Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars

Currently with Koodo looking to change to Virgin

I am currently with Koodo and looking to switch to Virgin. I heard that Virgins network is better than Kodoo. I was with Fido and was not happy at all.

I heard also Virgin uses the LTE Advanced network. I am currently using a unlocked S7.

I am in the Toronto area and is the switch worth it?

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Virgin is a Bell subsidiary and Koodo is a Telus subsidiary, Bell and Telus use the same radio network nationwide and have the same spectrum licenses nationwide, this effectively makes coverage and the carrier aggregation (LTE advanced) schemes on both networks the same. The difference between the two at this point comes down to the core network, which can have an impact on speed. Generally, Bell's network is rated faster than Telus's but this is not true in every part of the country. Personally, if your features and price are the same (or cheaper) on Virgin, then sure, switch, but I definitely wouldn't pay a premium for Bell based on the network over Telus.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by crab9000 View Post
    Virgin is a Bell subsidiary and Koodo is a Telus subsidiary, Bell and Telus use the same radio network nationwide and have the same spectrum licenses nationwide, this effectively makes coverage and the carrier aggregation (LTE advanced) schemes on both networks the same. The difference between the two at this point comes down to the core network, which can have an impact on speed. Generally, Bell's network is rated faster than Telus's but this is not true in every part of the country. Personally, if your features and price are the same (or cheaper) on Virgin, then sure, switch, but I definitely wouldn't pay a premium for Bell based on the network over Telus.
    I see I am actually on the 6gb QC plan with Kodoo...btw is it possible to get the MB/QC plan from Virgin by following the same process?

Thanks

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Only if you have an MB or QC number, AFAIK there isn't a loophole for other area codes on Virgin like there is with Koodo unless you luck out and get a rep who will do it manually for you.

Carrier(s)
    VMC
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Quote Originally Posted by ninety5teg View Post
    I see I am actually on the 6gb QC plan with Kodoo...btw is it possible to get the MB/QC plan from Virgin by following the same process?

Thanks
    Just wondering how you managed to get a QC plan? I am in the Toronto area as well and after a few attempts dealing with Virgin's retention department in getting a QC plan I have not had any success. Even being that I have been a customer for 11 yrs they would not budge. I realize you are with Koodos but I'm just curious if there was a specific process you went through or is it simply that Koodos retention department is more generous?
    Last edited by Modie; 12-27-2016 at 08:30 PM.

Device(s)
    iPhone8
    Carrier(s)
    Koodo, Freedom, Public
    Feedback Score
    vBActivity - Stats
    vBActivity - Bars
    Don't do it