Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: $40 ($38 with Autopay) 4GB Data / Unlimited Province-Wide Talk Plan - Public Mobile

Carrier(s)
    Value
    Feedback Score
    More accurately, $141 paid up-front for 90 days province-restricted calling & 12GB data.
    Quoting a monthly rate and assuming auto-pay is misleading.
    Heck of a deal, in Telus-land.

Quote Originally Posted by jawkneej View Post
    At this point if I were to switch, I'd lose 128.82 for the 3 months I just paid down..
    90 day promos, prepaid, by design.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pjw918 View Post
    More accurately, $141 paid in advance for 90 days province-restricted calling & 12GB data.
    Quoting a monthly rate that assumes auto-pay is misleading.
    Heck of a deal, in Telus-land.
    Very true. It's all in the marketing. But with this being said, the deal isn't bad at all.

Feedback Score
    This new deal is nowhere near as good as what we're paying, but it's not bad. Probably the best deal currently apart from an SK/QC deal. I guess if you have any friends or relatives that missed out on the first deal, it might be worth signing them up for this one.

Feedback Score
    Until when is the promo valid?

Sent from my FRD-L04 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ravercwb View Post
    Until when is the promo valid?
    [/URL]
    That's what I'd also like to know. I'm hoping it'll be available til Jan 2018 bc that way I can avoid Rogers' $50 unlock fee. It looks like the plans between Rogers have been raised again with the new Apple iPhones...

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Hello,

Is this plan available for $45?

Device(s)
    Moto E4 XT1767
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile
    Feedback Score
    No, it is $120 billed every 90 days. which works out to $40/month but you are paying that $120 in one lump sum.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv VeniceNA
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile/Telus
    Feedback Score
    This plan is going up to $150 effective March 20th.

https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ASE/m-p/217541

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    This plan is going up to $150 effective March 20th.

https://productioncommunity.publicmo...ASE/m-p/217541
    So other than switching to Koodo, or staying and eating that 25% increase, what are some other good plans out there?

Or is there none, that's why they feel like they can pull this one on us?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 32GB (iOS 11.2.5)
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hahutzy View Post
    So other than switching to Koodo, or staying and eating that 25% increase, what are some other good plans out there?

As far as I'm aware, Koodo's $40/4GB plan is the next best thing. The $45/4GB and $55/6GB plans for Rogers and Fido only apply to prepaid customers with Fido and Chatr. And Fido's current $45/2GB plan isn't good.

I'm glad I jumped ship to get Telus' $60/10GB plan.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Priv VeniceNA
    Carrier(s)
    Public Mobile/Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Anaron View Post
    As far as I'm aware, Koodo's $40/4GB plan is the next best thing. The $45/4GB and $55/6GB plans for Rogers and Fido only apply to prepaid customers with Fido and Chatr. And Fido's current $45/2GB plan isn't good.

I'm glad I jumped ship to get Telus' $60/10GB plan.
    I think it's in-store 4GB for Fido, though. I saw a sign at the Fido store.
    Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hahutzy View Post

If it were only a 25% increase. A lot of us had referral bonuses. As our referees suddenly start transferring over to Koodo my bill will start going up even more. If I don't move but my referrals leave I'm looking at a 35% increase. If I switch to Koodo I lose my referral bonus, auto pay bonus, and loyalty bonus which means I'll be seeing an 18% increase. Not to mention what's stopping them from bumping the rate another 10% or 20% next year.

To add insult to injury I JUST paid for my 3 months of service, and because this is a "pre-paid" plan they are not required to reimburse me for that money. So if I switch over to the Koodo deal at the last possible moment I'm loosing out on over $70 per plan in unused payments!

Just kinda sucks all around.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 128GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by da_guy2 View Post
    If it were only a 25% increase. A lot of us had referral bonuses. As our referees suddenly start transferring over to Koodo my bill will start going up even more. If I don't move but my referrals leave I'm looking at a 35% increase. If I switch to Koodo I lose my referral bonus, auto pay bonus, and loyalty bonus which means I'll be seeing an 18% increase. Not to mention what's stopping them from bumping the rate another 10% or 20% next year.

To add insult to injury I JUST paid for my 3 months of service, and because this is a "pre-paid" plan they are not required to reimburse me for that money. So if I switch over to the Koodo deal at the last possible moment I'm loosing out on over $70 per plan in unused payments!

Just kinda sucks all around.
    Any add-ons you have that don't expire until you use them up also vanish and you will instead start paying for them every month, whether you use them or not with koodo. Or you cancel the add-on, like US minutes or extra data. Paying every month instead of rollover will cost much, much more for many people.

Telus is really screwing their customers on this one.
    Unlocked JetBlack 128GB iPhone 7Plus, Unlocked 64GB iPhone 6, unlocked 32GB iPhone 5 (AWS), unlocked 16GB iPhone 4
    Unlimited Provincial Calling, Unlimited Global SMS/MMS, Conditional Call Forwarding, 10 message VM
    12GB/90 days
    $36/Month Public Mobile, $15 400 international LD that don't expire

$49/8GB, Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM
    $60/10GB Unlimited Canada-wide anytime minutes, Unlimited international messaging (SMS/MMS) CD, VM

Feedback Score
    And like that, Public Mobile has reversed its decision to raise prices:

http://www.iphoneincanada.ca/carrier...cision-40-4gb/

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14