Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 263

Thread: My T-Mobile Plan. What's yours?

  1. #241
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    775
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    I would say if you're happy with your current device, keep it. I have the V30 as well and it works great still. Eventually, all phones lose their value and the next best thing comes out. I typically keep my phones until they die, but that's me.
    So this is what a fella on Reddit commented about my post on trading LG V30. See below.

    The G8 has quad DAC.

    I'm rocking the V30 and I'm going to keep it as long as possible. It has four things that matter to me that aren't found together on ANY other phone, period:

    * Band 71 support.

    * Wide angle video recording, wider than all later LG phones.

    * Quad DAC.

    * The ability to turn the main speaker around backwards and use it as a superboosted microphone in loud environments.

    Point 2 and 4 together make it the best phone on the planet for use as a covert on-body video/audio recorder. *Nothing else comes close.*

    Here's the real-world results where I actually busted a scam tried on me as a trucker - you'll find the "hiddencam" results embedded in the video:

    https://youtu.be/8ZjMjZ0Tuyo

    Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    To Be The Best Ya Gotta Be Smarter Than The Rest! My Time, Talent, & Treasure! : “Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” Leo Buscaglia : “With God, all things are POSSIBLE.” Mark 10:27

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    330
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    So this is what a fella on Reddit commented about my post on trading LG V30. See below.

    The G8 has quad DAC.

    I'm rocking the V30 and I'm going to keep it as long as possible. It has four things that matter to me that aren't found together on ANY other phone, period:

    * Band 71 support.

    * Wide angle video recording, wider than all later LG phones.

    * Quad DAC.

    * The ability to turn the main speaker around backwards and use it as a superboosted microphone in loud environments.

    Point 2 and 4 together make it the best phone on the planet for use as a covert on-body video/audio recorder. *Nothing else comes close.*

    Here's the real-world results where I actually busted a scam tried on me as a trucker - you'll find the "hiddencam" results embedded in the video:

    https://youtu.be/8ZjMjZ0Tuyo

    Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    Yeah, I like the V30. Glad they offered a BOGO through T-Mobile.

    Have you decided on the MI lines and creating a new account? Or are you content with keeping things as they are currently?

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    775
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    Yeah, I like the V30. Glad they offered a BOGO through T-Mobile.

    Have you decided on the MI lines and creating a new account? Or are you content with keeping things as they are currently?
    Did you get the 2 Free Mini Beam Projectors by MIR with your LG phone's? Also did your V30 phones also come with the LG premium headphones with the projectors? Some people reported getting them & some did not. I did not,

    Also as far as the mobile internet lines I'm still going to add another account but I still haven't picked up any new SIM cards to activate at least one new mobile internet line on a new account.

    I was at my local Costco over the weekend picking up pizza but he had a person he was helping with at the moment so I knew it would be a while before I could ask him. I was also short on time. I'm thinking I may try to go to the Apple store and see if they'll give me a couple sim cards for free I know I got this three Sprint ones for free last week.

    I now have one more mobile internet line that I can add on my main account because I ported one of the on-demand lines over to Sprint to get the Sprint free year deal. I'm also now thinking about moving my other three kids off T-Mobile and on to Sprint for the free year deal and then maybe just get me and the wife each a $25 6 GB mobile internet plan and I should be able to save a bunch of money until the end of next April.

    But right now the wife is kind of hesitant about going with just mobile internet lines and also moving the kids over to the Sprint service. I must say though I'm kind of impressed with the Sprint service it's definitely not as fast as T-Mobile's and you can't talk and be on the internet at the same time but it's very well usable. I tested it at night and I was getting about 25 megabits download and during the day I was getting about 12 to 17 megabits download and I live in the northwest burbs of Chicago. I'm about 30-40 min from Midway airport & 20 from O'Hare airport.

    I figured I guess even if I were to switch them to Sprint after a year's time if I can't get any Simple Choice mobile internet plans and I'm sure there's going to be a lot of options plans available either from T-Mobile or from Sprint. guess I'll take about another couple days to a week and think this all through.

    Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    330
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Did you get the 2 Free Mini Beam Projectors by MIR with your LG phone's? Also did your V30 phones also come with the LG premium headphones with the projectors? Some people reported getting them & some did not. I did not,
    I did not get the free Mini Beam Projectors or the headphones. Oh well, win some, lose some I guess.

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    775
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    I did not get the free Mini Beam Projectors or the headphones. Oh well, win some, lose some I guess.
    Did you purchase your LG phone's between Feb 2nd & March 9th? https://lgrebates.com/lgminibeamoffer

    Also I just seen this deal for a Free 50 LG TV with purchase of LG G8 phone. https://lgrebates.com/LG_50_Inch_TV_Offer

    Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    CMA003 (Chicagoland)
    Posts
    2,694
    Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    After re-reading the post, it does make sense of why the account was changed to the $3 plan.

    However, it does not hurt to reach out to T-Force and see if they can work their magic as a one time courtesy to change the plan back to the $30 plan. But, I would make sure to not let the plan lapse again if they are able to reinstate the plan.
    When did they stop giving you 90 days to fund your prepaid account after it's suspended? I have one of the $35/10GB prepaid plans that I let lapse for over two months before I funded it again and they never moved me to the $3 plan.

    This was just in January, so it must be a recent change.

    At any rate, the $30 Walmart plan isn't even that great of a deal these days. Definitely not like it was when it first came out. Back then it was worth dealing with the 100 minute limit, I liked that plan and used it on and off for years but I don't know if I'd go out of my way to fight for it now.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    775
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    When did they stop giving you 90 days to fund your prepaid account after it's suspended? I have one of the $35/10GB prepaid plans that I let lapse for over two months before I funded it again and they never moved me to the $3 plan.

    This was just in January, so it must be a recent change.

    At any rate, the $30 Walmart plan isn't even that great of a deal these days. Definitely not like it was when it first came out. Back then it was worth dealing with the 100 minute limit, I liked that plan and used it on and off for years but I don't know if I'd go out of my way to fight for it now.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    Exactly. So much competition out now. Redpocket mobile is $20 a month for 5gb data & unl talk/text. Mint Mobile/Sim has some great deals too. www.bestmvno.com

    Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app

  8. #248
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    330
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by clonehappy View Post
    When did they stop giving you 90 days to fund your prepaid account after it's suspended? I have one of the $35/10GB prepaid plans that I let lapse for over two months before I funded it again and they never moved me to the $3 plan.

    This was just in January, so it must be a recent change.

    At any rate, the $30 Walmart plan isn't even that great of a deal these days. Definitely not like it was when it first came out. Back then it was worth dealing with the 100 minute limit, I liked that plan and used it on and off for years but I don't know if I'd go out of my way to fight for it now.


    Sent from my iPhone using HoFo
    I am not sure but the Walmart plan was always a "special" plan. It was a pain to get the plan when it was available.

    This is why I would reach out to T-Mobile and see what they can do about reinstating the plan. It does not hurt to ask.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    775
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by schippma View Post
    I am not sure but the Walmart plan was always a "special" plan. It was a pain to get the plan when it was available.

    This is why I would reach out to T-Mobile and see what they can do about reinstating the plan. It does not hurt to ask.
    Yep I think he should definitely ask but even if it's not able to be reinstated he definitely has options.

    Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    330
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Exactly. So much competition out now. Redpocket mobile is $20 a month for 5gb data & unl talk/text. Mint Mobile/Sim has some great deals too. www.bestmvno.com

    Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app
    I definitely agree there are so many great options for plans in the prepaid arena. I have contemplated in the past about moving to AT&T Prepaid on the $30 1GB High-Speed plan with unlimited domestic talk and text. For a family of 5 on this plan, total cost would be $90. You can also get prepaid cards online to make this amount even less.

    However, the current T-Mobile GV option our family is on currently works out as a better value. For 10 lines, I pay $80 and 8 lines get 2GB of High-Speed data and 2 lines get 6GB of High-Speed data, plus all the benefits of the Simple Choice plans.

    If Google Voice and/or Hangouts changes or is eliminated, I would seriously consider the $30 AT&T 1GB High-Speed data and domestic talk and text plan for 2 separate 5 line family plans. Unless something better comes out from another provider.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    401
    Device(s)
    iPhone XR 128 GB
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Seems like a bit high in taxes/fees although prob not as much as I pay living in Illinois almost $40 in taxes/fees for 5 voice lines.
    I live in IL as well (Chicago NW suburbs) so taxes are a killer. I did just change my plan in Feb to that promo unlimited plan per line, but lost the corporate discount. Here is my new current breakdown. The 6th phone line and 1st tablet are free from Magenta Friday 2016 promo. The 2nd tablet is free from the March 2017 on-us promo. Also have $15 international call to land line for my primary phone.

    Name:  T-Mobile Plan 2019-APR.JPG
Views: 307
Size:  62.0 KB

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    775
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by dmk1974 View Post
    I live in IL as well (Chicago NW suburbs) so taxes are a killer. I did just change my plan in Feb to that promo unlimited plan per line, but lost the corporate discount. Here is my new current breakdown. The 6th phone line and 1st tablet are free from Magenta Friday 2016 promo. The 2nd tablet is free from the March 2017 on-us promo. Also have $15 international call to land line for my primary phone.

    Name:  T-Mobile Plan 2019-APR.JPG
Views: 307
Size:  62.0 KB
    Yep you pay about the same in taxes and fees. I have 5 voice lines on a grandfathered Perf FT 600 NW plan plus fam text & unlimited data on 5 voice line's. I also have 2 Free TMO digits with paired data beta promo lines & 2 free data on demand MI line's. I had 3 but ported one to Sprint last week to get my 10 yo daughter an unlimited data plan.

    I went with the Sprint 1 year Free deal www.sprint.com/1yearfree it is Unfortunately over now and last day to sign up was 4/4. But I do believe I can add additional lines up to 5 total on the Free year deal still up till April 30 2020. I'm actually shocked by how well Sprint service is in my Area. Probably not as quick or reliable as TMO like you can't talk & use data together but it's still very well usable.

    I was getting 25 Meg's download at night and about 12-17 during the day in the Oakbrook Terrace/Villa Park Area. I'm actually now thinking about moving my 3 other kids from T-Mobile to the Sprint deal & put me and wife on a TMO 6gb SCNA MI plan to save money then just use GV/Hangouts for calls/texts. Btw what town are you in? Tia Ron

    Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    14
    Feedback Score
    0
    We've been on T-Mo since Feb 2017, switched after 20 years on AT&T (LA Cellular before that, to give some time perspective). Wife & I were on separate AT&T plans, both with healthy corporate discounts. Switched to T-Mo One unlimited. Was $60/line when we switched (I think - or was it $55?). A month later they dropped it to $50 per line, so I called and made sure we got the new rate. Within about a month, they had a "add a line free" promo, so I added my sister, who had been on Verizon for decades. Now we have 3 T-Mo One unlimited lines for $100 flat, all-in. Cool. THEN shortly afterwards they had a brief One Plus promo, and I was able to add that free to all 3 lines. Now we're really cooking with Crisco!

    My billing was a mess for most of the first year. So many promos were stacked weird that it kept baffling their system. CSR after CSR would tell me "aha! I've found the problem, it's fixed now!" and... it wouldn't be. I'd get billed $140 or some other incorrect amount. FINALLY someone did figure it out about a year ago, and it's been perfect ever since.

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Posts
    76
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by QkTreasures View Post
    Are you still on the same plan? I'm still on my FT Perf 500 NW 39.99 btv with 5 lines on $5 Pau btv, 9.99 family text, I also have 2 free digits with paired data beta promo & 3 SC MI data on demand lines. Kicking my self for not trying to add the 3 free 6 gb SCNA MI lines from 16/17.
    Sorry, I just realized that I never responded to your message. Yes, I'm sort of on the same plan. However, I converted all three of my free SCNA 6GB MI to T-Mobile One Tablet TE. Here's my current plan:

    Select Choice Family Unlimited TT+D <$50>
    Family Stateside International with Mobile <$10>
    Preferred Family Allowance <$0>
    Line 1 <$20> Unlimited Data with 5GB Hotspot
    Line 2 <$20> Unlimited Data with 5GB Hotspot
    Line 3 <$5> AAL + <$20> Unlimited Data with 5GB Hotspot
    Line 4 <$5> AAL + <$20> Unlimited Data with 5GB Hotspot
    Line 5 <$5> AAL + <$20> Unlimited Data with 5GB Hotspot
    Line 6 <$10> (Data Match Promo) SC NA 5GB MI with Binge On
    Line 7 <$0> (2 Lines "Friends & Family") T-Mobile One Tablet TE with One Plus Promo [HD video & 10GB Hotspot]
    Line 8 <$0> (2 Lines "Friends & Family") T-Mobile One Tablet TE with One Plus Promo [HD video & 10GB Hotspot]
    Line 9 <$0> (This One on Us Promo) T-Mobile One Tablet TE with One Plus Promo [HD video & 10GB Hotspot]
    Line 10 <$0> Data with DIGITS Beta Promo TE [Unlimited Data paired with my LTE AppleWatch]
    ------------
    Total: $185 - 15% discount = $157.25 + tax (approx $26)

    Pretty good deal for 10 lines. The only thing that could've made it better is if I got on the recent free unlimited data bump. I thought about changing my Select Choice plan to the SCNA 10GB Family Match plan, but there's no guarantee that I'll get the unlimited data bump so I backed out of making the change. I would've lost Family Stateside International with Mobile, but everything else would've stayed. I'm just not a gambler so I decided to keep my Select Choice with unlimited data instead of risking being stuck with only 10GB if I didn't get the free data upgrade.
    T-Mobile: Select Choice FAM UNL TT+D 50
    AT&T: Connected Car Unlimited Data $20

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    775
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by jgh12 View Post
    Sorry, I just realized that I never responded to your message. Yes, I'm sort of on the same plan. However, I converted all three of my free SCNA 6GB MI to T-Mobile One Tablet TE. Here's my current plan:

    Select Choice Family Unlimited TT+D <$50>
    Family Stateside International with Mobile <$10>
    Preferred Family Allowance <$0>
    Line 1 <$20> Unlimited Data with 5GB Hotspot
    Line 2 <$20> Unlimited Data with 5GB Hotspot
    Line 3 <$5> AAL + <$20> Unlimited Data with 5GB Hotspot
    Line 4 <$5> AAL + <$20> Unlimited Data with 5GB Hotspot
    Line 5 <$5> AAL + <$20> Unlimited Data with 5GB Hotspot
    Line 6 <$10> (Data Match Promo) SC NA 5GB MI with Binge On
    Line 7 <$0> (2 Lines "Friends & Family") T-Mobile One Tablet TE with One Plus Promo [HD video & 10GB Hotspot]
    Line 8 <$0> (2 Lines "Friends & Family") T-Mobile One Tablet TE with One Plus Promo [HD video & 10GB Hotspot]
    Line 9 <$0> (This One on Us Promo) T-Mobile One Tablet TE with One Plus Promo [HD video & 10GB Hotspot]
    Line 10 <$0> Data with DIGITS Beta Promo TE [Unlimited Data paired with my LTE AppleWatch]
    ------------
    Total: $185 - 15% discount = $157.25 + tax (approx $26)

    Pretty good deal for 10 lines. The only thing that could've made it better is if I got on the recent free unlimited data bump. I thought about changing my Select Choice plan to the SCNA 10GB Family Match plan, but there's no guarantee that I'll get the unlimited data bump so I backed out of making the change. I would've lost Family Stateside International with Mobile, but everything else would've stayed. I'm just not a gambler so I decided to keep my Select Choice with unlimited data instead of risking being stuck with only 10GB if I didn't get the free data upgrade.
    Yep probably a wise choice.

    Sent from my LG-H932 using HoFo mobile app

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. My T-Mobile Story... what's your's?
    By tmobiley in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-02-2016, 05:36 AM
  2. Take over My T-Mobile plan and I will give you $80
    By eshtog in forum GSM phone Buy/Sell/Trade
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-15-2004, 02:03 PM
  3. VZW’s Mobile Web, What is your assessment?
    By Joe_Average in forum Verizon Wireless
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-30-2004, 07:25 PM
  4. T-Mobile ads. What's your favorite?
    By Drag'nGT in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-05-2003, 07:49 PM
  5. My T-mobile site - what does (F) mean?
    By goober22 in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-07-2003, 07:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks