Thread: Just need wrist band with vibration for calls, texts, etc.

Feedback Score

Just need wrist band with vibration for calls, texts, etc.

I have a combination of reasons for looking for this. Because of a profound hearing loss and not always wearing my hearing aid when at home I can not reliably receive cell phone calls etc. Flashing the camera LED helps but I can easily get out of range of that. For example even back turned to the phone can make a difference in realizing a flash is coming from that and not on TV or reflecting off the windshield of a car going by and seen through a window. Then there is the case of if I go to a different room than where the phone is. Don't just suggest putting the phone in a pocket — as a woman I don't always have a pocket in what I am wearing!

I want to keep the cost down as much as possible and don't know how safe and reliable the apps needed for the truly low cost ones are. I don't care about it counting steps giving heart rate etc.

What do you suggest? By the way, I am a woman!

Feedback Score
    Why wear a vibrating wristband, why not just wear a watch that makes and receives phone calls? The Samsung Gear S3 can be set to ring or vibrate upon receiving a call. I'm guessing that the LG Urbane 2 can do that also. The upcoming new AW watches should also have that capability.

Device(s)
    iPhone X 256 GB Space Gray
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I bought a Moto 360 1st Gen for $60 used earlier this summer. It vibrates pretty loudly and I definitely feel it when I'm getting a call or text. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by afblangley View Post
    Why wear a vibrating wristband, why not just wear a watch that makes and receives phone calls? The Samsung Gear S3 can be set to ring or vibrate upon receiving a call. I'm guessing that the LG Urbane 2 can do that also. The upcoming new AW watches should also have that capability.
    Because I can't hear what the other person is saying and thus use an app on the phone that gives me captions. A larger screen is needed to see that. So, why go to what I expect would be the additional expense of the watch.

Feedback Score
    Sorry, I am not aware of any vibrating watch bands. The closest I've seen is a Kickstarter campaign for Signl, a cool concept (wristband that transmits sound waves up the arm to the eardrum) that has yet to come to fruition.