Thread: Samsung Rugby III reject list does not reject call

Feedback Score

Samsung Rugby III reject list does not reject call

I've been getting annoying calls from an international number, country code 44. I've added the phone number to the reject list on my Samsung Rugby III and verified that it is there. The calls should be sent to voicemail without ringing, in theory anyway. Just received another call and it rang the phone instead of going to voicemail. I can't find anything that says the reject list doesn't work for international call, but that seems to be the case, at least in this instance. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I probably should have posted this instead under Samsung phones... I'll try it there if no one responds here.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PatMan2 View Post
    I've been getting annoying calls from an international number, country code 44. I've added the phone number to the reject list on my Samsung Rugby III and verified that it is there. The calls should be sent to voicemail without ringing, in theory anyway. Just received another call and it rang the phone instead of going to voicemail. I can't find anything that says the reject list doesn't work for international call, but that seems to be the case, at least in this instance. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I probably should have posted this instead under Samsung phones... I'll try it there if no one responds here.
    My Samsung phones call reject list has options to put numbers in that will match with Starts With, Ends With, and Contains. I would try those. This is a good way to block calls from 000-000-0000, but that might block receiving calls from doctors, etc.

Feedback Score
    I've just tested my phone and it ignores the reject list completely for ALL calls, not just international numbers. I'm going to start a thread in the Samsung forum section.

new thread: http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...9#post16784239

Feedback Score
    Problem solved. Even though the documentation says that adding a call to the reject list will cause it to be sent to voicemail, there is an additional step that is not mentioned either in the "reject list" documentation or in the ATT "how to block calls" tutorial. You must go to Menu - Settings - Calls - Voice Calls - Call Restrictions - Incoming calls - Block Reject List and activate that last item.
    Last edited by PatMan2; 01-15-2017 at 04:05 PM.