Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,365 of 1408

Thread: boom! Mobile

  1. #1351
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    3,198
    Device(s)
    Tin cans and a string
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Jeff I think you know the answer already. The format is redpocket's brand. Changing just the name on it is poor practice and unprofessional. Not to mention misleading. Between the feedback and plagiarism, ebay was right to shut it down. If you can't play by the rules, get out.

  2. #1352
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    413
    Carrier(s)
    boom! Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GPz1100 View Post
    Jeff I think you know the answer already. The format is redpocket's brand. Changing just the name on it is poor practice and unprofessional. Not to mention misleading. Between the feedback and plagiarism, ebay was right to shut it down. If you can't play by the rules, get out.
    I’m with you and it’s getting corrected. I will say legally the brand is what is Trademarked. The logo is the logo but words and formats have to be trademarked with font type and color.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #1353
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    78
    Feedback Score
    0
    I'm considering getting a Boom trial kit, but my current plan elsewhere won't run out for a while. I'd like to wait until closer to my plan end to try it, or possibly port my number over for the trial.
    Does anyone know if there is an expiration date for activating the trial SIMs? (I'm looking at AT&T or Verizon, if that makes a difference.)

  4. #1354
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Charleston, sc
    Posts
    278
    Device(s)
    Samsung S7
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Question about "factory unlocked" vs "network unlocked" phones on Ebay...

    I'm a long time Boom subscriber on the Verizon network. I want to upgrade my Samsung S7 to an S10e and see phones within my reach on Ebay that are listed as new-open box. Some say they are Factory unlocked and some are network unlocked. Will both work the same way on Boom? Will either have features missing/included that the other wouldn't? I'd be happy to lose all of the carrier specific bloatware but don't want to lose the visual voicemail feature. Visual Voicemail has actually never worked properly on my S7 but I'm hoping it will on a newer model.

  5. #1355
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,136
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by John-Charleston View Post
    Question about "factory unlocked" vs "network unlocked" phones on Ebay... I'm a long time Boom subscriber on the Verizon network. I want to upgrade my Samsung S7 to an S10e and see phones within my reach on Ebay that are listed as new-open box. Some say they are Factory unlocked and some are network unlocked. Will both work the same way on Boom? Will either have features missing/included that the other wouldn't? I'd be happy to lose all of the carrier specific bloatware but don't want to lose the visual voicemail feature. Visual Voicemail has actually never worked properly on my S7 but I'm hoping it will on a newer model.
    "Network Unlocked :- Most of the mobiles bought on a contract from a particular network provider are called network Locked. That means the phone can only receive signals from one network only. If you insert a sim card from a different network, the device will ask for an unlock code, or will show the message that this sim card doesn't work." Factory Unlocked:- Factory Unlocked means that the phone isn't attached to any cell phone service and can be used with any service that uses a SIM card

  6. #1356
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Charleston, sc
    Posts
    278
    Device(s)
    Samsung S7
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by october262 View Post
    "Network Unlocked :- Most of the mobiles bought on a contract from a particular network provider are called network Locked. That means the phone can only receive signals from one network only. If you insert a sim card from a different network, the device will ask for an unlock code, or will show the message that this sim card doesn't work." Factory Unlocked:- Factory Unlocked means that the phone isn't attached to any cell phone service and can be used with any service that uses a SIM card
    Thanks, and does that affect something like whether visual voicemail will work on the phone? Isn't vv a Verizon thing (rather than Samsung)?

  7. #1357
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,481
    Feedback Score
    0
    John-Charleston, be very careful about putting a Vzw phone on boom! Mobile. Start reading this thread at https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...5#post17120055 to see the issues customers have faced using the boom! Vzw network with a Vzw phone.

    Despite multiple requests in this thread to clarify how that issue was resolved, boom! Mobile reps have not answered, at least as far as I've seen.

  8. #1358
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,136
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by John-Charleston View Post
    Thanks, and does that affect something like whether visual voicemail will work on the phone? Isn't vv a Verizon thing (rather than Samsung)?
    it shows that it works on boom red and on an android phone - https://support.boom.us/070466-How-t...ual-Voicemail- but it doesn't say weather the phone needs to be unlocked or not.

  9. #1359
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Charleston, sc
    Posts
    278
    Device(s)
    Samsung S7
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boz1 View Post
    John-Charleston, be very careful about putting a Vzw phone on boom! Mobile. Start reading this thread at https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...5#post17120055 to see the issues customers have faced using the boom! Vzw network with a Vzw phone.

    Despite multiple requests in this thread to clarify how that issue was resolved, boom! Mobile reps have not answered, at least as far as I've seen.
    Thanks! I made it through 30 posts and figured no one has quite understood the problem yet. I currently have a Verizon branded phone that I bought as a refurb via ebay. I've never been charged more than the $29.99 bill. I also have another Verizon branded S7 that I had broken the screen on. That one was also an Ebay refurb. I keep it charged in my car as a backup. Sometime in early 2019 I had an occasion to switch the sim into that earlier S7, I can't remember just when. Then in May of 2019 I got this email from Boom:

    Hi John,


    Unfortunately, The device 86892002134107 you are currently using with boom is not compatible with boom red -Verizon.
    I did want to inform you that your service can be suspended by Verizon for using this type of non-compatible device. We do not get any warning when the devices get suspended.

    We will also not be able to do any troubleshooting if you run into account issues. If you go over your data limit your account will immediately be suspended as well. If your line does get suspended we will not be able to Restore your services at all until you provide a Compatible IMEI number.

    Verizon systems suspend invalid devices daily and your account could get suspended without notice.

    Thank you,

    Sincerely,
    Sarah
    boom! MOBILE Support Manager


    I called Boom and (as best I can remember) we figured out that when I put the sim into the older S7, it somehow associated the sim with that phone and when I switched back to the newer S7, it didn't recognize the switch. The Boom rep did something on her end and I restarted the phone and all was good. I never really understood just how it works but the phone still works as before. My visual voicemail (is that the same as VoLTE?) has always been a little quirky. My phone doesn't always alert me that I have vm so when I get a call, I sometimes have to open the vm app and check. When it does tell me I have a vm and I tap on the alert, it will open the vm app but I usually (but not always) have to manually refresh the app to get the vm to show up.

    These are all issues I'm hoping to leave behind when I upgrade. What I gather from reading those 30 threads, is that I should buy a factory unlocked phone that is not associated with Verizon but even that won't guarantee that I won't have a problem.

    I appreciate the time you took to alert me to this. I seem to get the best reception with Verizon and I like Boom but I'm not married to either.

  10. #1360
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Charleston, sc
    Posts
    278
    Device(s)
    Samsung S7
    Carrier(s)
    Boom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Thinking about it all, I'm remembering that the current S7 that I'm using also doesn't have the latest update. When I try to update it, it says "your Samsung SM-G930V is up to date. No update is necessary at this time." The Android ver I have is 7.0 while my GF, who also had an S7, was updated to 7.1. (she now has an S9 and I don't know the android ver) The "android security patch" on my phone is dated July 1, 2017. I'm wondering about all of that and also why the older S7 would become incompatible with Boom red -Verizon.

  11. #1361
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,136
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by John-Charleston View Post
    Thinking about it all, I'm remembering that the current S7 that I'm using also doesn't have the latest update. When I try to update it, it says "your Samsung SM-G930V is up to date. No update is necessary at this time." The Android ver I have is 7.0 while my GF, who also had an S7, was updated to 7.1. (she now has an S9 and I don't know the android ver) The "android security patch" on my phone is dated July 1, 2017. I'm wondering about all of that and also why the older S7 would become incompatible with Boom red -Verizon.
    there is a software update for your phone - https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...axy-s7-update/ make sure that you are connected to a WIFI connection for the update to go through. or try using the software upgrade assistant tool - https://www.verizonwireless.com/supp...ge-base-80200/

  12. #1362
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    BFE
    Posts
    8,545
    Device(s)
    LG G2, Moto G5+, Moto E4, (Droid Mini, GS3, Droid4, L41C, Droid3, S390G, LG500G, T404G, T301G, V170)
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless (Verizon, Red Pocket, Tracfone)
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by John-Charleston View Post
    I'm wondering about all of that and also why the older S7 would become incompatible with Boom red -Verizon.
    The old IMEI was not activated with VoLTE. Probably wasn't an option then.

    Are you sure you changed the IMEI on your account when you moved to the new phone? As in contacted Boom to make the change.

    My guess is you just SIM swapped, so the new IMEI was never activated. When you called that is what they did.


    As for Verizon GS10e or unlocked, there should be no difference in functionality.

  13. #1363
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,481
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by John-Charleston View Post
    Thinking about it all, I'm remembering that the current S7 that I'm using also doesn't have the latest update. When I try to update it, it says "your Samsung SM-G930V is up to date. No update is necessary at this time." The Android ver I have is 7.0 while my GF, who also had an S7, was updated to 7.1. (she now has an S9 and I don't know the android ver) The "android security patch" on my phone is dated July 1, 2017. I'm wondering about all of that and also why the older S7 would become incompatible with Boom red -Verizon.
    Most or all Samsung phones won't OTA update if they are carrier branded unless they have a proper carrier SIM installed. In this case, you would need a Vzw or Vzw Prepaid SIM card. Reports have been mixed about whether or not the SIM card needs to be active in order to get the update, but in my experience, it has to be active.

    As an aside, this is NOT true for Motorola branded phones, which have always gotten OTA updates, no matter what.

  14. #1364
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    1,502
    Feedback Score
    0
    Just wanted to give some feedback. I recommended the annual plan to a friend. They bought it through amazon, and the description said "Activation code (received via email after purchase)" but they never got an email activation code (they checked their spam folder). They did get some kind of code along with the sim card that was shipped, but he said when he tried to use it, it said invalid code or email. He tried setting things up through https://activate.boom.us/
    ps. it looks like the boom mobile service sold on amazon is from Blue Beat Digital, I wonder will there be an issue for boom looking up the actual sale/order number (if that is necessary)?

  15. #1365
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    13,481
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Qt0 View Post
    Just wanted to give some feedback. I recommended the annual plan to a friend. They bought it through amazon, and the description said "Activation code (received via email after purchase)" but they never got an email activation code (they checked their spam folder). They did get some kind of code along with the sim card that was shipped, but he said when he tried to use it, it said invalid code or email. He tried setting things up through https://activate.boom.us/
    ps. it looks like the boom mobile service sold on amazon is from Blue Beat Digital, I wonder will there be an issue for boom looking up the actual sale/order number (if that is necessary)?
    Blue Beat Digital, the Amazon seller of boom! Mobile plans, only has a 92% positive (as of right now) rating on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/sp?_encoding=...b=&vasStoreID=

Page 91 of 94 FirstFirst ... 41 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-19-2008, 05:08 PM
  2. Mobile Phone Demand Booming!
    By KBAM in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-12-2004, 01:44 AM
  3. Alltel V60C on Bell Mobility Possible??
    By dgorecki in forum Motorola
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-11-2001, 11:44 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-19-2001, 02:16 PM

Bookmarks