Thread: Amazon Moto G4 Play on Page Plus?

Carrier(s)
    Twigby
    Feedback Score

Amazon Moto G4 Play on Page Plus?

My father-in-law is looking to upgrade his flip phone to an Android phone. He's been using Page Plus for several years and I suggested that -- if he wants a good, cheap, new Android phone, he might want to look at the Amazon Moto G4 Play ($99 with Prime). Then it occurred to me that -- maybe -- Page Plus wouldn't allow this phone on their network? So now -- before he goes forward with this -- I just wanted to know if anyone has successfully activated the unlocked, Amazon ad edition, Moto G4 Play on Page Plus? My son had no problem activating one of these on RingPlus, bu it's possible that Verizon/Page Plus have different requirements. Thanks for any advice or success/failure stories using this specific phone on Page Plus.
    Blackberry Q10 on Twigby

Device(s)
    Moto X Pure
    Carrier(s)
    Total Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Should be no problem. It's fully compatible with the 4 big networks.

Device(s)
    LG Ultimate 2 L41C, HTC Evo 4G, Photon Mifi
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    It will probably work but even if it did not, you could move it to another carrier easily.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Motorla Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It absolutely should work. If not screw PP and move to BOOM Wireless! You will not regret it.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.6.40234/37.9143; U; en) Presto/2.12.423 Version/12.16)

You'll need to be on a $30 & up monthly plan to use a 4G LTE SIM-based smartphone on PPC.
    Last edited by whacker; 12-01-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    Yes, should be noted that if you move to a 4g phone you will need to be on a 30$ plan.

If you want to stay on pay go standard plan or the 12, you need a 3g phone. There are smartphones out there that can do this.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    We are using the Moto G4's on PP ($30 plan). However, I went and had Best Buy pricematch the Amazon phone price. It's definitely YMMV, but I basically said BB could have the money if they matched Amazon, or I would deal with the ads. BB said they would take my money. So I can't confirm that the Amazon phone will work, but the G4 definitely will, and you might be able to get it w/o the ads through a pricematch.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.6.40234/37.9143; U; en) Presto/2.12.423 Version/12.16)

You'll need to be on a $30 & up monthly plan to use a 4G LTE SIM-based smartphone on PPC.

THIS

I just bought a Moto G4 and can't use it as I use the $80 paygo card.
    The whole reason I started to use Pageplus was to get around BS rules like this from the big carriers. Trying to see if there is anyway for me to turn the 4g off on the hardware level so I can use.

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android; Opera Mini/7.6.40234/37.9154; U; en) Presto/2.12.423 Version/12.16)

Page Plus' policy on this changed on Jan 16, 2015. The era of being able to modify perfectly good 4G handsets to work on VZW's 3G network ended then. After that date you could no longer introduce a modified phone to the network, but you could keep already active ones on. Numerous threads and reams of info passed through the forums here about that topic.
    Last edited by whacker; 12-04-2016 at 09:19 AM.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mimibuick View Post
    THIS

I just bought a Moto G4 and can't use it as I use the $80 paygo card.
    The whole reason I started to use Pageplus was to get around BS rules like this from the big carriers. Trying to see if there is anyway for me to turn the 4g off on the hardware level so I can use.
    Yea that would be cool but the phones imei would still be tied to a 4G phone in the system.

Sent from my SM-T350 using HoFo mobile app
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Double Play with 140+ channels and 100 Megs per second internet.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Three UK sim as secondary.

Feedback Score
    I am thinking abut getting the Moto g4, is it better than an iPhone 5? also do I have to buy a sim card ? i want to use in PP and later transfer to Boom, is that possible ?How you like the g4 play so far ?

Device(s)
    Motorla Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Amazon Moto G4 Play on Page Plus?

You can't compare iPhone to Moto G4 as it is like apples to oranges. I will say the screen is nicer and it has good speed. Works great on Boom or PP. Yes you will need a sim for each 4G company as you can't reuse one.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Pageplus Cellular
    Feedback Score
    FYI, the Play ad version was on sale yesterday for $79 for Amazon Prime members.

I bought the Ad Free version of the G4 for $179 a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my LGL41C using Tapatalk