Thread: Will Cricket unlock an iPhone 5S when I receive it, if I contact them?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

Will Cricket unlock an iPhone 5S when I receive it, if I contact them?

Will Cricket unlock an iPhone 5S that I ordered from them when I receive it? I know that their terms state that you either need to have service for 6 months, or that you have to be on their unlimited plan. I just opened 2 lines and I am waiting for the iPhone 5S to open a third line. I will be spending $130.00 per month across the 3 lines. Do you think that they would unlock it if I asked, even though I don't an unlimited plan on any of the lines? I am cheap and don't want to spend an extra $20.00 to get the unlimited plan on the line that will get the iPhone 5S.

I just ported 2 Sprint SERO Premium 500 lines. These had iPhone 6 devices on them, so I just asked Sprint to unlock them and put the 2 phones on Cricket within a few hours. I have the LG Volt on the Boost line, so I had to order a new phone for that one. I ordered it directly from the Cricket website and already set the line up. I just need to activate it when the phone gets here. I have 2 5GB lines with international calling and 1 2.5GB line.

Thanks for any help and/or suggestions.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Cricket will only unlock a device after one of the two requirements you mentioned are met. Period.

However, you can simply put the iPhone 5s on the unlimited plan, contact Cricket to unlock it and then immediately downgrade to whatever plan you want (Cricket will prorate).

Also, many have had success unlocking iPhones from Cricket by visiting the ATT device unlock request page.

https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

DO NOT turn on or put any SIM card into the iPhone before you send in the request.

Feedback Score
    Upgrade plan to unlimited, call to get unlocked. After they unlock downgrade plan to the cheaper plan. You get the credit. So you will not lose anything.

Feedback Score
    Try doing it via ATT web site. Worked for me on an unactivated Cricket 5S.

Feedback Score
    All three of our activated Cricket 5s's were unlocked using AT&Ts unlock service.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thank you all so much!

I will go to the AT&T page before I turn on the iPhone 5S. About how long does it take for the phone to be unlocked?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TazExprez View Post
    Thank you all so much!

I will go to the AT&T page before I turn on the iPhone 5S. About how long does it take for the phone to be unlocked?
    "If your request meets the requirements and conditions, we’ll send you instructions for unlocking your device within 2 business days after we receive your request."

Device(s)
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nikful View Post
    All three of our activated Cricket 5s's were unlocked using AT&Ts unlock service.
    Please explain.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Please explain.
    https://www.att.com/deviceunlock/#/

Say 'no' to "Are you an ATT wireless customer?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blacksurfer View Post
    Please explain.
    We bought three new iPhone 5s's from Crickets website. All were activated and used for several weeks.
    I saw a posting here about activating a Cricket iPhone through AT&T's unlocking service.
    Tried it on mine first and it worked. Did the other two several days later. Followed AT&T instructions instructions exactly. Backed up phone on iTunes then restored as new then restored backups. Don't know if it still works but it's worth a try.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S, iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nikful View Post
    We bought three new iPhone 5s's from Crickets website. All were activated and used for several weeks.
    I saw a posting here about activating a Cricket iPhone through AT&T's unlocking service.
    Tried it on mine first and it worked. Did the other two several days later. Followed AT&T instructions instructions exactly. Backed up phone on iTunes then restored as new then restored backups. Don't know if it still works but it's worth a try.
    +10!

They approved my second request this morning! It took about 30 hours.

The first request I made was not approved. I made this request while the phone was still inside the box and not yet activated.

I made the second request after the phone was activated and connected to the network. Now I just have to restore it or use a SIM card from another network.

Thank you all so much!

Device(s)
    iPhone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is the key. It must be activated and connected to the network. AT&T also rejected my first request "because the IMEI number provided doesn't match a device that's currently on the AT&T network" when the phone was still sealed in the box.

I'll give it another try when I take it out of the box.

Thanks to all.

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Feedback Score
    I guess it varies. I and many others successfully unlocked iPhones from Cricket before they were ever activated and still new in the box.