Thread: Telus iPhone7 plans are poor

Feedback Score

Telus iPhone7 plans are poor

I'm in SK. I want to stay with Telus because the service has been fairly decent and we have 3 $50-60 plans which share data (total 11GB).

But checking in this morning - the iPhone7 pre-order situation with Telus is terrible. For subsidy, You can only sign up with 'Your Choice" plans, which are all much more expensive (over $100 for equivalent of what I have now at $60). Cannot use promo plans ($60-70). Cannot renew my same plan.

In contrast, can get iPhone 7 subsidy with $65 (5GB) or $75 (10GB) plans with Bell, Sasktel and Rogers.

This was surprising as usually they are all very close. Is it likely Telus will match competitors after a few months, realizing they are way off? I would prefer not to change, as it is a hassle.

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Poweruser (15+ lines)
    Feedback Score
    Call in and speak to L&R.
    Telus Client for over 13 years - My Plans:

$25/month + SAF/911/tax
    250 Daytime Mins // Unlimited Incoming // Unlimited E&W @ 6 pm // Unlimited Telus to Telus Nationwide // Unlimited Text Messaging // Business Bundle 10 // 100 Long Distance Mins

$57/month + SAF/911/tax
    1350 Daytime Mins // Unlimited Incoming // Unlimited E&W @ 5 pm // Unlimited Telus to Telus Nationwide // Unlimited Text Messaging // Business Bundle 10 // Corp 15

Device(s)
    Essential PH-1 / Apple iPhone X
    Feedback Score
    I don't think Telus will stand alone at the 'top' on this, either they'll drop, or the others will rise. Should shake out soon. Telus is treating SK to a sample of what all of the majors feed most of the country every day

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HellfireX View Post
    Call in and speak to L&R.
    Gave it a try, no luck. Only your choice plans for data sharing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by turbogeek View Post
    I don't think Telus will stand alone at the 'top' on this, either they'll drop, or the others will rise. Should shake out soon. Telus is treating SK to a sample of what all of the majors feed most of the country every day
    I hear ya, we are lucky to still have Sasktel. They even make money most of the time.

But ya that was my thought as well. Normally the 3 tend to mimic each other in some way. I'm assuming changes by Christmas.

Feedback Score
    Why don't you go to SaskTel and stop giving your money to these crooks? They don't even care about customer loyalty. The more customers they get, the more courage they will have to increase the prices, and you will forever say goodbye to special SK plans.

Feedback Score
    Due to the tower sharing agreement you'll get the same coverage with Sasktel anyways... so..

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    In noticed that as well. I haven't called L&R to see if they'd do anything but I suspect not based on your experience.

I don't want to switch to Bell as their customer service is horrid. I've had them for satellite in the past and we cancelled because of how bad it was. Billing errors that took 3-6 months to resolve, agents that couldn't get it right when adding features. I contacted them a couple months ago as I was considering switching and their agents were as clueless as ever and my online chat was terrible and not helpful.

I don't want to switch to SaskTel because they don't offer shared data which we really need.

Ugh.

Device(s)
    BB Storm 9530
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Poweruser (15+ lines)
    Feedback Score
    5 GB of data isn't enough?

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score

Telus iPhone7 plans are poor

Are you asking me? If so, sometimes it's not. When we travel, the little kids use netflix and on a 11 hour drive we can end up going over that. We don't need it all the time but sure has been nice when we do. Not to mention we average out to $57 a month each and not $65. not sure I'd want to pay for 5GB each on a regular basis when we don't need that regularly. That's $40 more per month.
    Last edited by silverescape; 09-19-2016 at 09:49 AM.

Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    5GB is very little these days. I'm currently shopping for a new plan.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
    500 MINS Anytime
    Early Evenings @5PM
    Free Weekends
    FAB10
    VM3, CID, Unlimited SMS
    5GB Data

$55 + Tax