Thread: Is "Keep A Cash Balance" Still the only way to guarantee no gap in service?

Feedback Score

Is "Keep A Cash Balance" Still the only way to guarantee no gap in service?

Hi All,

It's almost a year after Page Plus announced they had fixed the renewal gap issue but as I'm sure you all know it has continued just the same. Every month on the renewal date I get the usual 1am e-mail that my plan has renewed...followed by the 3-4am text message that my plan has run out...USUALLY followed by a message sometime before I wake up that the plan has renewed. Every few months, though...I have no service until I contact page plus halfway through the day, they contact me back to say there's nothing wrong..then magically I get service. I was originally using a separate company to auto-pay but they closed shop so I went directly to page plus for my auto-pay thinking that might resolve the issue. it didn't .

So! to get to the point: Is keeping a cash balance on top of your auto-pay pins the only way to have continued service? And is that even flaky? Will I definitely have non-interrupted service if it swaps from my monthly pin to a cash balance back to the new monthly pin once it finally applies? It really irks me to have to add 10 dollars every few months (cause the 10 dollars "expire" after 120 days) when my $40 is supposed to cover me month to month.

Has anyone ever found any kind of pattern to this? Are certain phones (ex. older phones) more subject to this? I seem to have the problem more often than my wife's phone which is newer. just curious!
    Last edited by dlvonde; 08-20-2016 at 12:55 PM.

Feedback Score
    OK their customer service wrote me back and told me to cancel autopay (currentlly set up to renew on the 20th of each month) then sign up for autopay again but this time for 3 days earlier (17th of each month). This should purchase the pin on the 17th, move it to some reserved area, then immediately apply on the 20th when the prior plan runs out.

I'll believe it when I see it!