Page 117 of 125 FirstFirst ... 17 67 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,755 of 1872

Thread: boom! Mobile

Feedback Score
    I can't find this wording for the 1 year 5 gb Boom Blue plan but for the 22gb plan the website wording is: " DATA RESTRICTIONS: After 22GB, all data usage is subject to a max of 128 Kbps (2G speeds) which will reset the 1st of each calendar month. "

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    I find the statements mentioning calendar months since my plan month ends in the middle. And my usage resets then. The recent month I went over was due to an Apple bug. I’m otherwise able to keep under 5gb since my [email protected] usage is on my iPad. Which has its own unlimited plan.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. And also have a Galaxy a10e as a backup travel phone.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, previously Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I'm a great procrastinator and still use my Galaxy S5. I finally have a problem that may force me into a new phone.

The 4G symbol on the top is grayed out. I've done the Google search and tried everything I read about, including the factory reset. I'm thinking it may be a hardware failure. The phone still makes calls and texts. WiFi and BT still seem to work. I'd love to hear any ideas you all have (and I'm going to start working on it's replacement)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'm looking seriously at the Motorola Moto E6 unlocked (on Ebay). Anybody here have any experience with this phone on Boom Red?

Device(s)
    Moto G Stylus, Moto E4 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Liberty Wireless, FreedomPop, Red Pocket (AT&T & Verizon)
    Feedback Score
    I personally wouldn't bother with the Moto E6 when you can get a brand new Moto E for $119. The Moto E is faster, has more storage and is on Android 10.

The only thing I found superior in the Moto E6 is the FM radio.

Sent from my moto g stylus using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Thanks Digital Rules.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by glasspilot View Post
    I'm a great procrastinator and still use my Galaxy S5. I finally have a problem that may force me into a new phone.

The 4G symbol on the top is grayed out. I've done the Google search and tried everything I read about, including the factory reset. I'm thinking it may be a hardware failure. The phone still makes calls and texts. WiFi and BT still seem to work. I'd love to hear any ideas you all have (and I'm going to start working on it's replacement)
    For those of you on AT&T, there is now a whitelist of phones that AT&T will accept for the best service. I don't know why they did this.

https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/con...TT-Network.pdf

https://www.att.com/ecms/dam/att/con...TT-Network.pdf

Feedback Score

Ringing 30 seconds before going to voicemail

I have an old Galaxy S5 which works fine for what it is. About a month ago - right around the time that I finally got Boom's "enhanced" setup working on my phone - I started having problems with calls ringing for about 30 seconds before the voicemail picks up. Most people won't wait that long to leave a message, so I end up with lots of missed calls.

I contacted Boom support but they basically said that there was nothing they could do. I'm not sure if this is because of Boom's interface or if it's happening because I have an older phone(?) I know others that use Verizon directly and none have this problem.

I don't want to have to find another carrier just because of this, but it makes my phone very inconvenient to use. Any ideas or recommendations?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Moto G5 Plus, Droid Mini, LG Cosmos, Motorola Razr 3vm, Motorola V60, Motorola Startac
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless Postpaid, Boom! Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibennia View Post
    I contacted Boom support but they basically said that there was nothing they could do. I'm not sure if this is because of Boom's interface or if it's happening because I have an older phone(?) I know others that use Verizon directly and none have this problem.
    If you have Boom Red (Verizon Wireless) I don't think you can change the "ring count". It's been set to, if I remember right, approximately 30 seconds (four to five rings) before rolling over to voice mail, for years.

MVNO services like Boom are not the same as the service one gets direct from the cellular providers like Verizon Wireless. There are typically features and options not available to we MVNO users that the providers provide (often for higher plan pricing) to their primary customers both post paid and pre paid.

Edit to add: Here is one VZW service reply in their support forums from 2015 indicating its a fixed time and not user changeable.

https://community.verizon.com/t5/Ver...ht/true#M66425

And another VZW support forum thread from 2019 where someone indicates its not user changeable.

https://community.verizon.com/t5/App...ht/true#M35351

Some workarounds are to configure the phone to send all calls immediately to voice mail. I.e. not ring at all. Or use a third party voice mail box service and app that has the ability to set the ring count value to send calls to that third party voice mail box. The problem is typically the ring count is carrier dependent setting and some carries don't allow the user to change that setting. In some cases one may be able to contact the carrier directly to see if they can (beg) the carrier to change the value.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibennia View Post
    About a month ago - right around the time that I finally got Boom's "enhanced" setup working on my phone - I started having problems with calls ringing for about 30 seconds before the voicemail picks up.
    Quote Originally Posted by bennor View Post
    If you have Boom Red (Verizon Wireless) I don't think you can change the "ring count". It's been set to, if I remember right, approximately 30 seconds (four to five rings) before rolling over to voice mail, for years.
    Ibenna, I agree with Bennor. A 30 sec ring duration sounds pretty normal to me. And I am not familiar with Booms "Enhanced" thing you're talking about.

I have been with Boom now ~5ish years and I also use an ancient S5, although it's about to be replaced because it won't receive cellular data anymore.

Feedback Score
    My voicemail would pick up after only about 15-20 seconds until recently. I know 2 other people on Verizon monthly plans and their voicemail is currently working the same way mine used to. I guess I'll have to pay the full pop for Verizon if I don't want to keep missing calls .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wkchiang View Post
    I would advice to avoid using Boom.us at all cost. I had very bad customer service experience last September and this week. They are not professional. They told me my SIM was burned and locked because I remove the sim to use in another phone (which, I never heard of before).
    I just chatted with BOOM and they told me the same thing: the SIMS are for one device. When they are switched to a new device, they are "burned" by AT&T. I may wait maybe to get a newer phone before I sign up for their yearly 5GB plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone SE, Galaxy a10e
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, Mobi
    Feedback Score
    I know I was able to move from the iPhone 11 eSIM to the 12 pro eSIM without even contacting boom. Was there any phones not on the att whitelist involved. There have been people on att and att Mvnos getting sims locked when moving sims on phones not whitelisted. Even when going back to the original phone.

Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    AT&T has never allowed SIMs to be reused.

SIM swapping worked, but they may be tying them to the IMEI now (like Verizon does at activation).

Of AT&T is doing it then Boom has no control. They have to follow AT&T's new rules just like they always have had to do with Verizon.

That said it's crappy of AT&T to suddenly disallow SIM swaps after allowing it for so long. Then again there are reports of Verizon doing similar in the last year.

Device(s)
    iphone 11
    Carrier(s)
    Boom
    Feedback Score
    Did the Boom people go some place else and i missed it?

Page 117 of 125 FirstFirst ... 17 67 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 LastLast