Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 11 61 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1665

Thread: boom! Mobile

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, previously Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bennor View Post
    The email does indicate they will start the migration on Tuesday, October 27th, 2020 and that it will take up to five days. But yeah some additional specifics on when exactly people should perform the update would have helped. Probably going to be a lot of people contacting support to clarify certain questions left unsaid by the email.

I too wondered when we could do this. I tried the VM redo yesterday. It immediately asked for my password, which meant to me that the Boom makeover hadn't happened yet. Verizon always wants your password. The instructions from Boom did not include entering a password.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, Droid Mini, LG Cosmos, Motorola Razr 3vm, Motorola V60, Motorola Startac
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Postpaid, Boom! Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glasspilot View Post
    I too wondered when we could do this. I tried the VM redo yesterday. It immediately asked for my password, which meant to me that the Boom makeover hadn't happened yet. Verizon always wants your password. The instructions from Boom did not include entering a password.
    Looks like we'll have to check every day for the next couple of days. Get the same for the two days (Boom Red user); dial *86, get VM greeting: "Please enter your password", hit #, asked for password. Also been checking to see if WiFi Calling is an option or can be enabled. No setting showing up so far in the Settings or Call options sections. Only one of the hidden screen (that one can reach, on certain phones, by dialing *#*#4636#*#*) shows a WiFi Calling option and it's disabled.

Name:  Screenshot_20201021-180343.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  39.6 KB

Feedback Score
    Have there been any issues porting from Verizon postpaid directly to boom!, similar to other MVNOs? I'm seriously considering move two lines once my wife's phone is paid off in January to the Xtreme boom! Red plan.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbird1 View Post
    Have there been any issues porting from Verizon postpaid directly to boom!, similar to other MVNOs? I'm seriously considering move two lines once my wife's phone is paid off in January to the Xtreme boom! Red plan.
    Yes. The info is buried in this thread somewhere.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, Droid Mini, LG Cosmos, Motorola Razr 3vm, Motorola V60, Motorola Startac
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    No problem porting from Verizon post paid to Boom Red prepaid back in 2017 using a Verizon branded phone (at that time). YMMV Made a post about it at this link. Took about 10 minutes once I started the port process.

Back up/download (if possible) any Voice Mail messages that you want to keep prior to leaving Verizon as one sets up a blank/empty VM box after porting to Boom Red.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Yes. The info is buried in this thread somewhere.
    Thanks Boz. I had searched and didn't find anything, but I changed my search and found it.

Feedback Score
    Thanks Boz. I had searched and didn't find anything, but I changed my search and found it.
    You're welcome.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone on Boom Red had to change their voice mail box due to Boom's Enhances System Migration? The email (and text) indicated the process would begin on Tuesday, October 27th and would take up to five days and listed the directions to change the mail box. So far no change for me on Boom Red. Mail box still, as of this morning, asks for password when I follow the directions Boom put out. WiFi Calling provisioning still grayed out in the hidden system screen on my phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Raised a support ticket with Boom Support on the Enhanced System Migration and support's reply indicated the migration has been temporarily postponed. Support indicated that a second email would be going out to users likely sometime before the end of the year when they hope to proceed with the migration. Wonder why Boom couldn't simply email people and tell them that the migration was put on hold?

Feedback Score

Red wifi calling question

As an fyi, I just ported my LG V20 over from Selectel to Boom red, and was pleased to find that Wifi calling works. Well mostly - I'm getting some dropouts, but not sure yet if that's due to my local Wifi. But good to know I have the option if needed.

Question for Boom - Is this expected to work the same as for VZW customers, in that international Wifi calls to US are ok?

VZW FAQ:
    Wi-Fi calling is included at no additional charge on compatible devices. Wi-Fi calls to US numbers are free, even while traveling internationally. Wi-Fi calls to a country other than the US are charged international long distance rates regardless of whether or not you have TravelPass or an international travel plan.

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by miloj View Post
    As an fyi, I just ported my LG V20 over from Selectel to Boom red, and was pleased to find that Wifi calling works. Well mostly - I'm getting some dropouts, but not sure yet if that's due to my local Wifi. But good to know I have the option if needed.

Question for Boom - Is this expected to work the same as for VZW customers, in that international Wifi calls to US are ok?

VZW FAQ:
    Wi-Fi calling is included at no additional charge on compatible devices. Wi-Fi calls to US numbers are free, even while traveling internationally. Wi-Fi calls to a country other than the US are charged international long distance rates regardless of whether or not you have TravelPass or an international travel plan.
    Correct. If you are on wifi in another country and call back to the US, the call will rate as normal domestic call. It’s highly recommended that Wi-Fi calling Is functioning and set up in the US before traveling internationally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome rate plans @ www.boom.us
    To request support please visit support.boom.us and open a ticket.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by miloj View Post
    Can @CharlesB or anyone else from Boom give a definitive answer on WiFi Calling on Boom Red. Is it active? As this post seem to indicate that it is active on Boom Red. If it is active how can one enable it on their phone when their phone currently indicates its not provisioned? Or is there a list of phones where WiFi Calling is supported so we can compare our phones against that list?

Having a supposedly WiFi Calling capable phone, but not having Verizon Wireless enable the option on the phone, was one of the issues I had with Verizon when I was on VZW post paid prior to moving to Boom Red. VZW only enabled WiFi calling on "select phones" when I was on VZW.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bennor View Post
    Can @CharlesB or anyone else from Boom give a definitive answer on WiFi Calling on Boom Red. Is it active? As this post seem to indicate that it is active on Boom Red. If it is active how can one enable it on their phone when their phone currently indicates its not provisioned? Or is there a list of phones where WiFi Calling is supported so we can compare our phones against that list? Having a supposedly WiFi Calling capable phone, but not having Verizon Wireless enable the option on the phone, was one of the issues I had with Verizon when I was on VZW post paid prior to moving to Boom Red. VZW only enabled WiFi calling on "select phones" when I was on VZW.
    see this here - https://www.reddit.com/r/NoContract/...ing_allow_the/

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    See what? There is nothing new there (other than esim info) than what is likewise posted earlier in this thread. The email info was previously posed (by me by the way ) one page back. And as indicated previously the directions in the email to setup the voice mail box didn't work (by me and at least one other). And as also indicated previously the migration has been put on hold. Finally got a text from Boom earlier today indicating as much on the migration being put on hold:
    1:08 PM
    The Enhanced System Migration has been delayed. We apologize for the inconvenience and will notify you once it resumes.
    The post I quoted indicated they were on Boom Red and had WiFi Calling with their phone. My question remains for the Boom reps. Is WiFi Calling active on Boom Red? And if so how does one enable it when their phone (see a screen cap I posted previously) that indicates its not provisioned and there is no option in any of the Android 8.1 settings to enable WiFi Calling.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    FWIW, it was never answered on this thread, but I was able to transfer my eSIM (Blue) from my iPhone 11 to my new iPhone 12 Pro using the builtin tools on the phone. Didn't have to call CS.

I backed up my 11 to my mac, and restored my new phone from backup. It had my Boom account on it, and it gave instructions about allowing the account to transfer from my 11 on my 11. I warily did so, hoping I wasn't calling from another phone in a panic to Boom.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. Not yet signed up for 5G.

Page 111 of 111 FirstFirst ... 11 61 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111