Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Phone to replace amazon fire phone on cricket

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kadi1981 View Post
    Ummm. It doesn't work like that. You have active line with Cricket. You can use any phone that works on att network provided the sim you have fits the phone. If you need to change sim you can do that too by chat or phone or online. There always has to be one sim active on the phone line. An unactivated sim card has no phone number associated with it.

A sim bought from Cricket wireless always comes associated with a phone line. They do not sell unactivated sims.

Amazon, Best Buy or Target sell you unactivated sims. You open the package and then go online to the website mentioned in the package to activate it - either just the sim for your current line or to port number in as a new line or to get a new number for a new line.
    OK, that's what I thought, it can be done but not without some contact with Cricket.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ListedGuru View Post
    So I can just to to bestbuy and buy a new cricket sim and just activate that sim to my wife's life then. Sounds easy enough.

Does anyone know if Cricket stores sell sims cheaper?

Thanks,

-Guru
    Once in a blue moon Cricket has 99c sim sale. I wouldn't wait for it.
    Get yourself $25 as you join Cricket Wireless!
    https://www.cricketwireless.com/l/re...6ds&type=email

Device(s)
    LG800g
    Carrier(s)
    Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    How was the Amazon Fire? I was looking at it when it the prices dropped on it, right before it was discontinued, but ended up buying the Nexus 5 (which I'm happy with). But how was the Fire?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprintleaver View Post
    You seem to be stuck in the stone ages, regardless of how much you've done on XDA. I used to live on XDA, rooting phones and flashing ROMs hourly. No big deal.

Now you laugh if someone needs to use 2 hands for a phone? The phone has changed, it's no longer a phone. People use it more as a mini-computer these days, the use case is totally different. Why else do 99% of the population prefer larger phones?

Even Steve Jobs said 3.5" was the perfect size for the phone, LMAO. He sure knew best didn't he?

People like you amuse me. There are small phones available, for god knows why but they are. Plenty of options, which is good for everyone. I just shake my head when I see people bemoan larger phones... just amusing.
    I'm not sure where you get your information from, seems you make it up. 2 of the most popular selling handsets are the Samsung galaxy s7 and the iPhone 7. Those both have a 4.7 inch screen and a 5.1 inch screen. Saying 99 percent of the population prefers large phones is just a lie you made up yourself to try to make it seem your point is valid. There is a huge want for smaller devices. I've seen plenty of people buy a phone and complain it's to big then when they go back to using something like the s7 they say how nice it feels to use a normal sized device. While you may like large phones this doesn't speak for everyone. Nobody else besides you cares about your preference in a device. The numbers prove what you claimed are false. There is a market for smaller devices.

Device(s)
    So many.
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO, Framily, Freedompop GSM
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    I'm not sure where you get your information from, seems you make it up. 2 of the most popular selling handsets are the Samsung galaxy s7 and the iPhone 7. Those both have a 4.7 inch screen and a 5.1 inch screen. Saying 99 percent of the population prefers large phones is just a lie you made up yourself to try to make it seem your point is valid. There is a huge want for smaller devices. I've seen plenty of people buy a phone and complain it's to big then when they go back to using something like the s7 they say how nice it feels to use a normal sized device. While you may like large phones this doesn't speak for everyone. Nobody else besides you cares about your preference in a device. The numbers prove what you claimed are false. There is a market for smaller devices.
    I know it. Not just by reading forums of people like me looking for smaller handsets, but even reputable gadget sites have mentioned it. I was just reading an official review of the Moto G series today (I don't think it was Cnet, but something like it) and the writer said it was baffling in his opinion to have made both the G and the G plus 5.5" phablets. The Plus should have been a phablet, and the regular G a smaller handset, between 5 and 5.2", much like flagships from Samsung who they are obviously trying to compete with. The G4 Play is obviously catering to a watered down lower-end handset in specs and is the only 5" model in the G lineup.

I stand by my original assessment of the situation. I'd say from my admittedly unscientific observation that probably only a little more than half of the population actually PREFERS bigger screens. The majority of the rest either doesn't care or are willing to compromise due to a lack of options, and only a small percentage of us are frustrated by it enough to complain on the intertubes. That means manufacturers can sell more big screen handsets, and people like sprintleaver make the assumptions that they do. ::shrug::

I compare it to sealed batteries- they claim people want them / like them, the body can be thinner and more elegantly designed, etc... really its because in 2 years they can get you to give up your phone when the battery doesn't last anymore. And since it didn't prevent enough people from buying the S6 when Samsung did it, they have no reason to go back to removable batteries. As long as having larger more expensive handsets means they can still sell units and charge more for them, they'll keep targeting them.
    Been gone a long time. Hello, HoFo- I'm BACK.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3