Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 80

Thread: Is Sprint Really Ending In-Store 2 year Contracts Aug 26th?

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    117
    Feedback Score
    0
    It seems odd that Sprint would be taking 2-Year contracts away from existing customers, considering Verizon still offers them to those on legacy plans with little hassle.

    Sent from my Nexus 6P using HoFo mobile app

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    529
    Feedback Score
    0
    They haven't taken them away. They've just severely limited the available methods for obtaining them.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,310
    Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 7, Galaxy S7E
    Carrier(s)
    VZW UNLTD, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    0
    Best Buy no longer offers 2 year contracts for Sprint both online and in store on smartphones.
    Drexel University 1Gbps Fiber

    Verizon 3x Carrier Aggregation @ 90 MHz, Unlimited

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    316
    Feedback Score
    0
    So I have 2 leases that have ended. Do I just call and beg them for a contract priced phone or threaten to walk? The iPhone 7's start at 199?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    79
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR, small Bluetooth speaker
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & a bunch of overseas prepaid SIMs
    Feedback Score
    0
    My previous two year agreement ended a week ago and the next day I went to the Apple Store and paid $299, plus a $36 activation fee, plus tax, plus a new 2 year agreement on the legacy plan I've had since 2012 to own a new iPhone 7 128GB in Jet Black. I was delighted they had it in stock.

    Because the front microphone(s) had not worked for 11 months and the battery would only take 63% of its original full charge, I happily sold my iPhone 6 32GB to Apple for $200 off the $299 iPhone 7 purchase price. The Apple Store person said Apple disassembles them for parts. Acknowledging the defects on Craigslist or eBay would have killed its resale value.

    It is pretty clear the traditional Sprint ownership, $199/299 (64/128GB), 2 rear agreement program is alive and well. However, I'd recommend getting the phone at Apple Stores or whichever volume store has it in stock. I bought the iPhone 6 online from Sprint in Oct 2014 and it took 7 weeks to arrive rather than anticipated 2-3 weeks.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    316
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thanks!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    529
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hbiz View Post
    My previous two year agreement ended a week ago and the next day I went to the Apple Store and paid $299, plus a $36 activation fee, plus tax, plus a new 2 year agreement on the legacy plan I've had since 2012 to own a new iPhone 7 128GB in Jet Black. I was delighted they had it in stock.

    Because the front microphone(s) had not worked for 11 months and the battery would only take 63% of its original full charge, I happily sold my iPhone 6 32GB to Apple for $200 off the $299 iPhone 7 purchase price. The Apple Store person said Apple disassembles them for parts. Acknowledging the defects on Craigslist or eBay would have killed its resale value.

    It is pretty clear the traditional Sprint ownership, $199/299 (64/128GB), 2 rear agreement program is alive and well. However, I'd recommend getting the phone at Apple Stores or whichever volume store has it in stock. I bought the iPhone 6 online from Sprint in Oct 2014 and it took 7 weeks to arrive rather than anticipated 2-3 weeks.
    Good to hear Apple can still do 2-year contracts.

  8. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Shenandoah
    Posts
    16
    Device(s)
    Current iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    0
    Bestbuy online with sprint still has it but they charge an extra 20 with freedom plan..i did the math and i was better off with the freedom plan and a 24 month payment..plus i didnt have to dish out 50 to 300 to get a premium phone

    Sent from my SM-N920P using HoFo mobile app

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    316
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CrownRoyal1972 View Post
    Bestbuy online with sprint still has it but they charge an extra 20 with freedom plan..i did the math and i was better off with the freedom plan and a 24 month payment..plus i didnt have to dish out 50 to 300 to get a premium phone

    Sent from my SM-N920P using HoFo mobile app
    I can't keep up. Best Buy did not have this option just two weeks ago. At least not on their mobile site.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    12
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by CrownRoyal1972 View Post
    Bestbuy online with sprint still has it but they charge an extra 20 with freedom plan..i did the math and i was better off with the freedom plan and a 24 month payment..plus i didnt have to dish out 50 to 300 to get a premium phone

    Sent from my SM-N920P using HoFo mobile app
    Best Buy isn't charging a premium for the Freedom rate plan. It's the same cost as Sprint.

    Good call on the total cost of 24 months. Most don't understand the math line. At the end of 24 months, your total cash outlay for installments vs. 2-year are VERY close, if not the same.

    Everyone's situation is different. Multi-line plans vs. single line also factors in.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    1
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by coolguy27 View Post
    sprint.com and bestbuy.com removed the 2 yr upgrade. It was just there a few weeks ago. Sucks cause my 2yr is ab out to exp in a few weeks.
    Sprint is so confusing. I just logged-in and saw the option for a 24 mo contract when I was investigating upgrading my wife's eligible line. That wasn't there two weeks ago (around the time you posted). Best Buy also pulled 2-yr contracts around that time. WTF is going on?!

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    79
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR, small Bluetooth speaker
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & a bunch of overseas prepaid SIMs
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just get the 2 year $199/299 purchase option from the Apple Store Online, its toll free # or at a store location. You can choose a new Sprint service plan or extend your current plan.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    12
    Feedback Score
    0
    Besides sprint, costco.com still offers 2yr upgrade and I guess apple has it too but I'm not a apple fan. Anyone else know of other places that offers the 2yr upgrade?

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    79
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR, small Bluetooth speaker
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint & a bunch of overseas prepaid SIMs
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ccarlmcracken View Post
    Darn. If Sprint has stopped contracts completely, they've lost all of their competitive advantage to me.
    just go to an Apple Store or order from the Apppe Store Online for the $199/299 Sprint purchase. You can just extend your current legacy plan for 2 more years.
    iPhone XR with Sprint, iOS 12.1.3

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    529
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hbiz View Post
    just go to an Apple Store or order from the Apppe Store Online for the $199/299 Sprint purchase. You can just extend your current legacy plan for 2 more years.
    Not everyone wants Apple products.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Sprint to End The 2-Year Contract (again)
    By YCGrad in forum Sprint
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 05-28-2016, 01:32 AM
  2. The world is goin to end in the year 2012.
    By vietalogy in forum Nextel Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-06-2004, 02:57 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-28-2003, 02:15 PM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-07-2003, 06:59 PM
  5. How is Sprint's Coverage in Las Vegas Casinos
    By lgreenberg in forum Sprint
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-10-2003, 12:11 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks