Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Slow LTE speed on Fido LTE network Anybody else??

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 64GB
    Carrier(s)
    Fido, Koodo
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by darn View Post
    Rogers throttles Fido. Known issue.
    False. I have a Fido personal phone and a Rogers work phone. Both get the same speeds pretty consistently (from the same locations)
    trekkie604 [ Phone Photos ]

Device(s)
    iPhone 5 64GB / Nexus 4 / BB Q5
    Carrier(s)
    Fido / Wind / Telus
    Feedback Score
    All the flanker brands are traffic shaped. It just depends on network congestion to the extent of the shaping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by trek. View Post
    false. I have a fido personal phone and a rogers work phone. Both get the same speeds pretty consistently (from the same locations)
    x2

………………
    Disclaimer: All my posts, replies, comments and/or opinions expressed on www.howardforums.com are my own contribution only. The views expressed on this page do not necessarily represent or reflect the views of Fido, its management or employees.
    Fritz Z24...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QS2k5 View Post
    All the flanker brands are traffic shaped. It just depends on network congestion to the extent of the shaping.

Where are you getting this information from? Can you share details?
    It's definitely false for Bell and Telus, I'm not sure about Rogers.

Device(s)
    Iphone 6 Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by QS2k5 View Post

I can't find proof of it anywhere on the internet. In fact I can find only proof of Fido, and Koodo saying that they do not throttle or traffic shape... so I'm calling it out as false until I see otherwise.

Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_2258 View Post
    I can't find proof of it anywhere on the internet. In fact I can find only proof of Fido, and Koodo saying that they do not throttle or traffic shape... so I'm calling it out as false until I see otherwise.
    It's true according to the Rogers employees I've spoken to but not in the way people would think. It only happens if a tower is congested. Then priority kicks in. Rogers, Fido, Chatr, and when Mobilicity was around them. Only happens when necessary from what I was told. There will never be anything in writing because that's a Pandora's box that no one wants opened. But hey if Fido's average speed is around 17 mbs or whatever and it occasionally dips to 8, depending on what the person is doing they should still be ok.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1516176502.154899.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  28.3 KB

This is what you get with the king mobility provider TELUS LTE with 23ms ping time. I am so happy that I PORTED to Telus $60/mo unlimited nationwide + 10GB LTE+ plus free addon such as unlimited North America roaming ALL for $60/mo BYOP NO AGREEMENT ........ HO HO HO ! ! !

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyHunter76 View Post

This is what you get with the king mobility provider TELUS LTE with 23ms ping time. I am so happy that I PORTED to Telus $60/mo unlimited nationwide + 10GB LTE+ plus free addon such as unlimited North America roaming ALL for $60/mo BYOP NO AGREEMENT ........ HO HO HO ! ! !
    No such thing as ‘free N/A roaming’ this TELUS plan isn’t a N/A plan. I think you mean it has easy roam enabled. If otherwise please post a photo of the ‘free N/A roaming’ add on from the app under ‘add ons’.

Device(s)
    iPhone X
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Ho Ho Ho https://imgur.com/a/esO8G Also I don’t know how you got North America roaming that’s not a thing from what I know. In general Telus has one of the worse roamings $7 for 20 days I believe compared to Rogers/Fido $6 day for 10 day. I’m from Vancouver thou so I don’t know exactly where your from because the Rogers network is bad from what I’ve heard in the east. But I’m vancouver it’s the best and the only one who works at all of the skytrains which is a win for me.

Feedback Score
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1516603079.719194.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  30.5 KB

This speed test taken from underground parking lot with cement wall round. It's super fast compare to fido were speed were only 8-12 Mb/s from the same location.

Telus you made it

Feedback Score
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1516603949.123536.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  32.6 KB

Those who said wifi logo is showing in the pic take this. So we have a UFC competition between TELUS and FIDO PULS

Feedback Score
    Name:  ImageUploadedByHoFo1516603079.719194.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  30.5 KB

This speed test taken from underground parking lot with cement wall round. It's super fast compare to fido were speed were only 8-12 Mb/s from the same location.

Telus you made it
    I agree Bellus has the Biggest/Fastest/Larger Network then Rogers. That is Just the Fact However for most Major Cities where Rogers has Coverage they are almost just as Good as Bellus. Location is everything so in some location where Rogers has coverage they are Better then Bellus

Device(s)
    iPhone XS, iPad Mini 2, MacBook Pro 2013 13”, Apple TV 4.
    Carrier(s)
    TELUS
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, they apparently have LTE-Advanced. But, on my iPhone X, with full signal, I have speeds around 33-38 Mbps.

Sent from my iPhone X on Fido’s network using Tapatalk Pro.

Device(s)
    X10, 32A
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score

Switched from Rogers to Fido

Was on Microcell (Fido) when they expanded West, switched to Rogers for 12+ years. Switched back to Fido last month.
    Thus far, in and around Greater Vancouver, I have experience about the same LTE speeds between the two. Doubt Rogers throttles Fido back, unless perhaps towers are congested or something.

Below, roughly 20m ago - near Broadway Station (Vancouver).

Name:  rps20180123_085447_850.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  42.5 KB

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3