Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Verizon sending out disconnect letters for UDP plans even if usage is < 100GB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by E_tron View Post
    ...also T-mobile's new IoT tier at $25/year for unlimited access at 64kbps is a game changer. It's a precursor of things to come. Capacity will continue to expand and the cost per bit will continue to decline. Whether or not consumer grade tiers follow remains to be seen. I guess consumers will be comfortable spending ~$800/month for 100GB of cellular data by that time.
    Guess there's zero chance of mobile internet ever becoming free and unlimited?
    (like what happened to long distance calling?)

Feedback Score
    we should DDOS verizon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Per this Reddit thread, and several of the commentors, they received disconnect letters even if they used well under 100GB for months. So far, it seems like this is happening only to those out of contract.

https://www.reddit.com/r/verizon/com...ans_are_being/

after more than a week, there is still not a single report of anyone outside of reddit receiving such letter for usage under 100gb... so I can only conclude that the reddit thread was questionable at best?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    after more than a week, there is still not a single report of anyone outside of reddit receiving such letter for usage under 100gb... so I can only conclude that the reddit thread was questionable at best?
    Plenty of people got the letter. I have 2 friends who got it too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawtashk View Post
    Plenty of people got the letter. I have 2 friends who got it too.
    so they received the letters even when they have never used more then 100gb
    in any single billing cycle during the last 10 years as UDP customers?
    (not even once, ever)

based on all the stuff I've read so far, even if someone has not used more than
    100gb in one month during the last couple of years, as long as they have used
    more than 100gb in one month, just once, even during the last 10 years, Verizon
    will send the disconnect letter. (even if it's way back in 2006, since Verizon's
    systems seems to be able to go back that far)

however, I have yet to find a single person who has never ever used more than
    100gb in any single billing cycle in the past 10+ years(or however long they've
    had Verizon UDP) and still received a disconnect letter from Verizon... but I
    could be wrong, of course.

Feedback Score
    Any more news or updates?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by smokieunc View Post
    Any more news or updates?
    no... but I was at the local Verizon corporate store this afternoon. I went there to return a Zagg glass screen protector that I didn't like after applying.

the store manager is my next-door neighbor's daughter-in-law who has worked at Verizon for almost 20 years. She started working straight out of graduate school and Verizon is the only company she's ever worked for in her life. I always buy my Verizon stuff directly from her.

Anyway, I was telling her about this and the Reddit thread. She said it was nonsense. She bet me that I can't find a single case of a customer grandfathered on UDP and got a disconnect letter from Verizon Wireless. The person must have NEVER used more than 100gb within one month since the UDP was added to the account.(even if it was 5, 10, or 15+ years ago) Apparently their system was set up to seek out accounts that had gone over 100gb just one time, no matter how ancient, then ask that customer to move to a new limited data plan.

She said if I can find proof, she would give me a free $50 Verizon Wireless gift card.

Can anyone help me out? $50 is $50.

Feedback Score
    no... but I was at the local Verizon corporate store this afternoon. I went there to return a Zagg glass screen protector that I didn't like after applying.

the store manager is my next-door neighbor's daughter-in-law who has worked at Verizon for almost 20 years. She started working straight out of graduate school and Verizon is the only company she's ever worked for in her life. I always buy my Verizon stuff directly from her.

Anyway, I was telling her about this and the Reddit thread. She said it was nonsense. She bet me that I can't find a single case of a customer grandfathered on UDP and got a disconnect letter from Verizon Wireless. The person must have NEVER used more than 100gb within one month since the UDP was added to the account.(even if it was 5, 10, or 15+ years ago) Apparently their system was set up to seek out accounts that had gone over 100gb just one time, no matter how ancient, then ask that customer to move to a new limited data plan.

She said if I can find proof, she would give me a free $50 Verizon Wireless gift card.

Can anyone help me out? $50 is $50.
    I get half of that right?

Feedback Score
    Please stop posting like this is a Facebook status. You hardly contribute to the topic, and instead ask questions that have been answered.

Feedback Score
    If I manage with with the bet with the Verizon corporate store manager and she gives me the $50 VZW gift card, my plan is to use it to pay for a random stranger's VZW bill... pay back the pay it forward that someone did for me last year. (in which a total stranger couple sitting next to me paid for my $47 breakfast bill at IHOP)

Feedback Score
    If I manage with with the bet with the Verizon corporate store manager and she gives me the $50 VZW gift card, my plan is to use it to pay for a random stranger's VZW bill... pay back the pay it forward that someone did for me last year. (in which a total stranger couple sitting next to me paid for my $47 breakfast bill at IHOP)
    That is kind of you! That stranger is me right? Haha just kidding. Anyone on contract who has gotten the termination letter? I've only seen one report from someone on reddit who used 1 TB in a month but he didn't give concrete information.

Feedback Score
    Feels so good to be a total stranger to you and a Verizon customer 🏻🏻🏻🏻

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 007shinobi View Post
    That is kind of you! That stranger is me right? Haha just kidding. Anyone on contract who has gotten the termination letter? I've only seen one report from someone on reddit who used 1 TB in a month but he didn't give concrete information.
    1 TB?! he caused all this for us.

Feedback Score
    1 TB?! he caused all this for us.
    I think those people who are "leasing" UDP lines for exorbitant rates of $150+/month are also part of the problem since who wouldn't want to get their bang for the buck since its unlimited right?

P.S., can you reply to my PMs?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Make sure they have a UDP!

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast