Thread: How to backup Messages / Photos / Videos from my Android Phone?

Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score

How to backup Messages / Photos / Videos from my Android Phone?

I have a Moto G, running Android 5.1. What is the easiest method for me to backup my text messages, photos, and videos to my mac computer? I tried Android File transfer which was a free app, but when I connected my phone via USB to my mac, it never found it. Is there an easier way? Thanks.
    BoDEAN
    Chicago, IL

My T-Mobile Referral Thread

Carrier(s)
    Koodo
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You most likely need to switch USB mode to File Transfer when connected to your computer. I don't have a Mac, so maybe there is something additional you need to do in order for the computer to see your phone's internal storage.

For text messages, you need to use an app called SMS Backup and Restore. It will store all of them in one file in a folder called SMS Back Up and Restore, which you can then transfer to your computer via USB.
    Cell phone history:
    Motorola DPC 550 - Ericsson DF388 - Sanyo SCP-4000 - Samsung SCH-N150 - Samsung SCH-T300 - LG TM520 - LG VX-4600 - BlackBerry 6750 - BlackBerry 7250 - Samsung SGH-807 - T-Mobile Dash - Motorola RAZR - BlackBerry Bold 9000 - BlackBerry Torch 9800 - Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (rooted) - Samsung Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S III LTE (rooted, running SlimBean 4.3) - Oppo Find 7a - Moto X Play - OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Limited Edition

Feedback Score
    Here recommend Android Assistant from Coolmuster,
    you can use the feature of Backup and Restore: Backup you phone data to computer with one click
    you can also transfer SMS, photos, videos to computer selectively
    connect your phone via USB or wifi, then manage your Android phone easily on PC.
    how to backup text messages on Android
    Name:  feature05.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  42.1 KB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoDEAN View Post
    I have a Moto G, running Android 5.1. What is the easiest method for me to backup my text messages, photos, and videos to my mac computer? I tried Android File transfer which was a free app, but when I connected my phone via USB to my mac, it never found it. Is there an easier way? Thanks.
    If you want to backup your data on your Mac, you can try the tool Assistant for Android (Mac Version), android file transfer doesn't work sometimes, with this tool you can transfer all your SMS, contacts and media files to Mac and also backup and restore phone data easily.