbie View Post
    One line. Which network is used by Puretalk?
    Puretalk uses AT&T

Feedback Score
    $15 on Pure Talk nets you 600 minutes and 100Mb's of data per month. Plus if you are over 55 those 600 minutes increase 10% each month (for the next six months) ended up at 900 minutes. I think that you will also find if you add an additional 400 Mb for $10 and then cancel it before the month is out you will find that the data rolls over month to month until it's used up.

It's the best deal out there on AT&T's native network.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rustybronco View Post
    $15 on Pure Talk nets you 600 minutes and 100Mb's of data per month. Plus if you are over 55 those 600 minutes increase 10% each month (for the next six months) ended up at 900 minutes. I think that you will also find if you add an additional 400 Mb for $10 and then cancel it before the month is out you will find that the data rolls over month to month until it's used up.

It's the best deal out there on AT&T's native network.
    yeah, that is right PureTalk plans is cheaper than Consumer Cellular plans. but for seniors Consumer Cellular has important advantage, which is the the doro senior cell phones. and if you are an AARP member you can save %5 on the monthly plan fees as Consumer Cellular AARP cell phone plan discount and the customer service is also better.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jecko View Post
    yeah, that is right PureTalk plans is cheaper than Consumer Cellular plans. but for seniors Consumer Cellular has important advantage, which is the the doro senior cell phones. and if you are an AARP member you can save %5 on the monthly plan fees as Consumer Cellular AARP cell phone plan discount and the customer service is also better.
    Consumer Cellular is serving a specific audience, which is the senior citizen and AARP members who has benefits from the discount. For any customer out of these two groups there's many cheaper options.

Device(s)
    Moto G LTE
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dastin11 View Post
    Consumer Cellular is serving a specific audience, which is the senior citizen and AARP members who has benefits from the discount. For any customer out of these two groups there's many cheaper options.
    I'm just barely of AARP age. But I went with CC because their plans are cost effective for families with moderate usage. Cost for 4 lines is comparable to Cricket, but offers roaming off the AT&T network. (CC didn't offer T-MOBILE service when we signed up).

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone SE , Sony Ericsson TM-506
    Carrier(s)
    Consumer Cellular , Airvoice Wireless
    Feedback Score
    CC also offers arguably better customer service. And the ability to walk into a national chain of stores (Target or Sears) to buy a SIM or a phone if need be. And, unless it's changed recently, CC offers AT&T's postpaid coverage, not what AT&T offers GoPhone, Cricket, and pretty much every other AT&T MVNO. (Yes, I know about CC/T-Mobile but it's still easy to get AT&T from them.)

Not saying PureTalk is a bad deal. I've considered them more than once for a few low-volume phone lines I manage for others and it's mostly been inertia that keeps me where I am (AirVoice). Just that a comparison between PureTalk and CC is a comparison between an apple and a pear. Close, but not identical.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast