Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 'Upgraded' to unlimited?

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chucko2000 View Post
    Tmobile says that the new counting period does not start till the 23 Sept. So, until then, you can still tether all you want. But don't you still have the 25gig cap?

That might help a little.
    The plan changes have hit me instantly. I am on unlimited, Binge On was switched on, and I have 10GB of hotspot data.

Some have been able to disable Binge On, but I'm on a business account - and the portal is completely messed up. So while I hope I can disable Binge On, I can't confirm that until they fix the business account portal... hopefully over the weekend.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    Now, at it sounds, I have a slower hotspot
    Who says you have a slower hotspot? That doesn't make any sense.

and no ability to use my stash when needed today. Without even 30 days notice, in the middle of a bill cycle.
    You should call them and demand to get your stash back and go back on your limited plan.

Some have been able to disable Binge On, but I'm on a business account - and the portal is completely messed up.
    The short codes aren't working either?:

"you can dial #BNG# (#264#) to check your Binge On status, #BOF# (#263#) to disable Binge On, and #BON# (#266#) to enable Binge On."

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I've been working some of this through. Few updates - as I've gotten them from T-Mobile employees, Reddit (/r/tmobile is thankfully one of the sane parts of Reddit), and elsewhere.

* Business account T-Mobile.com portals are still borked.

* Some people (like me) were reporting with #BNG# that Binge On was disabled, but it may not have been during the conversion. That was why I was getting 480p video. Doing a #263# and waiting 5 minutes appears to fix this.

* Hotspot was prioritized on the old plan, but is not anymore on the new "promotional/One-esque" plan - it is 10GB and may be throttled to 2G afterwards.

* People who used 10-25GB of hotspot via Data Stash are burned here - that's no longer an option. And the priority Data Stash network access is gone.

* There is no going back. This was done by plan code, and the old plan codes are gone. If you were switched to the new plan, there is no way to reverse it - because your old plan no longer exists.

Feedback Score
    Yes, I've been working some of this through. Few updates - as I've gotten them from T-Mobile employees, Reddit (/r/tmobile is thankfully one of the sane parts of Reddit), and elsewhere.

* Business account T-Mobile.com portals are still borked.

* Some people (like me) were reporting with #BNG# that Binge On was disabled, but it may not have been during the conversion. That was why I was getting 480p video. Doing a #263# and waiting 5 minutes appears to fix this.

* Hotspot was prioritized on the old plan, but is not anymore on the new "promotional/One-esque" plan - it is 10GB and may be throttled to 2G afterwards.

* People who used 10-25GB of hotspot via Data Stash are burned here - that's no longer an option. And the priority Data Stash network access is gone.

* There is no going back. This was done by plan code, and the old plan codes are gone. If you were switched to the new plan, there is no way to reverse it - because your old plan no longer exists.
    Why are they still broken the T-Mobile portal cause I can't even check my account 4gas t mobile service

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cjesus View Post
    Why are they still broken the T-Mobile portal cause I can't even check my account 4gas t mobile service
    They just rewired tens, if not hundreds of thousands of accounts, with little or no external notice. I'm surprised portions of T-Mobile.com are still even loading in the web broswer and not generating an HTTP 500 internal server error.

Feedback Score
    This is incorrect information. Hotspot deprioritization is a network management policy and is not dependent on a particular plan. Your hotspot priortization is no different than on your old plan. See for yourself:

"To ensure the best possible on-device experience for the most possible customers, and to minimize capacity issues and degradation in network performance, we prioritize on-device data (except that of significant data users, as described above) over tethering data at times and at locations where there are competing customer demands for network resources, which may result in slower tethering speeds.

Where the network is lightly loaded in relation to available capacity, a customer whose data is prioritized lower than other traffic will notice little, if any, effect from having lower priority. This will be the case in the vast majority of times and locations. "

http://www.t-mobile.com/company/comp...-services.html

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    It's a bit TBD right now to see if T-Mobile applied this to older plans, because it could be an ETF out for older plans on contract that were promised hotspot at full speed.

Network management policies don't always apply to all accounts, see Verizon for many examples of this.

That said, I do suspect it does apply to all accounts... I inferred we just don't know yet if it applies to older accounts, which did advertise hotspot as prioritized (at the time).

Device(s)
    Samsung A930
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Anyone on the 50 sc plan get upgraded?

Carrier(s)
    VZW - Work / T-Mobile (iPhone)
    Feedback Score
    Dagger007, I haven't seen any reports of the single line $50 plan getting any free data allotments.

It also seems like those on the 4 lines for $100 (2.5GB per line) promotion got a 1GB bonus allotment, but based on something I saw posted at T-Mo News, those with > 4 lines might not have been eligible.

I have 7 lines on (what I thought) was that plan, but my bill shows $120 for 6 lines, plus $10 for the 7th line. So technically, I am not on that plan, and they apparently didn't provide the bonus data to those with more than 4 lines on the 2.5GB plan. As Charlie Brown would say, "I got a rock"...

Did anyone with more than 4 lines on the 2.5GB plan get the bonus? If so, does you bill show the first 4 lines for $100, then $10 per line, or rather does it show more than for lines for >$100 (e.g., my 6 lines for $120, which presumably has a different plan code, and thus wasn't included in the promotion).

Hop, Skip, and a Jump from Tijuana, Mexico
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have the 10gb plan and got the text that I would be upgraded until 2018. My plan just reset a day ago, but I still see the same 10gb. Is it supposed to show something different?

Sent from my XT1575 using HoFo mobile app
    MOBILE HISTORY:
    TM
    * 16: Moto X Pure 64GB Black
    TM, Telcel, ATT
    * 15: Note 3, ZE600, 2720
    * 14: Galaxy Avant, Z600
    Sprint/ATT
    * 12: GS3, 2720
    Nextel/Boost/ATT
    * 10: BB8350i, 2720
    * 09: i9, BB7520
    * 08: Tilt, i450
    * 07: W810i, A707, 8125, BlackJack
    * 06: L6, Z520, 6682
    VZ/TM/ATT
    * 05: 7135, i600, V551, 6230, 6620, Z600
    * 04: V300, T610, 6035, 3390
    * 03: T720C
    * 02: Advx CDM4000, 9000, 9155GPX, Thera

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have the 10gb plan and got the text that I would be upgraded until 2018. My plan just reset a day ago, but I still see the same 10gb. Is it supposed to show something different?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have the 10gb plan and got the text that I would be upgraded until 2019. My plan just reset a day ago, but I still see the same 10gb. Is it supposed to show something different?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rafster View Post
    I have the 10gb plan and got the text that I would be upgraded until 2019. My plan just reset a day ago, but I still see the same 10gb. Is it supposed to show something different?

I got the same text. Tmobile stated that the new plan would start instantly and they would have the usage reports fixed by sept 23rd. They missed their self imposed deadline. Things likke that happen, but it is poor service not to advise those customers who are affected by the delay. I went way over my 10gb limit with no throttling.

Feedback Score

I got the same text. Tmobile stated that the new plan would start instantly and they would have the usage reports fixed by sept 23rd. They missed their self imposed deadline. Things likke that happen, but it is poor service not to advise those customers who are affected by the delay. I went way over my 10gb limit with no throttling.

Feedback Score

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast