Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: So, How's 10.3.3 Working Out for You?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

So, How's 10.3.3 Working Out for You?

My last thread on 10.3.3 referred to the update as a disaster, many things that BB promised to be resolved with the update weren't, apps were missing and some didn't work any more, but the biggest problem(s) were the 2 lost email addresses that BB10 decided it didn't recognise anymore. I won't retell the whole story but to finally get my phone functioning properly again I had to deliberately brick it. I have been with BB10 since day 1 and have picked up a trick or two about how to keep it running functionally.

Anyhow, it's been a few days since I fixed the OS and now I have all my apps back except for Snap which is due to a developer error and not due to the OS. I must say that the improvements don't jump right out at you immediately but now I'm finally figuring out what this update was truly about. Yes, the updated security certs make it the most secure OS on the market, but the OS feels brand new, more than any other update since 10.2.1.. Android apps run as smooth as if they were native and Colbalt's Android solution has never felt keener or more solid. Even BB native apps have a bit more spring in their step, in fact the whole device feels 'fixed'.

There are still issues that I would hope will be fixed in the future but in the meantime I'm going to enjoy this update for precisely what it is: A major freshening that was desperately needed.

How is it settling down for everyone else?
    Last edited by Mann Incognito; 12-10-2016 at 11:07 AM.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    Still mixed bag, as I stated in other thread.

The bad and not so bad:

Can't back up with Link (but using Ultimate Backup and set Password Keeper to backup to the BlackBerry Cloud)

Wifi calling turns off or disconnects at night, but worse the device doesn't fail over to mobile network calls, so device can't take calls (but cycling wifi off and back on restores wifi calling, and I turn off WiFi when I'm sleeping)

Time stamps on files on microSD card are off, apparently by the UTC offset of the local time (this is apparently an old bug in BB10, except I wasn't affected in the past, but no big deal as the time stamps are really correct and I can ignore this for a while)

The good:

Wifi calling does work. Also, you can download the T-mobile wifi calling app from BlackBerry World if you follow the link in the Knowledge Base article for T-Mobile WiFi calling (no need to sideload it)

Typing on the full Web version of forums like this works good now

Anti-Phishing in browser

Updated certificate authority information in browser

The best:

BB10 is still alive. Who knows for how much longer. But we have it for now, and it was just updated.
    - Ira

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
    Still mixed bag, as I stated in other thread.

The bad and not so bad:

Can't back up with Link (but using Ultimate Backup and set Password Keeper to backup to the BlackBerry Cloud)

Wifi calling turns off or disconnects at night, but worse the device doesn't fail over to mobile network calls, so device can't take calls (but cycling wifi off and back on restores wifi calling, and I turn off WiFi when I'm sleeping)

Time stamps on files on microSD card are off, apparently by the UTC offset of the local time (this is apparently an old bug in BB10, except I wasn't affected in the past, but no big deal as the time stamps are really correct and I can ignore this for a while)

The good:

Wifi calling does work. Also, you can download the T-mobile wifi calling app from BlackBerry World if you follow the link in the Knowledge Base article for T-Mobile WiFi calling (no need to sideload it)

Typing on the full Web version of forums like this works good now

Anti-Phishing in browser

Updated certificate authority information in browser

The best:

BB10 is still alive. Who knows for how much longer. But we have it for now, and it was just updated.
    For you night-time WiFi issues, maybe check your Bedside Mode settings, I went through the same thing with the last update and it took me months to figure out that BSM had a settings mode LOL. Seemed to solve the same issues you have.

Link has always been hit and miss for me. I found it works best with WiFi Connections switched off but it still struggles. I think I've been able to get a back up running about 25% of the time, and only about 25% of those carry through to completion. If you're looking for a more convenient and reliable back up you can run them through Sachesi, I've never had a problem.

I haven't checked Blend out yet but with it now being unsupported I'm imagining it's just going to be a matter of time before it's useless. Shame, best piece of SW BB has come put with for quite some time.

Have you any apps from Amazon/Snap/Cobalt? Just wondering how they're running for you if you do.

Sent from my Passport using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Unlocked Rogers Blackberry Q10 | LG Nexus-4 | Samsung Nexus-S
    Carrier(s)
    Fido | Rogers Prepaid | LycaMobile US | Bell | T-Mobile Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I think it bricked my Blackberry Passport after I powered it off.

After having upgraded last week (mid-week), this weekend, I powered off my Passport during the entire weekend and powered it on this morning and it boots up but is completely unusable.

It only shows messages from the point that I powered off my Passport and when I try to select the messages to read, it doesn't do anything. I also pulled the menu down and tried to go into settings but it just flashes briefly and then goes into my Blackberry desktop home screen.

I might try entering the password incorrectly a few times to see I can wipe it but I'm trying to see if it corrects itself or not since if I manage to wipe it (without being able to get into Settings), I will lose the contents of my microSD card which is encrypted. :-(
    Last edited by lmcjipo; 12-12-2016 at 08:24 AM.
    Unlimited Fido Data Plan: Netgear Aircard LTE Mobile Hotspot

My Tech Blog

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    BIG MISTAKE for me.

I decided to do a security factory reset after unsuccessfully trying to get my Blackberry to a usable state and now it is completely bricked with an error message on the screen www.bberror.com/bb10-0010. Since I couldn't get into the Settings menu, I decided just to type in the password incorrectly 10 times and it initiated a security wipe. In the middle of the security wipe, I got the www.bberror.com/bb10-0010 message (my Passport had plenty of power and was plugged into an AC charger at the moment).

I posted something in the Blackberry Support Forums. Hopefully I can get it to a usable state

Name:  15419730_10155012146517313_88110758896640222_o.jpg
Views: 2225
Size:  58.9 KB
    Last edited by lmcjipo; 12-12-2016 at 09:10 AM. Reason: bricked phone

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo View Post
    BIG MISTAKE for me.

I decided to do a security factory reset after unsuccessfully trying to get my Blackberry to a usable state and now it is completely bricked with an error message on the screen www.bberror.com/bb10-0010. Since I couldn't get into the Settings menu, I decided just to type in the password incorrectly 10 times and it initiated a security wipe. In the middle of the security wipe, I got the www.bberror.com/bb10-0010 message (my Passport had plenty of power and was plugged into an AC charger at the moment).

I posted something in the Blackberry Support Forums. Hopefully I can get it to a usable state

Name:  15419730_10155012146517313_88110758896640222_o.jpg
Views: 2225
Size:  58.9 KB
    This was the message I was looking to get when I deliberately bricked my Passport (sometimes you have to break a bone to set it straight).

Power your phone off, reboot and let it get to the error message, leave it for a while and it should switch itself off again, if not, power it down manually and reboot again. Do this about 5 times and then hook up your phone via USB to your computer and Link should take care of the rest.

EDIT: BlackBerry seems to think that you can just go ahead and connect to Link when you first see the flash, no on/off. That's not how it's worked for me in the past but here's their KB page on the subject:

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000033480

Either way, BB10 is a very resilient OS and I've never heard of someone actually, truly bricking their device before. It seems there's always a fix.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    My wifi calling issue isn't related to bedside mode. I tried cycling bedside mode, tried locking and unlocking, tried power saving mode.

I suspect the cause is that I have the device on a shelf by an outlet with the A/C adapters plugged in. These I know interfere with watches and clocks nearby that sync with the atomic clock via radio. I also believe the RF interference from these A/C adapters makes trouble with bluetooth connection when pairing. I did try and moving the device another 6 or 9 inches away. I haven't yet tried locating the device far away yet. I just turn off wifi when I'm sleeping, for now.

About that 0010 error. Hope it's solved. Maybe already answered, but if Link won't connect and reload the OS, using an autloader is the solution.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann Incognito View Post
    This was the message I was looking to get when I deliberately bricked my Passport (sometimes you have to break a bone to set it straight).

Power your phone off, reboot and let it get to the error message, leave it for a while and it should switch itself off again, if not, power it down manually and reboot again. Do this about 5 times and then hook up your phone via USB to your computer and Link should take care of the rest.

EDIT: BlackBerry seems to think that you can just go ahead and connect to Link when you first see the flash, no on/off. That's not how it's worked for me in the past but here's their KB page on the subject:

http://support.blackberry.com/kb/art...mber=000033480

Either way, BB10 is a very resilient OS and I've never heard of someone actually, truly bricking their device before. It seems there's always a fix.
    Thanks for your help.

I managed to fix it with your instructions above. I lost all the files on my microSD card since my microSD card was encrypted but I knew this when I was forced to wipe my BlackBerry since even though it booted up, nothing worked (could not run any apps, could not go into Settings, Hub screen only showed e-mail since I powered off but I could not read any of the e-mails on my Hub, etc.)

With all the apps/APKs that I've installed/uninstalled over the ~2 years that I've had my Passport, I was thinking of wiping my BlackBerry Passport and starting from scratch and this 10.3.3 update sort of forced me to do it.

Having to re-setup my GAuth app was a major nuisance but I managed to get my accounts back onto 2 factor authentication with my reinstalled Gauth app.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lmcjipo View Post
    Thanks for your help.

I managed to fix it with your instructions above. I lost all the files on my microSD card since my microSD card was encrypted but I knew this when I was forced to wipe my BlackBerry since even though it booted up, nothing worked (could not run any apps, could not go into Settings, Hub screen only showed e-mail since I powered off but I could not read any of the e-mails on my Hub, etc.)

With all the apps/APKs that I've installed/uninstalled over the ~2 years that I've had my Passport, I was thinking of wiping my BlackBerry Passport and starting from scratch and this 10.3.3 update sort of forced me to do it.

Having to re-setup my GAuth app was a major nuisance but I managed to get my accounts back onto 2 factor authentication with my reinstalled Gauth app.
    Glad you fixed it.

And you're right about scrubbing your device every now and then, it really does give it a new lease on life but on top of that I genuinely believe this update makes things even springier and smoother again. My Android apps are running better than they ever have done before too.

My SD card died during this process too although in my case it's probably due to me constantly swapping it from device to device during the time I was fiddling with my Passport that did it. I think my 650 DS tried to automatically reformat the card at one point and that probably had a lot to do with it. Fortunately, having learned the hard way from previous security wipes and such I had backed up my card to my laptop before I bollocked everything up.

Once you've settled with it I'd be interested to know what you think of the update.

Cheers!

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Freedom Mobile
    Feedback Score
    10.3.3 feels pretty much the same to me.

One problem I noticed is that my text messages stopped giving me the delivery notification. A quick toggle of the settings fixed that issue.
    Motorola DPC 550, Mitsubishi G310, Panasonic A102, Motorola V60, Sony Ericsson W200, Sony Ericsson C510a, Motorola XT502, HTC Desire V, LG Optimus L9, Samsung T159, LG G2, Huawei U2801, BlackBerry Z30, BlackBerry Passport SE (short lived), BlackBerry Passport (White), BlackBerry DTEK60 (short lived), BlackBerry Priv, Essential Phone.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    There is another OTA upgrade rolling out now.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by aiharkness View Post
    There is another OTA upgrade rolling out now.
    Just got the alert. Going to sit this one out until it's shown to be stable.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Passport
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    The wifi calling issue I mentioned above may be solved. Don't know yet.

I made two changes. Did the upgrade yesterday -- now PassportSQW100-4/10.3.3.2163 -- but also didn't sleep at home last night.

So I am on a different wifi and at a different location. Wifi calling was still connected this morning, I tested, and it works.

Could be I'm right about interference from the A/C adapters or perhaps it's the wifi or else it's the OS.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Key2
    Carrier(s)
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Ran it this morning and all seems fine. My carrier doesn't offer WiFi calling yet so I can't test that out but Bluetooth has connected to everything I've thrown at it so far, but then I never had an issue with it after the first update.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mann Incognito View Post
    Just got the alert. Going to sit this one out until it's shown to be stable.
    I just checked for an update and I must have accidentally configured my Passport to automatically download & install it since it is immediately downloading 10.3.3.1435 (size of 811 MB).

Hopefully it updates successfully. I don't want to have to reconfigure my Blackberry Passport from scratch again.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast