Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Verizon sending out disconnect letters for UDP plans even if usage is < 100GB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    The letters the first round were not warnings they were sorry you broke some rules we just made up and won't tell you what they are so we are terminating your line have a nice day.

AFAIK no one has gotten any warnings this round either.
    many of those who posted on reddit's Verizon forum claimed to have
    received disconnect for usage between 20GB and 30GB... I can't think
    of any reason why they would make up stories like that, but then again,
    I have to wait until someone posts actual scanned pictures of the VZW
    letters.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    many of those who posted on reddit's Verizon forum claimed to have
    received disconnect for usage between 20GB and 30GB... I can't think
    of any reason why they would make up stories like that, but then again,
    I have to wait until someone posts actual scanned pictures of the VZW
    letters.
    It's not that we think they made up stories. It's that nobody on HoFo - the other large community of UDPers, can reproduce it.

I suspect many of those "20GB and 30GB" people, wound up using 200GB or more many bill cycles ago, and simply weren't aware or don't remember.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    It's not that we think they made up stories. It's that nobody on HoFo - the other large community of UDPers, can reproduce it.

I suspect many of those "20GB and 30GB" people, wound up using 200GB or more many bill cycles ago, and simply weren't aware or don't remember.
    yeah, I think you're right. There's this one guy who said
    he used "about 300gb" back in 2007. guess Verizon is
    like an elephant that never forgets.

Feedback Score
    so if I have the largest data cap plan of Verizon of 100gb and I routinely go over it by 100gbs will Verizon terminate my service? Lol no because I'm making them a lot of money. And not about me causing issues with their network. It's more about money than anything else. Udp users are so small in amount but we aren't making them any money by paying them $450/mon for 100gb plus possible overage 🏻🏻🏻

Device(s)
    Lg flip phone
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just think of all the money they would make if everybody was on a tiered plan? customers who are unlimited data plan pay a monthly rate of whatever and go and use as much as they want however in verizons eyes you are a waste of their data as they are not making any money off of you. Frankly I wrote about this over a year ago and nobody must have bothered to notice. The days of unlimited data are fast closing and you might as well get used to it. SMH.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by likeitmatters View Post
    Just think of all the money they would make if everybody was on a tiered plan? customers who are unlimited data plan pay a monthly rate of whatever and go and use as much as they want however in verizons eyes you are a waste of their data cause they are not making any money off you. Frankly I wrote about this over a year ago and nobody must have bothered to notice. The days of unlimited data is fast closing and you might as well get used to it. SMH.
    Unlimited data is about to make a huge come back and is not going away anytime soon .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    Unlimited data is about to make a huge come back and is not going away anytime soon .
    wireless carriers are just milking it as much as possible.. as recently as 2000, I was still paying almost $100 for long distance phone calls! (domestic and int'l) these days, I haven't paid a cent in long distance.

Feedback Score
    Just think of all the money they would make if everybody was on a tiered plan? customers who are unlimited data plan pay a monthly rate of whatever and go and use as much as they want however in verizons eyes you are a waste of their data as they are not making any money off of you. Frankly I wrote about this over a year ago and nobody must have bothered to notice. The days of unlimited data are fast closing and you might as well get used to it. SMH.
    Yep, people like you have been predicting this for the past five years on HoFo and I've been enjoying my unlimited the whole time. Someday, you may be right. Then, we can all say you are a genius. In the meantime, well, you know.

Feedback Score
    @AmandaCL
    What like this?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/VerizonUDP/...tter_received/
    https://imgur.com/gallery/SOc9y

Also ATT charges us $10/mo additional for unlimited long distance on a copper POTS line at work. The taxes and fees are the real killer the rate is $25/mo for phone $10/mo for LD. The bill is $55.50/mo it's $20.50/mo in taxes and fees alone.

Feedback Score
    As long as there are other carriers offering UDP then UDP will still be around.

Feedback Score

Verizon sending out disconnect letters for UDP plans even if usage is &lt; 100GB

@AmandaCL
    What like this?
    https://www.reddit.com/r/VerizonUDP/...tter_received/
    https://imgur.com/gallery/SOc9y

Also ATT charges us $10/mo additional for unlimited long distance on a copper POTS line at work. The taxes and fees are the real killer the rate is $25/mo for phone $10/mo for LD. The bill is $55.50/mo it's $20.50/mo in taxes and fees alone.
    Funny how they said the same thing last summer lol saying people would be disconnected by August 31st I believe.

I'm going to call their bluff

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by macher52 View Post
    As long as there are other carriers offering UDP then UDP will still be around.
    But nothing like the all you can eat at the same or faster speed of Verizon's udp IMO

Feedback Score

That person stated his/her usage as "300gb+ per month"
    which seems like begging Verizon to disconnect.

No, I'm talking about the people who posted that they received
    disconnect letters, even when their monthly was less than 20gb.

https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com...ans_are_being/

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I disagree. Have you seen Viaero and United Wireless? They are 'scrappy' LTE carriers with very limited resources offering data plans FAR in excess of what the Big 4 provide. Go quote for corporate or personal tiers and compare to the Big 4. These two operators are 1/10th the cost per gig of the Big 4. Even on the metered plans, there are unlimited data at night plans. A reasonable network management strategy.

We are using the regional carriers anywhere they touch. They have stellar rates and comparable cellular data networks these days.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    ...also T-mobile's new IoT tier at $25/year for unlimited access at 64kbps is a game changer. It's a precursor of things to come. Capacity will continue to expand and the cost per bit will continue to decline. Whether or not consumer grade tiers follow remains to be seen. I guess consumers will be comfortable spending ~$800/month for 100GB of cellular data by that time.

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast