Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: T-Mobile just dropped a bomb.

Feedback Score

T-Mobile just dropped a bomb.

$70 for unlimited
    $50 for second line unlimited
    $20 for every additional line unlimited

http://www.tmonews.com/2016/08/un-ca...nlimited-plan/

Vzw and attws, should watch out T-Mobile is only a year and half to two years of matching there coverage. My opinion.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T, verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbudha View Post
    $70 for unlimited

Vzw and attws, should watch out T-Mobile is only a year and half to two years of matching there coverage. My opinion.
    Get that fake unlimited **** outta here. Add all the extras to it and it's a higher priced plan than Tmo had before.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Add $25/line forn HD videos and $15 just for high speed data on tablets. The costs add up really fast.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7 Active
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    And tethering is only allowed at 2g, right.

Device(s)
    iPhone Xs
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, Visible, AT&T 2016 UL, Mobley CCU, ATT 500GB rural plan
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondLink View Post
    Add $25/line forn HD videos and $15 just for high speed data on tablets. The costs add up really fast.
    Wow are you serious? If true, what a complete joke. This has to be net neutrality complaint worthy, right?
    Visible Early Access Code-90CC6

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    Wow are you serious? If true, what a complete joke. This has to be net neutrality complaint worthy, right?
    I would say yes.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    It is a net neutrality issue yes

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    I'm glad I have 2 lines for $100. If they ever force me off my plan, I'm gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    While I am not a fan of the new at&t or vzw plans (for my usage and # of lines), I find these TM plans even less compelling, especially 2G tethering (come on, at least give "3G" speeds).

Most people do not need unlimited. I myself could probably do with less data than I currently have; there's no incentive for unlimited for many users. This is just a price increase.

Sprint is responding with a $60 plan that is similar.
    AT&T: 2003 (gophone) & 2008-2009 & 2013-Present
    Cingular: 2003-2006
    Sprint: 2006-2007 & 2009-2011
    Verizon Wireless: 2001-2003 & 2011-2013

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cyorke View Post
    And tethering is only allowed at 2g, right.
    Correct, however you can buy high speed tethering for $15 for 5GB. So if you tether, this makes the new plans extremely expensive (and probably the point).

Current T-Mobile unlimited single user plan: $95 unlimited high speed data + 14GB tethering + no restrictions on streaming at HD or above.
    New T-Mobile plan: $70 unlimited high speed data + $45 for 15GB tethering + $25 to stream HD video

So it is now $140 for the same plan that is currently $95. That's a huge price increase.

Device(s)
    Moto G7 Power, Nexus 5X
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, PagePlus
    Feedback Score
    This is getting mixed reviews on the T-Mo forum. Some think it's a good thing. Some think charging extra for non-compressed video streaming is a violation of Net Neutrality. Some (myself included) think it's a really slick way to increase rates on new accounts, without having it sound like a rate increase. I don't know if I'd say that T-Mobile "dropped a bomb" or "laid and egg." Take your pick.

My theory is that it's a way to increase ARPU by charging everyone for unlimited when most folks get along fine with a small data bucket combined with Data Stash (rollover) and zero-rating audio and video streaming. They are also cutting out full speed tethering, which has been a big benefit to many. They figured out that all this zero-rating was costing them too much and needed to bump the price for low-end data buckets.
    Donald Newcomb

Device(s)
    SGS 7, Moto G6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T MSV 10+10GB, Sprint Free for a year
    Feedback Score
    First of all, this is a giant price increase over the current 4 lines for $120/mo with 6GB of data plus Binge On!, which, lets face it, is Unlimited several times over unless you sit there and download giant files all day on your phone.

Secondly, they are massively improving their coverage with B12 LTE, and filling in a lot of gaps in the network. However, they still have giant chunks missing. Like what the heck happened to Vermont and Maine?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DRNewcomb View Post
    This is getting mixed reviews on the T-Mo forum. Some think it's a good thing. Some think charging extra for non-compressed video streaming is a violation of Net Neutrality. Some (myself included) think it's a really slick way to increase rates on new accounts, without having it sound like a rate increase. I don't know if I'd say that T-Mobile "dropped a bomb" or "laid and egg." Take your pick.

My theory is that it's a way to increase ARPU by charging everyone for unlimited when most folks get along fine with a small data bucket combined with Data Stash (rollover) and zero-rating audio and video streaming. They are also cutting out full speed tethering, which has been a big benefit to many. They figured out that all this zero-rating was costing them too much and needed to bump the price for low-end data buckets.
    All I need AT&T to do is add some high speed tethering to their Unlimited Plan and I'll be with them (probably) forever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbudha View Post
    $70 for unlimited

Please. If anything, this change actually makes AT&T and Verizon look like better options.

Device(s)
    Pixel 2, 3 & 3a; Moto X4, 6 & 7; ZTE R2; iPhone XR
    Carrier(s)
    Google Fi; Visible
    Feedback Score
    Not dropped a bomb, layed an egg is more like it. Verizon execs will be sleeping well tonight.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast