Page 108 of 115 FirstFirst ... 8 58 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1713

Thread: boom! Mobile

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (both gens)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score

boom! Mobile

Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    Wow! You've been through the ringer with this process! I find it hard to believe that companies would even still send out "a standard SIM that was not cut for nano"!
    I was surprised too, but that’s what I got. I didn’t know they even existed anymore.

Edit: the SIM that got attempted in MS apparently finally moved from there on Monday (after being there since the 8th). I’m going to laugh if it’s a standard as well. The new one shipped yesterday and should be here Friday but knowing usps it’ll be next week at the earliest.

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max, iPhone SE (both gens)
    Carrier(s)
    ATT, T-Mobile, Visible
    Feedback Score

No tricut

Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

Feedback Score
    That's a micro sim. Standard sims are significantly larger. Still, micros are becoming rarer.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanA View Post

1. Most months, I'm using 4-5GB. So occasionally I *will* have a month where I need > 5GB, even if only by a little. It is unclear from past responses to this thread, and the web site doesn't speak to this, either: can you do monthly data top-ups on the Xtreme plan or not?
    I looked to see if I could add data, and it did not allow that. It shows a 20GB bucket, so I don't know if that option would appear after using 5GB as I have never used that much. Radec used over 5 and didn't experience a speed reduction.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnypackerfan View Post
    I looked to see if I could add data, and it did not allow that. It shows a 20GB bucket, so I don't know if that option would appear after using 5GB as I have never used that much. Radec used over 5 and didn't experience a speed reduction.
    I started a chat with them today, but got pulled away while waiting for a response so didn't get to follow up...

Was told that top-ups on Xtreme are only supported with RED (Verizon).

*sigh* And this just further embodies why I hate the mobile industry.

Why wouldn't they also allow them on BLUE? Don't they like money? I'm telling them that I'm willing to pay extra if/when my needs grow.

Committing to a year of service with a company you've never done business with is already a big enough ask...apparently you also expect that your customer's needs will never change or vary at all over the course of that whole year?

Feedback Score
    Red Pocket has changed their $240 annual plan to 7GB per 30 day period. Will boom! be doing the same? Or....better?

Sent from my moto g power using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Does Boom Blue have deprioritized data? All the VZ mvno's I've tried (including visible) deprioritized data in my area is basically useless.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sevillelady View Post
    Does Boom Blue have deprioritized data? All the VZ mvno's I've tried (including visible) deprioritized data in my area is basically useless.
    It is supposed to be postpaid priority. Location location location is important, but Blue works much better for me in Oklahoma than Red did.
    iPhone 12 Pro is my current primary phone. Not yet signed up for 5G.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cnypackerfan View Post
    I may be finding out myself. My phone says I've used 4.4GB since my last clearing, which I think I did about 9/16 when my last month finished up. My usage has gone up considerably now that I'm back to work at the office.

Unfortunately, the online web page doesn't allow me to see the usage again. Ever since I switched from Red to Blue a few months into my annual plan, the usage page has been broken. A trouble ticket may fix it, then it may break again when the next month starts over (since it wants to access the Red account, not the real Blue account I'm now on).

I'll probably switch to the "unlimited" $500 plan when I renew, and this time stay on Blue, not thinking the grass is greener on the Red side.

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    I may be finding out myself. My phone says I've used 4.4GB since my last clearing, [...]

I'll probably switch to the "unlimited" $500 plan when I renew,
    I have a ticket open with them myself (since yesterday...no response yet) to try to get answers on what my options would be if I go with Xtreme and find the 5GB/mo limit ends up being too little for my needs. It seems absolutely insane to me that there would be no way to upgrade mid-year.

How many months left do you have on your Xtreme plan?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanA View Post
    I have a ticket open with them myself (since yesterday...no response yet) to try to get answers on what my options would be if I go with Xtreme and find the 5GB/mo limit ends up being too little for my needs. It seems absolutely insane to me that there would be no way to upgrade mid-year.

How many months left do you have on your Xtreme plan?
    February. I’ve already saved money compared to where I was. I need to use my iPad a little more. Unlimited there. Just not as convenient

Device(s)
    Nexus 4
    Carrier(s)
    StraightTalk
    Feedback Score
    February.
    Yikes. See, as attractive as the Xtreme deal is, this is exactly the position I'd like to not be in: not enough data per month, with zero options as far as top-ups go, and being stuck in that position for 6+ months. But I definitely don't need unlimited, and Boom's non-unlimited Blue plans (Xtreme excepted) are not good deals.

Some parts of Boom's web site seem to hint at the fact that last-month unused data rollover is a thing on Blue. Which would make sense, since AT&T offers this on both postpaid *and* prepaid. If this also holds true on Xtreme, this could address my dilemma (though unfortunately if it works the same way as on AT&T, the rollover data bucket from last month is not drawn from until the current month's data is depleted). However, the Xtreme product page mentions nothing about rollover data either way.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I'm reading that, with the new plans ATT has, that data rollover may be a thing of the past.

One feature I wish Boom offered on the individual lines is support for the Apple Watch cellular. Boom only offers it on the shared plans, which are expensive for my use case.

Feedback Score
    I'm reading that, with the new plans ATT has, that data rollover may be a thing of the past.

One feature I wish Boom offered on the individual lines is support for the Apple Watch cellular. Boom only offers it on the shared plans, which are expensive for my use case.
    The AT&T Prepaid plans with limited LTE data all show rollover still.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    The AT&T Prepaid plans with limited LTE data all show rollover still.
    Should have caveats new postpaid plan

Page 108 of 115 FirstFirst ... 8 58 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 LastLast