Thread: iPhone 6 user out of contract. Does it make sense to go pre-paid?

Feedback Score

iPhone 6 user out of contract. Does it make sense to go pre-paid?

I have an iPhone 6 Plus which I've been using on the Verizon 2GB post-paid loyalty plan which is $60/month. I've been out of contract since October. Looking at the new Verizon post-paid plans, I could go to the 4gb plan which would also cost $60 a month including the line access fee and my employee discount.

I've been reading about the 7gb Walmart pre-paid plan and was wondering if I should consider going in that direction instead? How difficult is it to switch? Is it a matter of buying the sim at walmart and swapping into my iPhone? Do I get to keep my same phone number?

I like Verizon's service but it seems that $60 a month for 2gb is a bad deal compared to other options. At first I was just going to go to the 4gb post-paid plan, but I really have no intention of upgrading my iPhone 6 until the 8 comes out. I'm not a huge data user although some months I have come up short with only 2gb so getting more data for less monthly fee than I'm paying now would be a plus.

Thoughts?

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score

iPhone 6 user out of contract. Does it make sense to go pre-paid?

If you don't have the need to upgrade or finance a new iPhone, prepaid would work out perfectly for you. Also will pay less fees as the only thing you pay is sales tax and a couple fees, which isn't much at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    Thanks. Do I need to wait for the last day of my billing cycle to switch or can I switch at any time since I'm out of contract? If verizon is going to bill be for a whole month then I guess I have to wait until the end of January. My only concern is I don't want to miss out of the Walmart promo for the 2 extra gb.

Device(s)
    Iphone 3G and now the Iphone 4
    Carrier(s)
    Metro PCS
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by acurazrule View Post
    Thanks. Do I need to wait for the last day of my billing cycle to switch or can I switch at any time since I'm out of contract? If verizon is going to bill be for a whole month then I guess I have to wait until the end of January. My only concern is I don't want to miss out of the Walmart promo for the 2 extra gb.
    You can use any of the MVNO that are Verizon partners and some include the fees and taxes into the whole price. I have Metropcs unlimited everything for 60 no taxes or extra fees.