Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Why is tmobile pull all prepaid phones from stores

Device(s)
    Iphone 8 Plus; Iphone SE; Samsung S9 +, Iphone XS*
    Carrier(s)
    Xfinity Mobile by VZW =) , T-Mobile Metropcs :)
    Feedback Score

Why is tmobile pull all prepaid phones from stores

I noticed my family needs to upgrade put tmobile prepaid is not available in target and bestbuy all phones have been pulled? Doe anyone know anything about this?

Does a simple mobile phone compatible with T-Mobile prepaid for is locked to tracphone.
    "Fudge a Contract its So 1990's"

"Service has been amazing and easy to setup, it runs on native vzw"
    AT&T WIRELESS, SPRINT PCS, T-MOBILE USA, at&t, Verizon Prepaid, T-Mobile from 2/2017 - 5/2017 - Cricket 5/17 - 6/17, X-Mobile 6/17 - 12/17 - US Mobile 12/17 & M.PCS 12/17 - 7/18 X-Finity Mobile 7/18 - Present

Device(s)
    iPhone 11, Moto G7 Power
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T, Three UK
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vtecsohc View Post
    I noticed my family needs to upgrade put tmobile prepaid is not available in target and bestbuy all phones have been pulled? Doe anyone know anything about this?

Does a simple mobile phone compatible with T-Mobile prepaid for is locked to tracphone.
    I don't know why that happened but I think Walmart may still sell them in store.

Sent from my LGLS740 using HoFo mobile app
    Home Entertainment: Xfinity Double Play with 140+ channels and 100 Megs per second internet.

Landline: Google Voice

Mobile Entertainment: AT&T Prepaid as primary, Three UK sim as secondary.

Device(s)
    Moto G6, Nokia 6.1
    Carrier(s)
    T- Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Both Walmart stores near me still have t-mo phones, but the selection is very limited and mostly very low end. It used to be that Family Mobile phones would work, but they are locked down and you would have to pay to unlock them. Walmart has a lot of t-mo phones on their website. The Bestbuy near me does not have any t-mo phones and there are none on their website either. I have no idea why. There is always a t-mo store or their website.

Feedback Score
    Kroger has a few T-Mobile prepaid phones but they are pretty low end. I think the last time I was there they had 2 different phones.

Sent from my Wonderful LG Phoenix 2

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Maybe they want you to go to their store?? There is no T-mobile here in town. Closest one is in Greenwood, about 40 min drive. Too much hassle.

Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Or maybe just get a GoPhone and unlock it?

Device(s)
    LG G Stylo
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile wants you to go to its stores, specifically it's Metro PCS stores. See this article: http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2016...-t-mobile.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotadimple View Post
    T-Mobile wants you to go to its stores, specifically it's Metro PCS stores. See this article: http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2016...-t-mobile.html
    Good concise article.

Most of what's written is click-bait, doesn't provide an answer to headline, sloppily written or just worthless palaver.
    If my actions include deeds of philanthropy in charity and acts of loving kindness I am living in my Faith.

Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 5GB exp 09.27.20
    Red Pocket (AT&T) UTnT 1GB exp 02.12.20
    T-Mobile Gold Rewards $10yr exp 01.11.21
    Tello x2 (Sprint) $5 1-use/3mo no exp by 04.11.20

Feedback Score
    I don't know why they didn't just kill the Metro PCS brand. I would NEVER use Metro PCS. Why would you want a phone service that everyone knows is prepaid.

Hop, Skip, and a Jump from Tijuana, Mexico
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WishIWasHer View Post
    I don't know why they didn't just kill the Metro PCS brand. I would NEVER use Metro PCS. Why would you want a phone service that everyone knows is prepaid.
    Why does it matter what everyone else thinks or knows?
    MOBILE HISTORY:
    TM
    * 16: Moto X Pure 64GB Black
    TM, Telcel, ATT
    * 15: Note 3, ZE600, 2720
    * 14: Galaxy Avant, Z600
    Sprint/ATT
    * 12: GS3, 2720
    Nextel/Boost/ATT
    * 10: BB8350i, 2720
    * 09: i9, BB7520
    * 08: Tilt, i450
    * 07: W810i, A707, 8125, BlackJack
    * 06: L6, Z520, 6682
    VZ/TM/ATT
    * 05: 7135, i600, V551, 6230, 6620, Z600
    * 04: V300, T610, 6035, 3390
    * 03: T720C
    * 02: Advx CDM4000, 9000, 9155GPX, Thera

Feedback Score
    The question is why would you not use a prepaid service? When you get better value and the coverage of T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon. I left Sprint out on purpose.

Feedback Score
    i got my first prepaid phone from T-Mobile in target. i think target is a place a lot of new customers buy their phones.

i think new customers are less likely to buy in a metropcs store or online so they will lose business if not in target.

Device(s)
    A bunch
    Carrier(s)
    Most of them
    Feedback Score
    MetroPCS service is literally exactly the same as prepaid branded T-Mobile. Uses the same APNs and everything. It's not like Cricket, which provides a sub-par, degraded AT&T experience.

The MetroPCS $60 unlimited plan is a great value, I used it for a few months as my primary before I switched back to Verizon. I still keep a line on the T-Mobile $30 plan though, as that tier isn't offered through Metro.

As for why? Simple, they want more postpaid and less prepaid customers on their books. By making it harder to find and activate prepaid phones and lines, they probably think they'll gain more postpaid customers.

Whether that is a sound strategy is yet to be seen.

Device(s)
    LG G Stylo
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandelstamm1 View Post
    The question is why would you not use a prepaid service? When you get better value and the coverage of T-Mobile, AT&T or Verizon. I left Sprint out on purpose.
    Why spend more than you have to for something you don't use?

The difference on TMO is 1) voice and data roaming 2) Canada and Mexico Coverage, and 3) Taxes and Fees that can add 30% to the bill. If your budget isn't impacted by costs starting at $40/month ($30/month on the secret plan) and rising to $70 a month, then using the carrier is a solution. If its Verizon or ATT it will cost you even more.

However, if one doesn't travel outside the native coverage area, doesn't talk text or surf the net heavily, why go with the full service carrier? Especially when the monthly cost for a low volume user is 1/4th the cost as TMO's lowest cost plan? That's right: $10 a month (or even lower if you work at it).

You get what you pay for with an MVNO. And with some you can control exactly what you pay for. So it's a matter of spending money for a gallon of milk when you would only use a quart. You pay the premium for thinking you get more of something that you will never use.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11
    Carrier(s)
    310-150
    Feedback Score
    It's sort of crazy how T-Mobile has removed their presence from just about every retailer near me (Walmart, Target, Best Buy, etc.) other than maybe a refill card or two. Years ago, my first phone was through T-Mobile To Go because I could buy a SIM locally and use an unlocked hand-me-down phone from a friend. It seems now, they don't really have an interest in that market or service unless you go to one of their retail stores or order online. On the other hand, I could get AT&T GoPhone SIMs and Verizon (!) BYOD SIMs from just about all of those places.

Now that we're about two months out from this change, does anyone know what the thought process was to pull out of any sort of retail sales was? Is it benefitting them? I get moving away from prepaid or pushing MetroPCS to keep the T-Mobile brand a bit more higher-end, but it seems like they could be losing potential customers, especially in towns where there isn't a T-Mobile store. It also kind of gives the impression that Sprint is a better operation (at least for those who don't know), since Walmart/Target/Best Buy sell postpaid from Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint and prepaid from Verizon, AT&T, and Sprint (as Boost/Virgin).

I used to recommend to anyone who had a cellular iPad to pick up a T-Mobile SIM if they didn't have the Apple SIM since the prepaid service was so cheap (not to mention the free data for life promotion) and you could get a SIM just about everywhere. Now, suggesting going to a store (which may be a bit out of the way) or ordering online (which requires extra steps than if you happened to be shopping anyway) might be too much of a stretch to be an impulse purchase.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast