Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is it worth it to swich to the new throttled data plans?

Device(s)
    LG Transpyre
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Is it worth it to swich to the new throttled data plans?

I'm on the old $60 5 GB plan. I get an extra gig with autopay. My bill is due on the 16th of every month.

I just wanna know if it's worth it to to switch to the new $60 throttled plan. I'm constantly around Wi-Fi and I barely use 3 GB of data a month.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    If you are not a data hog, then my answer would be no. I don't know how much is the new plan is.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrett178 View Post
    I'm on the old $60 5 GB plan. I get an extra gig with autopay. My bill is due on the 16th of every month.

I just wanna know if it's worth it to to switch to the new $60 throttled plan. I'm constantly around Wi-Fi and I barely use 3 GB of data a month.
    There is no downside to switching. You pay the exact same amount of money for the same amount of high speed data, still get the autopay bonus but also get Always On throttled data.

Los Angeles or Santa Cruz during the school year
    Device(s)
    AT&T iPhone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

The new plan is $60 for 5GB and 6GB with auto pay, so I recommend the new plan. If you only use 3 GB try the $45 plan with 2GB and use autopay to up it to 3GB.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nicothetechguy View Post
    The new plan is $60 for 5GB and 6GB with auto pay, so I recommend the new plan. If you only use 3 GB try the $45 plan with 2GB and use autopay to up it to 3GB.
    The $60/mo plan also includes unlimited Talk to Canada and Mexico.

Device(s)
    Iphone Xs, Ipad Pro 11"
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon/Cricket
    Feedback Score

It is never a bad thing to switch to a new plan, pay the same, get the same with extra, so I would say it is worth it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Pre-Paid
    Feedback Score
    If you switch prepaid plans, should you switch one day before the bill is due, one day after it was due, or switch on the day the bill is due. I want to also switch, but not sure which day to do it.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Meteor View Post
    If you switch prepaid plans, should you switch one day before the bill is due, one day after it was due, or switch on the day the bill is due. I want to also switch, but not sure which day to do it.
    Do it the day before it renews.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Pre-Paid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by icdvtrvt View Post
    Do it the day before it renews.
    Thank you very much!

Feedback Score
    So existing customers don't get the throttled data, you have to call in and switch to a "new plan"?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by THoAddict01 View Post
    So existing customers don't get the throttled data, you have to call in and switch to a "new plan"?
    I didn't have to do anything. It was automatically added to my 2GB/3GB with Autopay plan.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S10
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless(prepaid)
    Feedback Score
    hmm... I might switch from the 5GB/6GB prepaid plan down to the 2GB/3GB prepaid plan. I'm using less data than I had previously thought I would since only doing my phone backups over wifi. So 3GB is borderline enough. So even if I need to add another 1GB of data, it will still cost me less than the current $60. If they had free streaming for the music services, i definitely wouldn't have any issues since that is were most of my data use comes from.

Feedback Score
    How slow is the throttled data? 2G? Does anyone have a screen shot of a speed test?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceBK View Post
    How slow is the throttled data? 2G? Does anyone have a screen shot of a speed test?
    I don't have the screenshot but I saw a Speedtest on another thread. 0.12 down and 0.11 up.

Feedback Score

If you are using 3 GB of data per month, it is better for you to switch to the new Verizon cell phone plan which, includes 3 GB for $45 a month. And it is also recommended to switch after the phone contract expire if you have one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast