Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Franklin R850 & External Antenna

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone tried a TS9 connector? I found a forum (in Korean) of some users talking about a model R850 and the user describes using a TS9 adapter and going to an external antenna. Can't post links but here's the text you could probably search and find the whole thread if you felt like it.

发信人: watersedge (在水一方), 信区: CellularPlan
    标 题: R850折腾完毕
    发信站: BBS 未名空间站 (Fri Jun 9 20:11:31 2017, 美东)

外接天线接头型号是TS9.
    我在aliexpress上买的New-F-Male-Plug-Connector-Switch-TS9-Male-Plug-Connector
    -RG316, 1.93刀一个。
    连了一个weBoost (Wilson) 311155 (301155) 75 Ohm Wide Band Wall Mount Panel
    Antenna,信号增强10分贝左右。
    可惜我家的信号还是不好,增强以后也就到-105dbm。网速7/7.
    有时稍高一点,也不多。

频段锁定band25。
    USB tether 搞不定,但用wifi repeater + router 可以完美突破设备限制,
    并且可以用网线接设备。
    linksys ac1200 wifi range extender re6400在costco大甩卖,29刀一个。
    还是dual band。
    用它无线连接R850,然后网线接到router,完全不损失网速。

好像没什么要折腾的了。

Feedback Score

Thumbs up Sprint r850 with dual 45 degre yagi antennas

Sprint sent a r850 to replace my ZTE warp connect with a bulging battery.
    I already had dual 45 degree yagi antennas with ts9 connectors.
    I finally found a picture online with labeled antenna connector on the r850.
    But it uses a ms-162 connectors, bought 2 from ebay for $20- search- MS-162 Male Right Angle to SMA Female .
    Speedtest- right before plugging antennas in: Bedroom: 1 Bar, 1.48 up, 2.67 down. Kitchen window: usual spot, 1 bar, 9.9 up 5.0 down. Both antennas: 3 bar 15.1 up 8.7 down.
    I bought both antennas for $25 shipped on ebay, search- Berkeley Logperiodic antenna.
    Low loss cable $12 each, I think I used this from ebay -search - 15 FT FLEXIBLE 50 Ohm COAXIAL CABLE w/ MALE N and SMA CONNECTORS,
    + antenna connectors, I had a unused dish on a pole, that I removed and installed antennas on.
    I siliconed where the cable went into the antenna and wrapped up all exposed connectors, use short of wiring as possible!
    Used a app on Google play to download a cellular antenna finder onto a Sprint phone, searched for direction and aimed antennas there.
    It was streaming movies fine without the antennas, so now I'm happy as all hell.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Gatorchum that's freaking great! Thanks for the info! This gives us so much more flexability for installs! My current solution is too buggy but this should just about fix everything up!

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This is a follow-up to my last post and I don't want it to be missed....so here I am again.

I already have a working setup with a completely different solution that I've been using for quite a few months. In short: I know everything works.

I bought the connectors and tried this on my R850. The first thing I found was that the MS-162 connectors are *extremely* tight and took a lot of pressure to snap onto the internal connectors of the R850. Once they were on, I connected them to my existing antenna, but the R850 wouldn't connect to the tower. I decided to pull the connectors back off and take it outside to make sure it would connect (and it did). I took the R850 back in and re-connected everything. The MS-162 went on a lot easier the second time, but I still couldn't get a connection. I decided to go back to my working solution.....that's when I pulled the MS-162 connector back off. It actually ripped the internal port off the main board of the R850.

I don't know why it didn't work for me. The only thing I can tell whoever is reading this is you may never be able to take the connector off if you ever put it on. My R850 is toast. Be careful

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Does anyone know the secret to putting the R850 into a tethering mode? Whether attached via USB to a PC or to a ROOter'd router, it does not show itself as a device. I've seen screen captures of the hidden menu that offers a tethering option; I am able to get into the hidden menu, but I don't see tethering as an option. Perhaps I need to downgrade to an earlier firmware version? Currently running FW 0.2.67.0, WebApp R850.SP31.1566

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    N6682,N70,N93i,N95,JASJAR,iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CAL7 View Post
    Does anyone know the secret to putting the R850 into a tethering mode? Whether attached via USB to a PC or to a ROOter'd router, it does not show itself as a device. I've seen screen captures of the hidden menu that offers a tethering option; I am able to get into the hidden menu, but I don't see tethering as an option. Perhaps I need to downgrade to an earlier firmware version? Currently running FW 0.2.67.0, WebApp R850.SP31.1566

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
    You can find a post on the hidden menu here : https://www.howardforums.com/showthr...-hacking-begin There should be some posts on

Device(s)
    N6682,N70,N93i,N95,JASJAR,iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular/ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorchum View Post
    But it uses a ms-162 connectors, bought 2 from ebay for $20- search- MS-162 Male Right Angle to SMA Female .
    Speedtest- right before plugging antennas in: Bedroom: 1 Bar, 1.48 up, 2.67 down. Kitchen window: usual spot, 1 bar, 9.9 up 5.0 down. Both antennas: 3 bar 15.1 up 8.7 down.
    I bought both antennas for $25 shipped on ebay, search- Berkeley Logperiodic antenna.
    Low loss cable $12 each, I think I used this from ebay -search - 15 FT FLEXIBLE 50 Ohm COAXIAL CABLE w/ MALE N and SMA CONNECTORS,
    + antenna connectors, I had a unused dish on a pole, that I removed and installed antennas on.
    I siliconed where the cable went into the antenna and wrapped up all exposed connectors, use short of wiring as possible!
    Used a app on Google play to download a cellular antenna finder onto a Sprint phone, searched for direction and aimed antennas there.
    It was streaming movies fine without the antennas, so now I'm happy as all hell.
    WOW! Are you in a rural area? Nice ingenuity as well! This thread interests me, because I have the r850 and have been looking for ways to unlock it... Love this idea though

Device(s)
    i285
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Great job on figuring all of this out. I am going to try this weekend as my MC7455 has started to drop nonstop.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by parjas95 View Post
    Great job on figuring all of this out. I am going to try this weekend as my MC7455 has started to drop nonstop.
    Did you try eliminating Bands?
    I will be Judged on how I helped the poor, sick & others in need; strangers & loved ones alike.

My plans:
    Visible (Verizon) UTT & Unlimited Data $25/mo
    Liberty Wireless (T-Mobile) UTT 09.06.22
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.03.23
    Truphone (AT&T) every 180 days by 07.18.22

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gatorchum View Post
    Name:  Franklin Wireless R850 Front PCB.jpg
Views: 1791
Size:  73.1 KBName:  Franklin Wireless R850 Back PCB.jpg
Views: 1810
Size:  92.5 KBName:  Franklin Wireless R850 Connector.jpg
Views: 1727
Size:  46.2 KB

Feedback Score
    Has anybody figured out the correct pigtail connector to the elusive R850 hotspot?

Feedback Score

Franklin R850 connector

It is not the MS162 (I tried this one) but there's the MS147 and MS156.

Feedback Score
    I've tried the ms162 connector and it doesn't fit. Am I missing something?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by shavalino View Post
    I've tried the ms162 connector and it doesn't fit. Am I missing something?
    Not sure, I never ended up trying this. It ended up being more practical for me to get a quectel lte modem so I could use openwrt and ditch the r850 altogether.
    But anyway I'll look and see if I have any extra ms162 connectors laying around and try it out.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4