Page 107 of 115 FirstFirst ... 7 57 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,605 of 1713

Thread: boom! Mobile

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (both gens)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Only the "unlimited" plans show 5G on their site.
    Yeah that's what I saw, was hoping Jeff or someone could chime in and say for sure as I'm getting a 5G phone tomorrow

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by voidleaf View Post
    Yeah that's what I saw, was hoping Jeff or someone could chime in and say for sure as I'm getting a 5G phone tomorrow
    If the new iPhone supports mmWave 5G on the model I would buy, I would consider upgrading this fall. I'm currently on the 5GB/month annual plan, so probably not supported but you are hoping to learn for sure. Otherwise I may upgrade to a higher plan next spring.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. Not yet signed up for 5G.

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Yes, after activation you will need to chat with us to move your device to a 5G plan.

If you could send us a ticket with your IMEI we can precheck compatibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome rate plans @ www.boom.us
    To request support please visit support.boom.us and open a ticket.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesB View Post
    Yes, after activation you will need to chat with us to move your device to a 5G plan.

If you could send us a ticket with your IMEI we can precheck compatibility.

I’m actually already active but I’m waiting on a new SIM card to come as I’m currently on eSIM. But for some reason USPS decided to try to deliver it 1300 miles away.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    A bit disappointed in Boom CS today. Almost 2 weeks ago I ordered a new SIM card so that I could do 2 things (swap the phone number and use it in a different phone as I was on eSIM on a device I was getting rid of.) Got shipping confirmation on the 4th and was ETA to arrive on the 8th. On the 8th it was attempted delivery by USPS over 1300 miles away from my home. I figure USPS would figure it out and put it back into their system to get to me, but it has remained in the same "delivery attempt failed" message since the 8th. I reached out to CS today and, after 20 minutes of waiting, get back "we shipped it to this address, contact the post office on your own". Frankly Boom has absurd shipping prices for a SIM that could easily go in a letter with tracking for less than half the cost.

Coming from working in shipping it is on the business to contact the shipper as they are the one that the shipper has a business relationship with. A end consumer contacting them will cause a cursory evaluation and result in "contact the shipper to initiate a claim."

Now I'm left with dealing with CS again and hoping for a more competent person, or contacting USPS and expecting something that I know won't happen. And without a usable plan because I had to get rid of my phone with the eSIM last week as it had been traded in, so now I can't use the service either.

Feedback Score
    Charles or Jeff, I have an issue I wanted to reach out to you about because your support guy wasn't able to take care of the problem even after he said he thought he did. (Not fussing at him, he was very polite and helpful during the chat session.)

I am on Boom Blue, moved over from Boom Red a couple of months ago. I cannot access my data usage total on the website. (If that's not possible with Boom Blue, OK, but I've seen other Boom Blue folks in this thread talk about accessing their usage online.)

I get this error message when I try: "Error: Check Usage Request Failed, MDN and PIN combination not found on Boom! Mobile. Subscription not found."

The support agent told me this: "You were on the wrong plan on the back end of the network and that has been corrected."

Can you tell me what's going on/help? Thanks!

Device(s)
    All of them
    Carrier(s)
    BOOM! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PRW94 View Post
    Charles or Jeff, I have an issue I wanted to reach out to you about because your support guy wasn't able to take care of the problem even after he said he thought he did. (Not fussing at him, he was very polite and helpful during the chat session.)

I am on Boom Blue, moved over from Boom Red a couple of months ago. I cannot access my data usage total on the website. (If that's not possible with Boom Blue, OK, but I've seen other Boom Blue folks in this thread talk about accessing their usage online.)

I get this error message when I try: "Error: Check Usage Request Failed, MDN and PIN combination not found on Boom! Mobile. Subscription not found."

The support agent told me this: "You were on the wrong plan on the back end of the network and that has been corrected."

Can you tell me what's going on/help? Thanks!
    PM your MDN please.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesB View Post
    PM your MDN please.

Done ... thanks!

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I've had the same problem. Something is confused, and the checker still thinks you are Boom Red.
    In different spots, Boom still thinks I have Boom Red, then on the actual data checker, it knows I'm on Boom Blue. The plan history is interesting, with both Boom Red and Boom Blue for the same months. A month or so ago I noticed that they were both counting against my 12 months, so I would have ended in October instead of next March.

It currently looks like the last Boom Red is October for me, so maybe by then it will clear up for me and stop showing Boom Red.

Changing carriers seem to be an issue. Speculation, taking care to not somehow lose the number makes it difficult to update the account fully.

I have a backup line (another carrier) on a real cheap plan that Boom doesn't compete against ($60/year). Since I want it to be on the other carrier, when I switched to Boom Blue for my everyday phone, I switched the other phone to Verizon. I lost the rest of the year with them. But only $40 worth.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    I'm currently with Straight Talk on the AT&T network, but am considering a switch to something else. Besides the uncertain future of America Movil at this point, I'm having Wi-Fi Calling problems...although I'm fortunate enough to have a AT&T-network Tracfone SIM with WFC provisioned and working on it, I've been futilely banging my head against the wall for the past few days trying to get MMS to work while using WFC, and I now have reason to believe that this isn't working not because of a problem with my phone, but rather because AT&T may be blocking MMS traffic (whether intentionally or unintentionally, not clear) over WFC for their MVNOs (or at least for Tracfone ones).

I need to stay with AT&T, and there's no doubt that of all the MVNOs, Boom! has the most attractive AT&T-based plans strictly from a features perspective, since accounts are getting provisioned on the postpaid system. Pricing-wise, though, Boom! Blue has always struck me as being a bit on the high side. I don't need unlimited, but with the highest limited data plan being 7GB for a whopping $50/mo, I've never spent more than 2 minutes on the Boom! site before closing the browser tab...

This relatively new Xtreme plan, though, has me re-thinking this. I rarely use more than 5GB/mo, which has allowed me to step down to the $35/mo Straight Talk plan (which went from 3 to 5GB a few months ago) from the $45 one, and for specific months where I anticipate I'll need more than that, I'll go back to the $45 one again. I have never liked the idea of pre-paying for large chunks of time, and never have done so while on ST, but $240/annually for AT&T postpaid network access and 5GB/mo seems like too good of a deal to pass up...

So, naturally, I have a few questions:

1. Most months, I'm using 4-5GB. So occasionally I *will* have a month where I need > 5GB, even if only by a little. It is unclear from past responses to this thread, and the web site doesn't speak to this, either: can you do monthly data top-ups on the Xtreme plan or not?

2. The Xtreme plan says it is "for new numbers or port-ins only". I take this to mean that if you are already a Boom! customer on some other plan, you can't switch to Xtreme, making it more of a limited-time promotional offer. This also raises the question: if, at the end of 12 months on Xtreme, Boom! is still offering this plan, can I as an existing customer NOT renew for another 12 months on Xtreme??

3. One nice thing I have seemingly discovered about ATT MVNO accounts that are treated as proper MVNO accounts (rather than being on the postpaid network) is that they don't seem to be subject to the rumored "IMEI network sweeps", where at least on postpaid, AT&T will supposedly check at intervals to see if the IMEI of the phone that your SIM is in matches what they have on record, and if it doesn't, they'll update their side and then re-provision services based on that new IMEI automatically. NOT being subject to this has allowed me (with a little bit of elbow-grease applied to the software side of my phone) to use my Straight Talk AT&T SIM in non-whitelisted, unlocked phones while RETAINING services like VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling on my account.

With that as a background, this is a two-fold question:

3a. Should I expect that with a Boom! Blue SIM, moving the SIM from one phone to another might cause me to lose certain services if AT&T decides that particular phone model either doesn't support them or shouldn't be allowed to have them?

3b. If I choose to use my SIM in a phone that AT&T normally wouldn't provision VoLTE and/or Wi-Fi Calling on, but that I know I *could* make it work on that phone if only those services were enabled on my account on the network side, can Boom! personnel go in and override the provisioning for those services for me?

4. Does Boom! Blue support conditional call-fowarding, and if so, can the CCF be enabled/disabled and the forwarding number changed from my phone, or do I have to talk to customer service to make changes to CCF on the network side?

5. Does MMS send/receive work over Wi-Fi Calling on Boom! Blue?

I do see the generous Free Trial offer, and will likely take Boom! up on this to test out #s 3, 4, and 5. Still, some unambiguous answers to these would be appreciated, and of course a trial kit won't answer questions 1 or 2.

Thanks!!

Feedback Score
    Tried calling for support tonight. The recording says normal business hours are M-F from 8 am to 8 pm CST. I tried calling Friday at 5:15 CST and it said I was calling outside of normal business hours. Grrr!! Frustrating! What's up with that?

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=NathanA;17149680

3. One nice thing I have seemingly discovered about ATT MVNO accounts that are treated as proper MVNO accounts (rather than being on the postpaid network) is that they don't seem to be subject to the rumored "IMEI network sweeps", where at least on postpaid, AT&T will supposedly check at intervals to see if the IMEI of the phone that your SIM is in matches what they have on record, and if it doesn't, they'll update their side and then re-provision services based on that new IMEI automatically. NOT being subject to this has allowed me (with a little bit of elbow-grease applied to the software side of my phone) to use my Straight Talk AT&T SIM in non-whitelisted, unlocked phones while RETAINING services like VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling on my account.

[/QUOTE]

I can't answer all your questions, but....I can say that shortly after I switched my SIM to a new phone, my account was updated with the new IMEI and brand/model. Also, I was getting VoLTE which I wasn't getting on my old device.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnypackerfan View Post
    I can't answer all your questions, but....I can say that shortly after I switched my SIM to a new phone, my account was updated with the new IMEI and brand/model. Also, I was getting VoLTE which I wasn't getting on my old device.
    Yeah...frustratingly, almost right after I posted in this thread, I found that my TF/Straight Talk SIM with previously-working VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling has since had both features removed from it on the network side (tried sticking it into an iPhone to confirm, and calls now fall back to 3G, WFC never establishes, and E911 address for WFC can no longer be updated).

This surprised me for a couple of reasons:

1) I had a second ST ATT account/SIM established as a test before wasting time trying to get TF to activate these features on my main account (or risk putting my main phone# in jeopardy if this proved to be a fool's errand). That SIM retained VoLTE and WFC for the full 30 days, even though I had it in a non-ATT-whitelisted phone for virtually the entire time. Thus I thought I was "safe".

2) After finally getting my main number onto a new ST ATT SIM where both features were confirmed working after the (2nd) move, I used that SIM in a non-whitelisted phone for like 2+ weeks without any incident.

This in contrast to most anecdotes I read about ATT postpaid, where moving the SIM to another phone usually results in the IMEI-on-file changing and service re-provisioning occurring within a matter of hours or even minutes after the move.

I tried leaving my ST SIM in the iPhone for a while, and neither VoLTE or WFC returned (even after texting APN to 611611 which on TF is *rumored* to trigger IMEI reset with the carrier network), and the "humans" I've talked to over at TF HQ in the past basically are powerless to do anything, so I give up. I suppose I could waste a bunch of additional time on top of the weeks I've already sunk into this trying to get yet another TF SIM and moving my number to that for a 3rd time in hopes the features will be re-activated, but at this point I think I'm done, especially now that it's clear that those features *can* disappear at some point if you use the SIM in an "unsupported" phone.

So pissed at ATT (and, indeed, the whole mobile industry) right now...this whole whitelisting thing, + all of the hoops you have to jump through to make these features work in a phone, is all garbage. (Just give me a place in the phone settings to manually add the IMS APN and ePDG host info, for crying out loud...)

I see from past responses that Boom! can apparently ask AT&T to force-enable VoLTE and WFC on an account, and though it's not guaranteed to work (with something like a "50% chance" of success?), at this point based on the positive comments I see here about Boom! customer service, I think giving them a shot is likely my best chance at this juncture. I have ordered one of their "450 units" for 30 days free trial kit, and will give that a spin...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score
    Update on my missing SIM. USPS came back and said that they can't find it and to contact shipper (as expected.) Boom CS the second time didn't even mess around, they just offered to send out a new one. It got delayed (again) and I finally got it yesterday. Pulled it out today and was on chat with CS to change the ICCID and port in a new number, but then I noticed that I was sent a standard SIM that was not cut for nano which I need. So now I have to wait for yet another SIM to be mailed and hopefully it doesn't get lost or is wrong again...

Feedback Score
    Update on my missing SIM. USPS came back and said that they can't find it and to contact shipper (as expected.) Boom CS the second time didn't even mess around, they just offered to send out a new one. It got delayed (again) and I finally got it yesterday. Pulled it out today and was on chat with CS to change the ICCID and port in a new number, but then I noticed that I was sent a standard SIM that was not cut for nano which I need. So now I have to wait for yet another SIM to be mailed and hopefully it doesn't get lost or is wrong again...
    Wow! You've been through the ringer with this process! I find it hard to believe that companies would even still send out "a standard SIM that was not cut for nano"!

Page 107 of 115 FirstFirst ... 7 57 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast