Thread: Help Signing Up...

Feedback Score

Help Signing Up...

I see people in Ontario (Ottawa to be specific) have subscribed to Videotron plans -- I would like to do the same but do not have a sales kiosk nearby, can someone help or do it online?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Anyone, called Videotron and while they can sign you up they cannot mail a SIM card outside their coverage area in Ottawa? Looking to get their Canada/US Roaming Plan with BYOD discount...

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7Edge
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, call the 1800 number and they can set you up in 10 minutes. Did that on Monday BUT I am in Ottawa. Interestingly enough, I got the impression that the CSR would have been able to set me up even if I was in TO, but with a 819 number. - he made a comment to that tune.
    I didn't ask details as I will port my number anyways.
    Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most. [Mark Twain]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ipse View Post
    Yeah, call the 1800 number and they can set you up in 10 minutes. Did that on Monday BUT I am in Ottawa. Interestingly enough, I got the impression that the CSR would have been able to set me up even if I was in TO, but with a 819 number. - he made a comment to that tune.
    I didn't ask details as I will port my number anyways.
    Tried the same but they will not mail the SIM card to anywhere but an address in their coverage area...so you have to physically be there in order to get a SIM card.

The second step would be to then port in the 647/416 number which I have heard people have been able to do successfully.

If someone is willing to set up a 5GB BYOD North America Plan for me, transfer the responsibility and then assist me to the extent needed to port in my 416# I am willing to pay $100 for this service, to to mention a lot of sincere gratitude!

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    Do read the fine print about how much you can use the phone on their partner networks (i.e. Outside of their own coverage). I think if more than 50% of your usage is outside of their network for 2 consecutive months, then they cut you off for a month, or something to that effect.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

6GB Canada Wide Plan with unlimited Canada wide calling:
    = $66 - $10 credit for having 3 lines.

Feedback Score
    What you are referring to only applies to their partner 2 network (Bell/Telus).

The Partner 1 network (Rogers) can be used 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoryuken_2020 View Post
    Do read the fine print about how much you can use the phone on their partner networks (i.e. Outside of their own coverage). I think if more than 50% of your usage is outside of their network for 2 consecutive months, then they cut you off for a month, or something to that effect.

Device(s)
    Galaxy S7
    Carrier(s)
    Videotron
    Feedback Score
    Good to know.
    When I asked CSRs, I've gotten different stories. One even told me using the phone in Ottawa
    too often will be a problem (which I know isn't true). Last time I checked, the wording on their website didn't specify that there was a difference either.

Good luck and please do let us know how it works out.

Feedback Score

Help Signing Up...

I would be happy to spend the money and be the trial balloon for this forum if someone could assist with me getting my hands on a SIM card!

They will sign me up over the phone but won't send me a SIM card outside of Ottawa.

Let me know!

P.S. -- read the other thread on this forum "Which partner is which" to further clarify the Roaming issue...

Quote Originally Posted by Shoryuken_2020 View Post
    Good to know.
    When I asked CSRs, I've gotten different stories. One even told me using the phone in Ottawa
    too often will be a problem (which I know isn't true). Last time I checked, the wording on their website didn't specify that there was a difference either.

Good luck and please do let us know how it works out.