Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Verizon sending out disconnect letters for UDP plans even if usage is < 100GB

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AmandaCL View Post
    Guess there's zero chance of mobile internet ever becoming free and unlimited?
    (like what happened to long distance calling?)
    when the technology can handle it. Perhaps when 5G gets here in 2020. Until then no.

Feedback Score
    Not sure of anybody noticed, but I *DID NOT* get a letter either of the two previous go rounds, even though I have a high use UDP on a T1114. Nothing has changed.

I also *DID NOT* receive a letter this time either.

HOWEVER, I did notice on my January bill, next to the last page, a paragraph with verbiage that mirrors the letters people have received in January.

I urge y'all to find your pdf bill, and see if yours says something similar, even if you did you receive a letter.

Hate to spread gossip, but what I was told makes pretty good logical sense...so I'm going to spread it.

I talked up a former employer, who is in 3rd party vzw sales, and they have been told that unlimited is being purged, high use or not. Seeing my bill, he claimed all of my lines will be killed 2/16, both the one high use, and the two low use. There will be four more rounds of small termination batches, to minimize complaints, eventually terminating all udp.

Soon thereafter, vzw will relaunch a new limited udp, with clearer restrictions, throttling, etc, to put down the other carriers and to put to rest any apparent block C issues.

*shrugs* Sounds logical to me. Do I like it? Nope. I need to borrow a tmo phone so I can start checking coverage where I go.

Sent from my VS987 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RavenTBK View Post
    Not sure of anybody noticed, but I *DID NOT* get a letter either of the two previous go rounds, even though I have a high use UDP on a T1114. Nothing has changed.

HOWEVER, I did notice on my January bill, next to the last page, a paragraph with verbiage that mirrors the letters people have received in January.

I urge y'all to find your pdf bill, and see if yours says something similar, even if you did you receive a letter.

Hate to spread gossip, but what I was told makes pretty good logical sense...so I'm going to spread it.

I talked up a former employer, who is in 3rd party vzw sales, and they have been told that unlimited is being purged, high use or not. Seeing my bill, he claimed all of my lines will be killed 2/16, both the one high use, and the two low use. There will be four more rounds of small termination batches, to minimize complaints, eventually terminating all udp.

Soon thereafter, vzw will relaunch a new limited udp, with clearer restrictions, throttling, etc, to put down the other carriers and to put to rest any apparent block C issues.

*shrugs* Sounds logical to me. Do I like it? Nope. I need to borrow a tmo phone so I can start checking coverage where I go.

If that's the case then I need to sell 4 unlimited data plans like asap

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

I don't think anyone is taking Verizon seriously on this issue. They've cried wolf many times now over the past year, and it's all equaled nothing but SOME of the illegal renters being shut down. That market has now grown and is still thriving, there's more demand and it's more expensive than ever.

Back to cancelling, first it was August 31st. Then October. Then November. Now it's 2/16. Verizon hasn't fooled anyone yet, and still people are extending contracts, using exorbitant amounts of data, and verizon no bitey.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cedius View Post
    I don't think anyone is taking Verizon seriously on this issue. They've cried wolf many times now over the past year, and it's all equaled nothing but SOME of the illegal renters being shut down. That market has now grown and is still thriving, there's more demand and it's more expensive than ever.

Back to cancelling, first it was August 31st. Then October. Then November. Now it's 2/16. Verizon hasn't fooled anyone yet, and still people are extending contracts, using exorbitant amounts of data, and verizon no bitey.
    in other words, Verizon is employing the Trump strategy? threatening to do this and that, but not necessarily doing everything

Feedback Score

I'll believe it when I see it. 🏽🏽🏽

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    If that's the case then I need to sell 4 unlimited data plans like asap
    Why would you do that to someone?

Feedback Score
    I know there are people on here that will hate me for saying this and that is okay hate all day long. Here is what I want to say and I am not budging on it. There is absolutely zero reason and I said zero reason for any person to use a hundred gigabytes of data on their cell phone especially on a mobile data connection. I use my cell phone day and night on Wi-Fi + cellular. Hardly ever do I go above three gigabytes on cellular data sometimes I'm under one but usually about 1.5. On WiFi and I stream lots of YouTube and lots of webs stuff even have all my phone calls going over WiFi and that's two thousand minutes per month streaming Netflix listening and downloading audiobooks and I do not come anywhere close to 100 gigabytes a month. I might use 35 gigabytes in total between Wi-Fi and Cellular in a month but that is a very busy month. I'm just saying that anyone that uses more than 50 gigabytes or so of data in a month especially over Cellular Connection deserves them to get kicked off. Thank God these phone companies are throttling in congested areas after twenty-something gigabytes oh my God people you all get out and do other things or maybe invest at home WiFi. There's no reason to use anywhere more than maybe 10 or 15 or at the highest 20 Gigabytes of mobile cellular data and that's if you're on the road a lot. Just my thoughts so if a company wants to cut you off for extreme ridiculous dating use I do not feel sorry for you and do not complain if your data speeds are reduced after using 30 gigabytes. You are a high dating user and if there's not lots of people on the network I guess that's fine but don't dare complain because you can't use all the data and mess it up for everyone else that feels like kind of a selfish approach to me. Sorry I know people will feel differently but this is how I feel and I feel passionately about it. I think the phone company should set a hard cap at a hundred gigabytes for any cellular data user that if you continue doing that they should take some sort of action. After 5 months in a row you should be put two 3-g all of the time or something. Some penalty should be put in place to make you behave no wonder the phone companies are home to invest so much money in their Network it's because each and every customer feel like they should be able to consume 800 gigabytes a month well guess what that data has to come from somewhere. Oh yeah and by the way there's only so much data available at one given moment in time meaning that if you're hogging up all the data and 500 other people in your area are doing the same thing there is nothing left for the rest of us you use all of it and you're continuously using all of it until someone drops off then there is nothing to use and think about that there might be 20,000 other people in your area trying to get online and check their email and they can't do it because you're consuming data on 10 or 15 different devices pulling down 80 megabytes per second.

Sent from my SM-N910P using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    I have to say this but I don't even think mobile company should offer unlimited data they should have fairly large deck caps but should not have unlimited data people definitely abused the crap out of it.

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sprint1 View Post
    I know there are people on here that will hate me for saying this and that is okay hate all day long. Here is what I want to say and I am not budging on it. There is absolutely zero reason and I said zero reason for any person to use a hundred gigabytes of data on their cell phone especially on a mobile data connection. I use my cell phone day and night on Wi-Fi + cellular. Hardly ever do I go above three gigabytes on cellular data sometimes I'm under one but usually about 1.5. On WiFi and I stream lots of YouTube and lots of webs stuff even have all my phone calls going over WiFi and that's two thousand minutes per month streaming Netflix listening and downloading audiobooks and I do not come anywhere close to 100 gigabytes a month. I might use 35 gigabytes in total between Wi-Fi and Cellular in a month but that is a very busy month. I'm just saying that anyone that uses more than 50 gigabytes or so of data in a month especially over Cellular Connection deserves them to get kicked off. Thank God these phone companies are throttling in congested areas after twenty-something gigabytes oh my God people you all get out and do other things or maybe invest at home WiFi. There's no reason to use anywhere more than maybe 10 or 15 or at the highest 20 Gigabytes of mobile cellular data and that's if you're on the road a lot. Just my thoughts so if a company wants to cut you off for extreme ridiculous dating use I do not feel sorry for you and do not complain if your data speeds are reduced after using 30 gigabytes. You are a high dating user and if there's not lots of people on the network I guess that's fine but don't dare complain because you can't use all the data and mess it up for everyone else that feels like kind of a selfish approach to me. Sorry I know people will feel differently but this is how I feel and I feel passionately about it. I think the phone company should set a hard cap at a hundred gigabytes for any cellular data user that if you continue doing that they should take some sort of action. After 5 months in a row you should be put two 3-g all of the time or something. Some penalty should be put in place to make you behave no wonder the phone companies are home to invest so much money in their Network it's because each and every customer feel like they should be able to consume 800 gigabytes a month well guess what that data has to come from somewhere. Oh yeah and by the way there's only so much data available at one given moment in time meaning that if you're hogging up all the data and 500 other people in your area are doing the same thing there is nothing left for the rest of us you use all of it and you're continuously using all of it until someone drops off then there is nothing to use and think about that there might be 20,000 other people in your area trying to get online and check their email and they can't do it because you're consuming data on 10 or 15 different devices pulling down 80 megabytes per second.

I am so sorry that you don't have an unlimited data account and hate everybody that does . Not everybody lives in an area that has reliable high speed internet and my plan was sold to be as a replacement for home internet and has no voice minutes on it so I will use it how I feel like . Heck at this rate I might go over 900 gigs for the month but that doesn't effect you now does it Also next time please only post the cliff notes version of it cause nobody is going to read all of that

Feedback Score
    The reason why I posted is because tagging it on the bill like that does constitute adequate notification. Since I wasnt a part of any of the other letter campaigns, not this one, the bill notice struck me as more serious.

Feedback Score

I agree that 'extreme ridiculous dating' should never happen

Device(s)
    Bag phone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    The reason why I posted is because tagging it on the bill like that does constitute adequate notification. Since I wasnt a part of any of the other letter campaigns, not this one, the bill notice struck me as more serious.

Can you post a screen shot of that part of your bill ? I am sure that internet data patrol police are about to ruin this thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ROLLTIDE View Post
    Can you post a screen shot of that part of your bill ? I am sure that internet data patrol police are about to ruin this thread
    🏻 who blew my cover?🏻

Feedback Score

Verizon sending out disconnect letters for UDP plans even if usage is &lt; 100GB

Oh whatever nobody here is trying to hear to the data police preach

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast