Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Cheap places to refill V.4 (2017)

Device(s)
    Moto E (T-Mo); LG Fiesta 2 (PPC)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile Prepaid & Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    @taoman: Am I right about the direct application of the refill from Megasaver? There's no way they'll email you the PIN, right?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whacker View Post
    @taoman: Am I right about the direct application of the refill from Megasaver? There's no way they'll email you the PIN, right?
    Not taoman, but you are correct: they will not email the PIN. They applied multiple PINs almost instantly today when I refilled my family's lines, but I understand that sometimes you want to have the PIN on hand to apply it when you need it. I will say I once ordered during off-hours by accident and they still applied the PINs within half an hour, which I did not expect. (I stack them a couple of weeks in advance so I can get that off my to-do list!)

Device(s)
    Pixel2 XL iPhone SE
    Carrier(s)
    VZW prepaid, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    That's been my experience. I think it's a fraud issue. Much less chance of fraud if you give your phone number and they refill your account directly.

Some Verizon prepaid refill card sellers on eBay are going this route also rather than giving you the actual PINs. When I've asked them about it they say it's to avoid fraud. However, half the time after I give them my phone number they give me the PINs anyway.

Device(s)
    Samsung S9
    Carrier(s)
    Freedompop, T-Mobile PayGo, PagePlus, Tello, Tracfone
    Feedback Score
    Hrm. I must have read wrong from this thread but megasaver does not work for pageplus pay as you go. I added a $10 one time in the dropdown and they deposited a date stacked card that doesn't seem to apply to prepay as if I try to activate it on the webpage; it says you will lose your existing balance.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Refilled two separate PPC lines of service (Standard Plan PAYGO) with $10 amounts this morning from the MegaSaver website (which adds directly - no PINs passed to me). I used PayPal for payment in two separate transactions.

No snags. Additions were reflected almost immediately (at least within a couple of minutes), verified at my PPC website account. $9.61 total each using code "HOWARD".

Feedback Score
    Refilled two separate PPC lines of service (Standard Plan PAYGO) with $10 amounts this morning from the MegaSaver website (which adds directly - no PINs passed to me). I used PayPal for payment in two separate transactions.

No snags. Additions were reflected almost immediately (at least within a couple of minutes), verified at my PPC website account. $9.61 total each using code "HOWARD".
    Just did the same. PayPal was charged once and only one of the $10 pins came in so I expect the 2nd one will come later.

Thanks for the tip, guys.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Did my routine PPC Standard Plan refill of two lines from Megasaver just now. Same as Post #65 above.

Strangely, in the week's run-up to this date, I get notification texts from PPC to both lines, first one that I have seven days remaining, then one that I have three days remaining. But, after the Megasaver refill to both, I get a confirmation text to only one of the lines ("Card no. xxxx... has been applied..."). I routinely go to the PPC website to confirm the balance to both for certainty. No problems.

Additional comments: After first posting this, about three hours after verifying on the PPC website that the funds had been added, the line of service that didn't get the confirmation SMS notification of same DID receive an SMS that I had only one service day left (indicating that part of their mechanism didn't even know the funds had been added in that large gap of time. So funny.).
    Last edited by whacker; 11-10-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Feedback Score
    Refilled $10 card today using HOWARD. Loaded to phone immediately. No issue.

Feedback Score
    Are pin refills a think of the past, now? I can't see them listed on megasaver. I still have money on my old phone.

Device(s)
    Moto G
    Carrier(s)
    Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ballo View Post
    Are pin refills a think of the past, now? I can't see them listed on megasaver. I still have money on my old phone.
    I just got a $10 paygo PIN from Megasaver in December. Pretty sure I used this order page:

https://megasaver.com/products/page-plus-refill

You're right, though. It's a pretty poor effort on their part in differentiating the paygo from the monthly refills. The paygo refills should be the $10/$25/$50/$80 items in the drop-down menu, corresponding to the amounts on Page Plus's own ordering page.

https://www.pagepluscellular.com/refill/

Note that Megasaver will only directly load the refill onto your phone. They no longer offer the option of sending you your PIN.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by EliZ View Post
    I just got a $10 paygo PIN from Megasaver in December. Pretty sure I used this order page:
    Are they charging taxes and fees?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by loboheeler View Post
    Are they charging taxes and fees?
    No, Megasaver does not. And I have used the code "Howard" to get a discount.

Device(s)
    Moto Z4 (Vzw), Moto Z Play (PP)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, Page Plus
    Feedback Score
    I loaded in an $80 (365 day) card I bought from Megasaver. I used the "Howard" code and got a discount, though a relatively small amount (better than nothing). Loaded onto my PagePlus account within a few minutes.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    I'm in the process just now of doing my refill add to two PPC lines using MegaSaver. But things are different this time:

I've only submitted the order for one line (wanted to wait to get the confirmation emails and such before doing the second), and got the confirmation emails from Megasaver and PayPal, but have not gotten confirmation via SMS text from PPC that the PIN has been applied, and it's been well over 40 minutes now. Compare this to all my previous experiences with MegaSaver in this thread where the add was essentially instantaneous.

I wonder how it's going over there at MegaSaver. I didn't want to do Callingmart.com for this, but if the delay extends past an hour I may do so for the second line. Tomorrow is the expiration date for both lines.

Update:

It's coming up on two hours since the transaction, and no sign of a PIN add for the MegaSaver deal. So in the meantime, instead of going with Callingmart.com (which adds $1 to the $10 PIN charge and does not allow application of a coupon code to puny $10 orders - $20 threshold for that perk), I went over to Pinzoo.com and established a new account, which requires (like first timers at Callingmart.com) a verbal human phone call to you to qualify you. That happened in less than five minutes and the PIN was posted on my account immediately, which I then applied directly at the PPC website, which immediately dinged that line with an SMS text confirming the add. See how that's done, MegaSaver? Criminy.

Pinzoo.com, for a single $10 PIN, is a straight-up $10, no discounts and no additional fees. But, wow, I actually got something for my money from them! What a concept!

I'll let the MegaSaver transaction ride for part of the afternoon, and if it doesn't hit my phone during that time I'll go through PayPal and refuse it, then hit up Pinzoo.com for an actual competent business transaction.

I've never liked the idea of relying on a direct add deal. Give me the PIN refill number and let me add it. No "mechanism" on your side to fiddle with potential screw-ups in adding it.

2:41 p.m. Sunday - Approximately four hours since I first posted this and "purchased" a PIN from MegaSaver, and nothing added yet. I've added on Sundays before without a problem. I've responded back to their support email and just now left a message on their Facebook page. Another couple of hours and that's it. They don't list any hours open for Sunday on their website, and I assume that means live humans to talk to.

5:45 p.m. Sunday - Upon returning home after running errands, I checked my phone and had no notification SMS messages from PPC, nor any further emails from MegaSaver.

However, I visited the MegaSaver.com website and looked at my account history. Previously listed orders showing in a row for today's date as "Unfulfilled," this was now showing as "Fulfilled." Hmm... Okay. I went to the PPC website and, lo and behold, $10 had been added! I was curious about when this occurred, and luckily that information exists. The funds were added at 3:46 p.m., an hour after my previous update here, and approximately five hours after my initial transaction. Again, no SMS from PPC and, counter to what MegaSaver wrote in its only email to me ("We will notify you when it has been sent"), I didn't receive any further communications from them.

So, all's well that ends well, I suppose. But in July when the time comes, who do you think I'll be inclined to go with because of this incident? I think I'd forego the $0.39 savings per refill and go with Pinzoo. Maybe it's a Sunday thing - who knows? But the chips fell where they did.
    Last edited by whacker; 03-08-2020 at 05:42 PM.

Feedback Score
    FWIW, I refilled with Megasaver on Sunday morning and the refill happened within minutes.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast