Thread: New Verizon Jetpack Supports Band 66

Device(s)
    iPhone, iPad, Netgear Nighthawk mobile hotspot
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless, AT&T
    Feedback Score

New Verizon Jetpack Supports Band 66

https://www.verizonwireless.com/inte...ck-mifi-7730l/

Yay! It's future-proofed for the deployment of AWS-3. It supports Band 5, as well, which Verizon has just begun rolling out.

Feedback Score
    That's great news. I wish the next [vehicle] hotspot AT&T puts out has it, as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Also supports many flavors of CA.

Feedback Score
    Whoa the screen on that thing is huge! 24 hours claimed battery life, Cat 9 LTE, simultaneous dual-band Wi-Fi, guest network! and it's even made by Novatel so it's likely to be relatively stable. I wonder how long it will be till they are are available for >$100 used.

Feedback Score
    Did you guys notice that it's available on a 2 year contract, even though Verizon announced they no longer offer two year contracts after 1/5/17?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    Did you guys notice that it's available on a 2 year contract, even though Verizon announced they no longer offer two year contracts after 1/5/17?
    That's for phones I believe which they ended in a way.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bmtvaquero View Post
    that only applies to phones.

Device(s)
    Moto G4, Novatel 7730L, ZTE Mobley, StarTAC
    Carrier(s)
    Viaero, Commnet, VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    geeze, the modern check branding is ugly... I'll stick with my 6620L, still haven't seen any Band 2 anyway...

Glad to see progress in the mobile broadband space though.

CA B13+4/13+2/4+2/4+4/2+2/2+5/4+5/13+4+2/13+4+4/13+2+2

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Before people get their hopes up, with recent Verizon action, I would hold off on investing in one if you have UDP. The T1114 case is pending, and a losing outcome could mean Verizon would immediately start targeting non-smartphone/non-tablet devices.

Even more depressing, I paid $129 on Black Friday for a Moto Z Droid off-contract with DPP. $199 is quite high comparatively for a Cat-9 device.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    Even more depressing, I paid $129 on Black Friday for a Moto Z Droid off-contract with DPP.
    But you can't enable the mobile hotspot on the Moto Z without paying an extra $30/mo + taxes/fees if you have UDP. No comparison at all. You can stick a UDP SIM in this MiFi and tether up to 15 devices. And the battery lasts 24 freakin' hours. The Moto Z would crap out at about 8 hours if you were tethering, maybe sooner.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    But you can't enable the mobile hotspot on the Moto Z without paying an extra $30/mo + taxes/fees if you have UDP. No comparison at all. You can stick a UDP SIM in this MiFi and tether up to 15 devices. And the battery lasts 24 freakin' hours. The Moto Z would crap out at about 8 hours if you were tethering, maybe sooner.
    Perhaps, but my advice has always been to add the MHS for UDP feature if you are using it on a Jetpack. That is part of why Verizon had to back down from the T1114 executions - because people filed responses to the FCC noting that this was a supported pathway, and the device shouldn't matter if you're paying that fee.

A Moto Z Droid with Cat 9 can plug into an ASUS RT-AC68R (via USB tethering) and feed internet to 50 machines just as easily as a Jetpack, and the combo costs less too. And if size is an issue, an OpenWRT router with battery can fit in your pocket, and do the same.

Feedback Score
    Perhaps, but my advice has always been to add the MHS for UDP feature if you are using it on a Jetpack.
    That's worthless advice. If you look at the people who got the disconnect letters many of them were paying the $30/mo surcharge for MHS. It didn't save them from the disconnect letter.

Your advice is terrible. It costs people more money for no ****ing benefit at all.

That is part of why Verizon had to back down from the T1114 executions - because people filed responses to the FCC noting that this was a supported pathway, and the device shouldn't matter if you're paying that fee.
    No, that had nothing to do with it. The issue is that you can put your SIM in any 4G LTE Band 13 device at all and Verizon can't treat you differently because you did.

Feedback Score
    A Moto Z Droid with Cat 9 can plug into an ASUS RT-AC68R (via USB tethering) and feed internet to 50 machines just as easily as a Jetpack
    I don't want to use an additional device. I want 1 device. Your initial argument was cost based, now you just added another device without factoring in the additional cost.

This 7730L MiFi is da bomb. A Moto Z droid is a good phone with an average camera, but it is not a good MiFi.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    That's worthless advice. If you look at the people who got the disconnect letters many of them were paying the $30/mo surcharge for MHS. It didn't save them from the disconnect letter.

Your advice is terrible. It costs people more money for no ****ing benefit at all.

No, that had nothing to do with it. The issue is that you can put your SIM in any 4G LTE Band 13 device at all and Verizon can't treat you differently because you did.
    I disagree. One, it's a moral argument. The FCC and Verizon agreed on rules that they deemed fair for all. We can't ask Verizon to comply with the rules they break, if we break them ourselves.

Two, if we do push the issue, Verizon may realize that it's fair.

I know you want to use $30 UDP with all your devices. I think frankly, you should be able to. But rules and FCC consent decrees are negotiated out of fairness to all parties - even parties you disagree with.

Verizon would be unwise to disconnect anyone with MHS for UDP. Not just for the loss of profits (even >200GB of usage)... for regulatory reasons. They learned that with Alex's complaint.

Feedback Score
    I disagree.
    Paying $30/mo did not save anyone from the disconnect letter. Your advice is terrible. People who follow your advice give extra money to Verizon for no benefit at all.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast