Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rogers EXT

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Rogers EXT

It seems that I can now set my phone to work on EXT anywhere I am now. Before you had to be in a location without Rogers coverage.
    Is this now normal ? It comes in very handy as it's like having 2 full networks. As long as you don't use more than 50 percent

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P, OnePlus One, Moto E 2nd gen.
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    I've noticed this as well happening in parking lots and other areas. Seems to work throughout Metro Vancouver for me, whereas before I had to be in further out areas to get it to work.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    I find I can register on EXT in a good number of places, however I still can't register in most parts of Southern Ontario (GTA, KW, Hamilton)

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    Fido
    Feedback Score
    I'm posting this after forcing EXT in an area deep into Victoria's Rogers footprint, so it does seem that EXT is unshackled for me at the moment as well.
    Asus ROG Phone -- SIM 1: Rogers (10GB + unlimited) -- SIM 2: Public Mobile (talk/text/250 MB)

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Hmmmm, interesting. If Rogers has indeed allowed this, it would make being with them very enticing...

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    What is EXT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Fuelled by rice

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by racerboy88 View Post
    What is EXT?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Roaming on the Bellus network basically

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Fido reps told me that EXT is unblocked all over canada. As long as you use < 50% on EXT you are good.

Edit: You can use EXT in edmonton.
    Last edited by xtachx; 12-31-2016 at 12:55 AM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    On my end, I can't get EXT in the GTA and outlying areas (I'm in KW and cannot register when trying it now). I find EXT starts east at Northumberland County, north at Simcoe County, south around Haldimand and west at Perth/Oxford counties. Curious to see if anyone has different experiences as it would be great if EXT worked everywhere, I think Rogers is a bit more permissive around opening up EXT LAC's outside of the Greater Toronto/Montreal area.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score

Rogers EXT

^That's how it was designed to work. If you're within the Rogers network footprint (even if it's just a very weak EDGE signal), it shouldn't connect to EXT and you shouldn't be allowed to force it to connect to EXT. Hopefully the experience of some on this thread is an indication that Rogers is changing strategy and hopefully they do it for the entire country.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6
    Carrier(s)
    The Big-T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    ^That's how it was designed to work. If you're within the Rogers network footprint (even if it's just a very weak EDGE signal), it shouldn't connect to EXT and you shouldn't be allowed to force it to connect to EXT. Hopefully the experience of some on this thread is an indication that Rogers is changing strategy and hopefully they do it for the entire country.
    Well how about if I told you that Fido reps have told me that you are allowed to connect to EXT anywhere in the country as long as 50% of your usage is within the Fido / Rogers Network. They actually said that I have that saved on my Facebook, so maybe this is the new norm!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using HoFo mobile app

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    I haven't come across anywhere I cannot connect for a few weeks. This is great considering I was complaining about areas with no service not being able to connect before.
    This leap frogs Rogers over TELUS and BELL in my opinion. You basically have 2 full networks to work with

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers, Telus, Bell
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by toolcube View Post
    Yes, hopefully they will open it up everywhere. I can force EXT but only in the LAC's it is allowed in, Rogers signal or not. When I was in Kapuskasing (one of the few holdouts for Rogers on 2G) I manually selected EXT so I could use Bell's LTE, even though I had full bars of edge.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by steven81 View Post
    This leap frogs Rogers over TELUS and BELL in my opinion. You basically have 2 full networks to work with
    Except it's not a seamless transition from one network to the other (calls will get dropped etc) but yes I agree...it would give Rogers some advantage.

BTW, I tried to force my wife's Rogers phone to connect to EXT but no dice. We're in Vaughan (GTA) Southern Ontario, so it doesn't work here......yet.

Carrier(s)
    Telus
    Feedback Score
    For those trying to force ext. are you trying both of them ? If you have 2. For me one always works but the other doesn't.
    I have gotten used to switching it over manually before I go places. For instance Rogers doesn't work at my gym so I switch it over before I leave home and switch it back when I get home

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast