Thread: I was wondering when it would happen...

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score

I was wondering when it would happen...

Got a text message a few days ago from Bell advising that my grandfathered $30/6GB data add-on was going up by $10 a month. That sucks. Anyone else get this message? It's still a bargain when you look at their other plans, but still... makes me start to wonder if I can do better somewhere else.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    yeah, I have the increase upcoming as well. It's still competitive, but I am currently shopping offers

Device(s)
    Pixel XL
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Moving from $61 to $71 for 6GB and 100 LD minutes is starting to look a little less appealing these days when Virgin (yeah, yeah, I know it's still Bell) is upping their data with unlimited minutes for less... currently they have 3GB with unlimited minutes (and Canadawide calling) for $65.

I am seriously wondering if I can scale back my data usage... . I like to stream a lot though... LOL

I also have to consider the $4 per month rebate that I get for bundling my mobile with my home phone...

Feedback Score
    This is giving me the reason to move to PC Mobile since they use the Bell. $44 unlimited call and text (-$6 if you BYOD) and then tier data.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Koodoo MB plan is best known option if you're willing to go through the hassle

Feedback Score
    Most Canadian services are a ripoff and telco's are no exception. Sucks we've never had more bandwidth but the tiers keep shrinking. I heard new members are paying $5 / 100 MB overage - it used to be $5 / 250 MB which is already a huge ripoff !!!

Like I want to find the person at Bell / Virgin who sets these data prices and just give them the finger and tell them how they're crippling the country.

In the USA you can get a plan that is literally 4x the data and multi-line for the same price. I wish the CRTC could do something :'(

Feedback Score
    Im currently travelling in Africa. I am paying 90 bucks for 10gb data over 60 day period on a local sim.

The best plan Ive had on my travels so far has been in Sri Lanka, where the 5gb was $10US. Most of asia was pretty cheap.

Device(s)
    AT&T Nokia Lumia 1520 on Bell
    Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Very interesting.

Under My Services it shows as Data is now $40 for 6GB. There was no mention of this on my previous bill (I read all 54 pages of it). I've had no text or email notice from Bell either.

Name:  Data_increase.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  59.4 KB

I was on a 36 month corporate contact, which became a 24 month contract courtesy of the CRTC, and it ended in October 2015.

I get notified when I'm 95% of my data used up or when I have exceeded it, but no notice to the end user about a price change?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cabrinha View Post
    Im currently travelling in Africa. I am paying 90 bucks for 10gb data over 60 day period on a local sim.

The best plan Ive had on my travels so far has been in Sri Lanka, where the 5gb was $10US. Most of asia was pretty cheap.

HOLY **ING SH*T AFRICA IS CHEAPER???? Ugh why are Canadians such a** holes to eachother!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone IVS | 9900 B0ldTouchDizzle
    Carrier(s)
    The one who pays me to use their service
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    ^ lol. contain yourself.
    300 @ 5pm●5K SMS●Auto Roadside●Unlim Inc●1000LD●R2RLD●VP●6Gb LTDizzle+credits = <$36
    34+|0|0 119+|0|0

Factory Unlocked 5White32gb, GNote2x2, 9900 LNIB Retired, GS3 for Mobi
    i7 920 @ 2.67GHz 9Gb DDR3
    My Wireless LD FAQ., READ IT!!!
    The Jawbone I, photo-review
    Maybe it's time to update this....nahhhhh

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spazmogen View Post
    Very interesting.

Under My Services it shows as Data is now $40 for 6GB. There was no mention of this on my previous bill (I read all 54 pages of it). I've had no text or email notice from Bell either.

Name:  Data_increase.jpg
Views: 618
Size:  59.4 KB

I was on a 36 month corporate contact, which became a 24 month contract courtesy of the CRTC, and it ended in October 2015.

I get notified when I'm 95% of my data used up or when I have exceeded it, but no notice to the end user about a price change?
    Your better off with the current corp plan now if you dont mind losing 1gb, but gives you a phone subsidy
    Current Plan
    $50 - T-Bay Unlimited Nationwide Minutes
    6GB
    Call Display/VM/Text