Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 248

Thread: Verizon sending out disconnect letters for UDP plans even if usage is < 100GB

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,331
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    or if just a single month >200GB triggers the action.
    For the last round of disconnect letters, it was a single month above 100GB if you were off contract.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,801
    Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    For the last round of disconnect letters, it was a single month above 100GB if you were off contract.
    Yes, but the single press statement where they said the customers were "significantly above 100GB" blew back on them. That's why it's now 200GB. I suspect you are right, it is a single month... and perhaps, since the account's inception.

    The sad thing is, if they used a strike-and-warning system like Comcast, it would target most of the same 8,200 people... and not draw all this ire.

    And I do mean sad. It's just punitive, and it will probably draw ire from a Trump FCC too. If Verizon does it right, we all benefit. So it's just sad.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    488
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    Yes, but the single press statement where they said the customers were "significantly above 100GB" blew back on them. That's why it's now 200GB. I suspect you are right, it is a single month... and perhaps, since the account's inception.

    The sad thing is, if they used a strike-and-warning system like Comcast, it would target most of the same 8,200 people... and not draw all this ire.

    And I do mean sad. It's just punitive, and it will probably draw ire from a Trump FCC too. If Verizon does it right, we all benefit. So it's just sad.
    Why was the FCC so upset when att and Verizon throttled customers in the past (besides the fact that one or both didn't fully disclose to customers)? And why is it allowing att, sprint, T-Mobile to do it now? And why can't Verizon do that now instead of terminating anyone's service if they don't switch? And if att can bring back unlimited data (being the second largest carrier) why can't Verizon keep it with throttling or whatever they want to call it? And why can't I stop typing while using my unlimited data plan? Lol

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,331
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    Why was the FCC so upset when att and Verizon throttled customers in the past
    Verizon has never throttled anyone on UDP ever who had a 4G LTE device active on their UDP line. This is due to the Band 13 license restrictions.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    488
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    Verizon has never throttled anyone on UDP ever who had a 4G LTE device active on their UDP line. This is due to the Band 13 license restrictions.
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/p...less/13376081/

    Maybe they were trying to and the FCC said no?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    9,801
    Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/p...less/13376081/

    Maybe they were trying to and the FCC said no?
    That's exactly what happened. Verizon tried to slow connections on B13, as well as dyeing tethering on traditional data plans. For the former, Verizon was ordered to stop. For the latter, Verizon agreed to pay a $1 million fine. Mostly symbolic, seeing as they make billions in revenue annually.

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    488
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    That's exactly what happened. Verizon tried to slow connections on B13, as well as dyeing tethering on traditional data plans. For the former, Verizon was ordered to stop. For the latter, Verizon agreed to pay a $1 million fine. Mostly symbolic, seeing as they make billions in revenue annually.
    Damn you Band 13!! Lol

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2,331
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    Maybe they were trying to and the FCC said no?
    Is that the first you have heard of this?

    I know all about it, I lived it. What I said is accurate. You are apparently learning of this for the first time. I already know all about it.

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    488
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    Is that the first you have heard of this?

    I know all about it, I lived it. What I said is accurate. You are apparently learning of this for the first time. I already know all about it.
    No I knew about it. Past tense. I just didn't remember it correctly...

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,674
    Feedback Score
    0

    Verizon sending out disconnect letters for UDP plans even if usage is &lt; 100GB

    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    Why was the FCC so upset when att and Verizon throttled customers in the past (besides the fact that one or both didn't fully disclose to customers)? And why is it allowing att, sprint, T-Mobile to do it now? And why can't Verizon do that now instead of terminating anyone's service if they don't switch? And if att can bring back unlimited data (being the second largest carrier) why can't Verizon keep it with throttling or whatever they want to call it? And why can't I stop typing while using my unlimited data plan? Lol
    Throttling and de-prioritization are different. AT&T isn't allowed to throttle but they can de-prioritize. I reached 16.5GB today on my AT&T line and was sent a message that I might be de-prioritied after 22GB depending on a towers congestion. If it does happen I won't be throttled, meaning my speeds won't be those throttled speeds like it used to be for the remaining of the bill cycle. AT&T isn't allowed to throttle you at the old throttle speeds for the remaining of the billing cycle. If I ever got de-prioritized I haven't noticed it vs throttled speeds like in the past.

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    279
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    For the last round of disconnect letters, it was a single month above 100GB if you were off contract.
    wow... that's harsh... even Hillary forgave Bill for you-know-what....

    but just one time above 100gb and Verizon kicks people off?

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    312
    Feedback Score
    0
    From what it looks like people are reporting that they are getting warning letters around 20gb so looks like Verizon wants everyone off unlimited. One of the posts I saw the guy claimed to only use 10gb average the past few months and still got warned.

    Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    488
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by caddypower View Post
    From what it looks like people are reporting that they are getting warning letters around 20gb so looks like Verizon wants everyone off unlimited. One of the posts I saw the guy claimed to only use 10gb average the past few months and still got warned.

    Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app
    Warned or termination/change plan?? Also did it say if he was in contract or not?

  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    312
    Feedback Score
    0
    Everything I've read made it sound like warned and out of contract. In contract prob have less issues is my guess

    Sent from my XT1030 using HoFo mobile app

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    674
    Feedback Score
    0
    The letters the first round were not warnings they were sorry you broke some rules we just made up and won't tell you what they are so we are terminating your line have a nice day.

    AFAIK no one has gotten any warnings this round either.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon, T-Mobile File Proposals for Broadband Plan
    By @TheRealDanny in forum T-Mobile
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-27-2009, 02:25 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 02:14 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-19-2008, 10:39 PM
  4. I think it's time to send out "the letter..."
    By BeyondTheTech in forum Windows Mobile (Before 7)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-08-2005, 02:15 PM
  5. NEXTEL Credit Check Error. Said would send out a letter??
    By astinthomas in forum General Nextel Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-02-2003, 05:51 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks