Thread: Corporate plan, WiFi calling eligibility

Feedback Score

Corporate plan, WiFi calling eligibility

I just got a corporate plan on Rogers through the company I work for. I get 30% off the market price of the plan, which I understand is standard.

Using an S7 Edge, I can't register for WiFi calling. I put in my number to receive the validation code, and it doesn't send me a thing.

I called Rogers and they tell me that corporate plans aren't eligible for WiFi calling.
    Can someone on a corporate plan chime in? Are you successfully able to activate yours?

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    I have a plan that I think is similar to yours, 30% off through a corporate plan (I am the account owner and pay the bill, not my employer). You should definitely be able to get wifi calling enabled, I was able to activate it on my iPhone without calling in. I think I remember it taking a few days before the "to enable wifi calling, contact Rogers" message went away after I ported over. You could also try business support as they will assist with these plans.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by crab9000 View Post
    I have a plan that I think is similar to yours, 30% off through a corporate plan (I am the account owner and pay the bill, not my employer). You should definitely be able to get wifi calling enabled, I was able to activate it on my iPhone without calling in. I think I remember it taking a few days before the "to enable wifi calling, contact Rogers" message went away after I ported over. You could also try business support as they will assist with these plans.
    Thanks, it's them who told me that the plan wasn't eligible.
    But it's a new plan so I'll wait got a few days for sure.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I'm on a corporate plan, an older plan (2 years ago) and I have WiFi calling working on my iPhone.
    Try calling in again.

Carrier(s)
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I'm not sure if Rogers is offering WiFi calling to their Corporate Clients (Corporate Liable) yet.

On Bell, at least when it comes to Apple WiFi calling (since they don't have Android WiFi calling), there are a few T&C and rate plan requirements that the company must adhere too before end users can enable WiFi calling. The main issue here is 911 eligibility. Because and end user does not "own" their line, only the company can accept the restrictions that go with 911 calling over WiFI calling.

With regards to rate plan requirements, only users that have an Unlimited Nationwide Talk & Text plan are WiFi calling eligible...this applies to all Bell customers and has nothing to do with Corporate.

Feedback Score
    This is a personal account with a corporate discount - and since others are able to get Wifi calling, I figure I should too. MyRogers has been acting up for me lately so I wonder if my account hasn't "settled in" quite yet. (or maybe it just doesn't like my S7, and I should try an iPhone!)

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    was the S7 purchased from Rogers? WiFi calling on Rogers only works on devices sold by Rogers, unlocked models wont get WiFi calling.
    My corporate account is also a personal account, I pay the bill, not my employer.

Device(s)
    Iphone X
    Carrier(s)
    Freedom
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GP-SE View Post
    was the S7 purchased from Rogers? WiFi calling on Rogers only works on devices sold by Rogers, unlocked models wont get WiFi calling.
    My corporate account is also a personal account, I pay the bill, not my employer.
    Not necessarily; I purchased an unlocked S7 Edge from Samsung.com and my WiFi calling works

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GP-SE View Post

Interesting. Rogers even says the device has to be from them.
    Add: It's a personal plan with a corp discount, I pay my own bill too.

In my case, I bought my device off Kijiji (but the orig. owner bought it from a Rogers reseller, I have the bill to verify that.)
    But when I bought the plan, I already had the phone so under MyRogers, I see that the system recognises my phone as S7 Edge correctly, with the IMEI as "11111......119". (own device?) I wonder if that's what's causing it to not activate.

1. For those of you who have it going, what shows as your IMEI in MyRogers? [Generic IMEI or actually your phone's?]
    2. Did you buy your phone subsidized at the time you got your plan?
    Last edited by apoorv; 11-25-2016 at 07:54 AM. Reason: clarified.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    try calling Rogers and have them add the IMEI of the phone to your account, I have heard having the correct IMEI on the account makes a difference.

Feedback Score
    They opened a support ticket for me. Said to wait 72 hours, but I'll try that next.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using HoFo mobile app