Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Connected car

Feedback Score

Connected car

I didn't realize att inked a deal with Honda us and Canada . Seems like att has tons of car deals now.

http://about.att.com/story/att_ameri...agreement.html
    """new T-Mobile customer"""

Device(s)
    IPHONE 7, IPAD 9.7
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Chevy has a deal with I think ATT for mobile WIFI also. My wife just leased a 2017 Traverse and I remember reading about the subscription. Again I think it was ATT which is funny since I have ATT and she is on Verizon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nr2d View Post
    Chevy has a deal with I think ATT for mobile WIFI also. My wife just leased a 2017 Traverse and I remember reading about the subscription. Again I think it was ATT which is funny since I have ATT and she is on Verizon.
    Yeah a few years ago att got the whole OnStar deal with GM starting with certain year models. I think Verizon had it for 10+ years before that

Seems like there were some glitches at first but everyone I know seems to be happy with their att connected car now

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s
    Carrier(s)
    att
    Feedback Score
    Purchased a 2015 Silverado last year and have had it on my mobile share plan for an additional $10.00/month to month, no contract. It's much better and more convenient than using my mobile hotspot or iPhone. So much that i'm cancelling the hotspot next month when its contract expires. I don't use on star at all, waste of money.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pbvan View Post
    Purchased a 2015 Silverado last year and have had it on my mobile share plan for an additional $10.00/month to month, no contract. It's much better and more convenient than using my mobile hotspot or iPhone. So much that i'm cancelling the hotspot next month when its contract expires. I don't use on star at all, waste of money.
    So with that you can drop the on star and use att connected car without problems?

Device(s)
    Sonim XP8, iPhone XS, Pixel 3 XL
    Carrier(s)
    SouthernLINC, T-Mobile, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    My Silverado has OnStar which I just renewed, but it is also attached separately to my AT&T account and for $40 a month it attaches to my unlimited data plan. It's awesome for long trips and when outdoors in remote areas because it does have decent reach away from the vehicle.

Sent from my XT1650 using HoFo mobile app

Feedback Score
    Connected car sounds neat but the only gm vehicle I have now is an older caddy so no on star for me

Sent from my LG-K425 using HoFo mobile app

Device(s)
    IPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I bought a new Dodge Charger RT and my in car wifi uses sprint. And 3G at that. Needless to say, I don't pay for it.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CircuitSwitched View Post
    My Silverado has OnStar which I just renewed, but it is also attached separately to my AT&T account and for $40 a month it attaches to my unlimited data plan. It's awesome for long trips and when outdoors in remote areas because it does have decent reach away from the vehicle.

Sent from my XT1650 using HoFo mobile app
    You can tether to the car on its unlimited data plan? So it's all you can eat for all devices? I like the sound of that.

Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    You can tether to the car on its unlimited data plan? So it's all you can eat for all devices? I like the sound of that.
    Correct, and with a ZTE mobley you can add to any car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AT&T Unlimited Plus with Netgear DC112A
    $20 Mobley stand-alone hotspot for home internet

Unlimited ZTE Mobely Hotspot since 05/2016

Feedback Score
    What devices exactly does one need to set up the ZTE Mobley as a home internet connection? I know the plug in device sold on Amazon & ebay, but what from there? Do you connect to your router? In other words, how does a set up work with the ZTE Mobley?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GusHerb94 View Post
    Yea its nice. I think like 10 devices can connect. The great part is because it's tied into the OnStar antenna, the reception is a LOT better than on any of our devices. It seriously can get signal where all the other devices are searching for signal. Speed's are actually pretty decent. I am not sure if it supports 3xCA, but it suffices.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elrod View Post
    I bought a new Dodge Charger RT and my in car wifi uses sprint. And 3G at that. Needless to say, I don't pay for it.
    Me too. And the Sprint 3G connection is terribly slow to launch on it.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AspenQn View Post
    What devices exactly does one need to set up the ZTE Mobley as a home internet connection? I know the plug in device sold on Amazon & ebay, but what from there? Do you connect to your router? In other words, how does a set up work with the ZTE Mobley?
    I havent used this only a ddwrt router but this eould connect to ur zte mobley wirelessly and connect to ur router or whatever your using for the house.

IOGEAR Universal Ethernet to Wi-Fi N Adapter for Home or Office, GWU627 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004UAKCS6..._MA9JybRWBMHJG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by @TheRealDanny View Post
    Me too. And the Sprint 3G connection is terribly slow to launch on it.
    ! Does it not have a 4G modem, or are you in a 3G only area?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast