Thread: The Galaxy Note7 is Officially Dead

Carrier(s)
    Just switched to Virgin Mobile
    Feedback Score

Post The Galaxy Note7 is Officially Dead

Name:  exploded-note7.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  84.5 KB

Samsung's strategy of beating Apple to market with their own flagship phablet has now completely, irreversibly and permanently backfired. Early this morning The Wall Street Journal reported that the product has been discontinued altogether.

In Canada and the USA it was the carriers who bore the brunt of Note7 returns during the initial recall, and when it became clear that replacement devices were also faulty it was time to cut their losses—on Sunday AT&T decided to stop selling the Note7, followed soon after by Best Buy, Sprint and Verizon.

For Samsung it's been a disaster on three fronts—manufacturing, sales and PR. A user of a faulty replacement Note7 received a text message from Samsung that was clearly not meant for him:

Just now got this. I can try and slow him down if we think it will matter, or we just let him do what he keeps threatening to do and see if he does it
    All this has at least one mobile industry expert—Tomi Ahonen—to wonder if this is the end of the Note line altogether. According to him, the damage to Samsung's brand will last for at least a year, if not more.

Sources: Android Police (1), (2), Communities Dominate Brands, The Verge, Wall Street Journal
    My mobile memoirs — free ebook available here.
    My HoFo feedback... is that still a thing?

Device(s)
    Samsung S4 i337z
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    SMH. I always felt moving away from removable batteries would backfire, but not like this.

Feedback Score
    Samsung could of been the Apple customer service of Android phones but failed in a magnificently. Their customer service is just horrible.

I've now gone through 2 of the note 7 and now have to send them back before I get a refund or a replacement s7 edge. That's going to be weeks without a phone. Not only that they are only offering $100 compensation which really is nothing because we paid more than that in the note 7 just to downgrade.

Sent from my SM-N930W8 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Note 4, Iphone 6+
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Rogers, Virgin, Fido
    Feedback Score
    Was there an official statement on what would happen if you don't return/refund the Note 7 ? Was there a deadline date where you can no longer refund ?

Device(s)
    Samsung S4 i337z
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gyozaman View Post
    Was there an official statement on what would happen if you don't return/refund the Note 7 ? Was there a deadline date where you can no longer refund ?
    I'm not sure about a deadline for a refund, but otherwise they can't make people do anything. Just don't plan on flying with one. The airports are enforcing that at least.

Feedback Score
    They are pushing a software update to make the battery max out at 60% and them around end of November they are shutting the phone down through a update.

Device(s)
    Samsung S4 i337z
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by regan.yee View Post
    They are pushing a software update to make the battery max out at 60% and them around end of November they are shutting the phone down through a update.
    ...WOW. I guess Samsung isn't playing. Though for the really stubborn they can just root their Note 7, since rooted phones can't get updates pushed through.

Feedback Score
    Might lose out on using the s pen if rooted. But not sure. Maybe I'll do that with my phone. It's a great phone otherwise.

Feedback Score
    Samsung is bringing refurbished NOTE 7 to the market recently. I am not allowed to post any link but a Google search will give you lot of links.

The company has announced earlier that it has collected all the devices of this item in all markets and will be released again after few months.

Feedback Score
    Horrible, so many events about the phone bomb....

Feedback Score
    It's dead?

I'm sure it was cremated not buried!

(I'm not counting the special South Korean re-release of the Note 7.... The FE "Flame Enthusiasts" edition for the most diehard of Samsung fans)

Feedback Score
    like a bomb, so danger