Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Verizon to test prepaid only stores

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Prepaid
    Feedback Score
    I guess it's all depending on you or your business. where you have to travel and Verizon prepaid coverage is better than ATT

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zeus4509 View Post
    I didn't realize you were the post master general and I had to run my opinions by you first. Luckily I don't nor do I overly care what you think of my posts nor my opinions. Follow along here. You claimed cricket led in adds. You lied. You made up information to try to seem like you were right. Stop making stuff up. You will get farther here without making up lies to try to seem intelligent. As for att prepaid adds vs. Verizon's I've already addressed that. If you don't like it, I'm sure you'll get over it.
    Wow, don't know or care what your problems is, but try to follow along. My numbers are accurate. Here's more for you:
    Total prepaid customers by carrier as of the end of last quarter were:

TracFone added 1.2 million subscribers last quarter but all that growth comes TracFone's acquisition of Walmart Family Mobile and GoSmart.

T-Mobile added 684,000 prepaid subscribers
    AT&T added 304,000
    Verizon added 83,000
    Sprint lost 427,000

Source: http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2016...id-mobile.html

Go look in the mirror and argue with yourself.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Cricket added 500,000 last qtr of 2016 which led all..by far. https://www.att.com/Investor/Earning...lides_1q16.pdf

Third qtr, 2016 infor from Fierce WIreless:

Tracfone 25.15 million (plus 1.36 million postpaid Walmart Family Mobile customers)
    T-Mobile 19.27 million
    Sprint 13.55 million
    AT&T 13.04 million
    Verizon 5.46 million

3RD QTR NEW Adds:

TracFone added 1.2 million subscribers last quarter but all that growth comes TracFone's acquisition of Walmart Family Mobile and GoSmart.

AT&T added 304,000
    Verizon added 83,000
    Sprint lost 427,000
    TracFone added 1.2 million subscribers due to its acquisition of 1.7 million Walmart Family Mobile and GoSmart subscribers. Without the acquisition, TracFone would have lost about 500,000 customers.

These last numbers show that At&t prepaid far exceeded Verizon: At&t 304,000 vs Verizon 83,000.
    Read your first line. Read it slow. It is a clear and blatant lie. You made the part up that says and I quote "which led all... by far". Then proceeded to post a link to first quarter 2016 numbers where even then they did not lead "all.... by far". You lied. You made it up. If you can't realize that then move on. You posted here. What exactly is the reason behind your post? That cricket added more users than Verizon prepaid last quarter? What's that have ANYTHING to do with Verizon opening 3 test stores for prepaid services? Do explain. Seems you only posted to try to start an argument by leading off with a blatant lie, then try to tell me that I post to much speculation and opinion.... Maybe you need that mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimxx200 View Post
    Wow, don't know or care what your problems is, but try to follow along. My numbers are accurate. Here's more for you:

AT&T added 304,000
    Verizon added 83,000
    Sprint lost 427,000

Source: http://www.prepaidphonenews.com/2016...id-mobile.html

Go look in the mirror and argue with yourself.

Feedback Score
    i like vzw prepaid i use about 8to10gb a month. service is good and i get full lte speeds hd voice and wifi calling. i left cricket for the $70 10gb plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7+
    Carrier(s)
    ATT Prepaid, RP
    Feedback Score
    Location location location.

Obviously, where you are MetroPCS has better coverage.
    iPhone X is my current primary phone. I have older model iPhones and Moto phones available on other lines. Currently prepaid, though would consider postpaid on right plan.

Feedback Score
    What At&t did with Cricket was something that Verizon was probably watching very closely. They are way late to the game but have the advertising dollars and native network to make prepaid stores work for them. I would think they would need to establish a different name, besides Verizon Prepaid, so customers can easily distinguish the difference between a regular Verizon store and a prepaid store. If Verizon coverage worked for me, I'd probably head toward Total Wireless. I can't believe how many Cricket stores have popped up around me in the last 2 years!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishx65 View Post
    What At&t did with Cricket was something that Verizon was probably watching very closely. They are way late to the game but have the advertising dollars and native network to make prepaid stores work for them. I would think they would need to establish a different name, besides Verizon Prepaid, so customers can easily distinguish the difference between a regular Verizon store and a prepaid store. If Verizon coverage worked for me, I'd probably head toward Total Wireless. I can't believe how many Cricket stores have popped up around me in the last 2 years!!!!!
    I thought about the same thing. Just because Verizon doesn't own a boost, cricket, or metro pcs doesn't mean they couldn't create one. It'll be interesting to see how they go, if they are ok with wholesellers like total handling the bulk of their prepaid business or if they want to go hands on themselves. I think the stores are just there trying to gauge interest on which way would be most profitable for them.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6S
    Feedback Score
    I'm not sure why Verizon wants separate stores. That's doesn't leverage already sunk costs (existing stores), plus it's expensive to sustain retail stores. GoPhone is sold in regular AT&T stores, for example. That said, if they go this way I can't see them giving away a good chunk of profit to a third party operator.

Feedback Score
    Keep in mind that Verizon could put the squeeze on América Móvil by raising the prices they them in order to equal things out. América Móvil can switch everything over to another carrier, but no other carrier has the coverage that Verizon has, so they are stuck if they want to sell top tier coverage.

Device(s)
    LG G8, LG K20 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randian View Post
    I'm not sure why Verizon wants separate stores. That's doesn't leverage already sunk costs (existing stores), plus it's expensive to sustain retail stores. GoPhone is sold in regular AT&T stores, for example. That said, if they go this way I can't see them giving away a good chunk of profit to a third party operator.
    The stores taking on this adventure appear to be independent, authorized retailers.

Similar to Cricket, Metro PCS and Boost.

Just pure speculation but maybe some people simply drive right by a Verizon store and may be more apt to stop in a storefront called "Verizon Prepaid."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Qualcomm iPhone X 256 GB Space Grey
    Carrier(s)
    Visible
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kansanian View Post
    Weird news.

Why not use existing stores?

Also, what ever happened to the $45 plan?
    $50 for 5GB isn't horrible, but not everyone needs that much, or wants to spend that much. Seems like a high entry price for prepaid. They should offer a $40 plan if they want to be competitive.
    As for data speeds, meh. 5Mbps is plenty for average use, for the foreseeable future. Native VZW prepaid with higher speeds is nice, but it's not worth $50/mo. plus taxes.

Personally, I am currently on Boom! Wireless. 2GB + throttled data is plenty for me, and it's $35 ...taxes (and roaming) included.
    The $50 plan is $47.50 for me using CM.

I like Boom and their plans look competitive, but two things are holding me back from using them: VoLTE and WiFi calling. I love the Verizon network but couldn't stand not having access to data while on a call prior to when VoLTE was established. Now that Verizon prepaid has it, and pretty much every postpaid perk, why go anywhere else, especially with a higher tax rate?

I'm sure, one day, Boom will come out with those two features. When they do, that'll be awesome for them. They'll have customers coming in left and right. But then that leaves them with the cost. How is that going to affect everything? Plus there's postpaid roaming... that's costly too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iPhone 7+ on the Verizon Network
    iPad Pro 9.7 on the AT&T Network

Feedback Score
    I can't believe how many Cricket stores have popped up around me in the last 2 years!!!!! I have observed what you claim. Cricket and MetroPCS stores are popping up like the plague. A small Verizon Prepaid store opened in my city. Just days ago. I understand what you mean about why Verizon would open separate stores instead of making space for Prepaid in their existing stores. I have a theory. Who is more likely to get prepaid service? The low end customer. They do not want the lower class to mix with the higher and upper class customers. You could throw in there that rents are cheaper in smaller storefronts then strip malls or mall themselves but, I don't think it's the sole reason. These are my two cents.

Forever Enshrined in my name William Eric Cintron

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2