Thread: Help blocking text messages

Feedback Score

Angry Help blocking text messages

Hello. I have metroPCS and an LG K10 phone. I'm getting a ton of text messages from an ex who won't leave me alone.

I clicked on his contact and added it as spam. BUT then he started sending me picture messages MMS or whatever and they dont' get blocked by the spam option! the go right through and pop up on my phone.

I searched and searched and all i can see is that metro pcs block-it app was used to block text messages, but it has been changed to Name ID and it no longer blocks text! it only blocks phone calls!

I called customer service and they were no help as they said they have NO options to block texts. Even went in store and got nothing.

The only option seems to change phone number which won't work because he communicates with other people i know and would soon get the new number anyway.

or change carriers with higher costs that do have full blocking options.

please let me know what other options i have. it's very urgent. i sent a message to metropcs facebook but no reply yet.

thanks

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    Set a contact-specific alert sound that's silent so you don't get alerts and just ignore the messages.

Feedback Score
    i have anxiety which i can't help. i need to NOT see the messages at all....

there seems to be no option with metropcs since their changed app no longer blocks texts. its' so lame. the old app DID

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer1978 View Post
    Hello. I have metroPCS and an LG K10 phone. I'm getting a ton of text messages from an ex who won't leave me alone.

I clicked on his contact and added it as spam. BUT then he started sending me picture messages MMS or whatever and they dont' get blocked by the spam option! the go right through and pop up on my phone.

I searched and searched and all i can see is that metro pcs block-it app was used to block text messages, but it has been changed to Name ID and it no longer blocks text! it only blocks phone calls!

I called customer service and they were no help as they said they have NO options to block texts. Even went in store and got nothing.

The only option seems to change phone number which won't work because he communicates with other people i know and would soon get the new number anyway.

or change carriers with higher costs that do have full blocking options.

please let me know what other options i have. it's very urgent. i sent a message to metropcs facebook but no reply yet.

thanks

Most likely you are looking for an app that will help you.

Here are a few and they are available at the play store from your phone:

Calls Blacklist-Call Blocker
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....easyblacklist

Call Blocker Free - Blacklist
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=com.netqin.mm

Block MMS and Call
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...kcall.blocksms

Those are generally easy to use and set up. Try them and see which one works for you.

Hope that helps! Good luck, it is very frustrating when someone keeps contacting you when they know it bothers you so.

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I use Textra as my messaging app. It allows you to blacklist numbers to block them. It's a great app if you want to give it a try.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...m.textra&hl=en

Feedback Score
    thank you for the suggestions! hopefully they also will block MMS not just SMS.

Feedback Score
    Well, as far as I know, the usual interception app provides the ability to block text messages and calls. It does not seem to specify support for intercepting MMS. For the Android SMS blocking app, the Mr. Number I am using is doing a good job.