Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Current special

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score

Current special

Looks tempting. Switch by Feb 6 to ATT Gophone, get second month free.

Transfer by Feb 6, and my current Verizon postpaid plan ends on the 7th. So matches up. And I'll be back from my vacation on the 31st of January, so I have time to do it.

Cricket might be cheaper, but I occasionally need hot spot support, and GoPhone has a little bit better roaming coverage. Especially in Nebraska/Wyoming where I'm making a short trip next August.

I just wish the 4GB plan was 5GB, which would give me a buffer since I've been close to 4GB the last couple months. But $55+tax (8GB) a month is better than my previous months of $70+tax/month on Verizon. Or the $50+tax 5GB prepaid plan on Verizon.
    iPhone 11 is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevink1 View Post
    Looks tempting. Switch by Feb 6 to ATT Gophone, get second month free.

Transfer by Feb 6, and my current Verizon postpaid plan ends on the 7th. So matches up. And I'll be back from my vacation on the 31st of January, so I have time to do it.

Cricket might be cheaper, but I occasionally need hot spot support, and GoPhone has a little bit better roaming coverage. Especially in Nebraska/Wyoming where I'm making a short trip next August.

I just wish the 4GB plan was 5GB, which would give me a buffer since I've been close to 4GB the last couple months. But $55+tax (8GB) a month is better than my previous months of $70+tax/month on Verizon. Or the $50+tax 5GB prepaid plan on Verizon.
    Finally found it. Thanks. We're moving a line to gophone this week!

It looks like this is only when one purchases a GoPhone even though the details are not so clear except for taxes on phone purchase.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ritchea; 01-14-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ritchea View Post
    Finally found it. Thanks. We're moving a line to gophone this week!

It looks like this is only when one purchases a GoPhone even though the details are not so clear except for taxes on phone purchase.

I didn't catch that a purchase was required. I figured the $9.99 purchase of a SIM. Was all that was required.

Let us know if a phone purchase is actually required. If not, or you don't know, if I go ahead with it after my trip, I'll see myself. I don't need another phone since my 7+ is only 4 months old.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    We'll see. I already purchased a SIM at Walmart since there are no AT&T stores of any type in my area. It's for my son who will be moving from T-Mobile with his N6P.

Feedback Score
    T-Mobile has all in including taxes and even tethering . Why GoPhone even if the second month is free. T-Mobile is $ 60 per line , no other fees. Starts January 22nd , I am pretty registered to switch on that day. T-Mobile has good coverage better than what it was years ago. They do provide roaming from what I can tell when I travel

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by s.pearce88 View Post
    T-Mobile has all in including taxes and even tethering .
    T-Mobile has a few too too many inconvenient dead spots in my area. Including one a block from work, and one a 1/2 mile from home. I used them for about 4 months last year before moving on. I had originally moved to them because of international roaming.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    T-Mobile has all in including taxes and even tethering . Why GoPhone even if the second month is free. T-Mobile is $ 60 per line , no other fees. Starts January 22nd , I am pretty registered to switch on that day. T-Mobile has good coverage better than what it was years ago. They do provide roaming from what I can tell when I travel

He's on $30. 100 minute/5gb plan which costs more ($32.xx) now. I have 3 lines on gophone multi-line (all $45. plans) so when he joins, with the 13% discount I get on refills, we'll be better off. He does have good coverage at home but not when traveling. We have no T-Mobile (or Sprint) service in our house. T-Mobile international texting is great, but he doesn't need that very often. Project fi is a better alternative when traveling out of the US because of data. I won't be able to suspend gophone service during our annual month overseas because of the multi-line account, but I'm saving enough to pay the $34. Fi billing which covers two phones as all can be accomplished with data only. The free second month would be nice, but plans are on-going regardless. We've always been able to tether on GoPhone. None of us are big data users as a rule because we have internet most of the time. We aren't much in the way of phone users, period, unless traveling then gps and texting are major.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

You just switched to Verizon postpaid didn't you?

1 line on T-Mobile is 70.00 and tethering is limited to 3G at best. Video streaming is reduced to 480p as well.

Coverage while good for some, is usually no where near as good and most don't need unlimited data.

Sent from my iPhone 6s using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, RP
    Feedback Score
    I switched to Verizon to get the iPhone at launch, and Verizon has better international roaming than ATT which I had for many years. Once this trip is over, I don't need roaming for quite some time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    You just switched to Verizon postpaid didn't you?

1 line on T-Mobile is 70.00 and tethering is limited to 3G at best. Video streaming is reduced to 480p as well.

Coverage while good for some, is usually no where near as good and most don't need unlimited data.

I ported back to T-Mobile , cheaper and unlimited , Verizon paid out my bill from my deposit, it ended up them owing me money. No one line is $60 , I have auto pay. I never closed my account. My partner stayed on the account so it wouldn't close and I ported back in since the account is under my name. Verizon's data is just to expensive. Yes I do pay an extra $15 for tethering full speed and HAD Video but it still comes.es out cheaper than Verizon

Feedback Score
    Don't forget the nasty sales and other taxs on the plan. Here in Taxifornia it's bad. Advantage with Cricket is that taxes are included.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Don't forget the nasty sales and other taxs on the plan. Here in Taxifornia it's bad. Advantage with Cricket is that taxes are included.
    Just switched from Cricket to GoPhone yesterday (Sunday). I have a Nexus 6P. I did it in-store in Maryland. 6% tax and then .60 cents for the 911 fee. So the $45 plan cost me $48.30. Will cost a flat $43 when I setup autopay.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtraveler85 View Post
    Just switched from Cricket to GoPhone yesterday (Sunday). I have a Nexus 6P. I did it in-store in Maryland. 6% tax and then .60 cents for the 911 fee. So the $45 plan cost me $48.30. Will cost a flat $43 when I setup autopay.
    How quick was the port from Cricket to GoPhone?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtraveler85 View Post

I plan to use a refill pin from callingmart for $40.50 to activate account. I normally use Secrest and just buy by the $100, which gives 13% discount, but CM has better discount on the $45. refill. No taxes, no fees (so far) unlike any store purchase in Florida.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by billm261 View Post
    How quick was the port from Cricket to GoPhone?

15-20 minutes after they type in your information.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast