Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 6s vs 7

Phone
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score

6s vs 7

Im an android user coming to Apple lol.. im wondering if its worth shelling out almost 900 bucks for a iphone 7 plus or if Iphone 6s plus just as good pretty much?

Feedback Score
    The camera is the big upgrade for the 7 Plus. That and the memory bump, since the middle model went from 64Gb to 128 for the same price when new. If you take a lot of pics, it might be worth the difference. I travel a lot, and have over 2,500 photos on my phone. You can probably find some refurb 6s Plus models a lot cheaper than any of the 7's now. I think even WalMart sells them if you're looking for some of the best prices.

Is it worth it? I'd say not at full price now that the model has been out for nearly 5 months. You lose value from release day forward and should pay accordingly. But, buying a cheaper 6s now means it will be worth less at upgrade time.

Feedback Score
    If you are thinking of moving to iPhone, be prepared for some frustration. Before you jump to iPhone, play with the Google Pixel and you will not want to let it go. I had the iPhone 7 for almost a week and was not impressed. The speaker is on the quiet side, battery life not very good, and the big disappointment came when I compared some images with it to the Google Pixel my rep has. I shot about 15 images from both in the same scene, same object, and same time and the Pixel is a whole level up in image quality. Same with low light..the Pixel's images were sharp with no graininess. I returned the iPhone, got the Pixel and am very happy with it. Price shop the Pixel as it can be found for a few hundred less than the iPhone.

Phone
    LG G7 (T-Mobile), iPhone 8 (AT&T)
    Carrier
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    As a user of both Android and iPhones (6s), it will take a bit of getting used to.
    Possible downside:
    - Loss of possible external micro SD card
    - Apps ONLY available through Apple store
    - Single button does all (no back key)
    - Typically expensive
    - Different style of swipes (up from bottom vs. top down for settings such as WiFi/Airplane)
    - Expensive accessories
    - Stylus is not as good on Apple gear (vs. Note 4)
    - Lack of headset port (iPhone 7)
    - Lack of micro USB
    - Lack of wireless charging

Possible upside:
    - Single OS flavor (all updates included)
    - Better battery life
    - Lots of accessories with caveat (see downside)
    AT&T... your world, throttled.

Phone
    iPhone 8+
    Feedback Score

6s vs 7

I have both 7+ and 6S+. Since the 8 is coming in 6 months. I would buy a refurb 6S from Apple with the one year warranty. The 7 upgrade is not worth it. Camera upgrade not spectacular. No headphone jack. That's about it.

Feedback Score
    I agree with blacksurfer, i wouldnt purchase a 7 when the 8 is relatively close to release. If you could wait or get a cheaper older model Iphone that would probably be your best bet. Also boost mobile is selling Iphones for insanely cheap. Ive heard of some people buying unlocked phones from Apple then using Boosts prices to match, YMMV though.

Feedback Score
    I shouldve clarified, they use Boosts prices for credit card price protection. Your credit card supposedly sends you the difference. Ive never done it though, just some slickdeals blog on it.

Phone
    iPhone 6S
    Carrier
    American Telephone & Telegraph Company
    Feedback Score

6s vs 7

iPhone 7+ is a fantastic device in every conceivable way. Compared to iPhone 6S+, aside from the already mentioned benefits of faster processor, doubled storage, and better cameras, you also get a brighter screen with higher contrast ratio, faster Wi-Fi, faster LTE, more RAM, dual speakers, and full waterproofing. I can say without a doubt this is the best phone I've ever owned.
    Last edited by XFF; 02-09-2017 at 02:59 PM.

PRL Interpretations
    XFF's AlphaTag software
    Cellular and PCS License Maps
    Quote Originally Posted by gpatrick900
    I am a little confused. My Verizon phone was able to roam on GSM because they used TDMA. Tell it was shutdown. The phone recognizes it as Analog. If PCS has TDMA, It could be technically be used on GSM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tabla View Post
    Y'know, I'm used to hysterical 14-year-old ******** on the internet, but this is exceptional. Never before in human history have so many nerds hyperventilated so publicly over so little.

Phone
    iPhone 6, iPhone 5s,
    Feedback Score
    If you decide on a 7+, you'll have to decide between A1661 or A1784 models. I would recommend A1661 because it works on all the major networks, unlike A1784 that does not support CDMA. The A1661 should hold its value better than the A1784, but who knows.

Phone
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, i can't decide iphone 7 or the S7 i just know im tired of android slowing down and apps crashing all the time.. lol

Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I like both android and iphones, the pro's and con's list above is fairly accurate, I prefer iPhone's mainly because its just what I am most comfortable with and everything seems a bit more refined. Android seems to always get the new features first, apple will swoop in 2 years later and have the same feature(tout it as new when its not) but it will be more refined and easier to use than android. If you are looking for a more simple, quick and reliable OS iPhone is probably a good choice.

Personally I don't think the iPhone 7 is much better than the 6s but if the 7 isn't that much more I would probably go with it. If the price is significantly more for the 7 the 6s is a good and quick phone.

Phone
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Thanks all for the replies.. its just hard shelling out nearly 900 bucks for something you don't know if you will be happy with i just know im fed up with android lol.

Phone
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Especially with the iPhone 8 coming soon, as a first iPhone I'd recommend saving the money and getting a 6s. After shelling out $900 for an iPhone 7 you're pretty much "all in" on the iOS ecosystem. If it's not for your, that's a big investment to recoup.

Phone
    Iphone 7 Plus
    Carrier
    Cricket Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rambo47 View Post
    Especially with the iPhone 8 coming soon, as a first iPhone I'd recommend saving the money and getting a 6s. After shelling out $900 for an iPhone 7 you're pretty much "all in" on the iOS ecosystem. If it's not for your, that's a big investment to recoup.
    im coming from a Note so a bigger screen is a must so it would be a plus and the 6s and the 7 price isnt that much of a huge difference. i've heard the iphone 8 gonna have a curve screen like the edge eh

Phone
    iPhone 11 Pro 256 GB Midnight Green
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by David19 View Post
    Thanks all for the replies.. its just hard shelling out nearly 900 bucks for something you don't know if you will be happy with i just know im fed up with android lol.
    I just bought a 64 GB AT&T 6S for $325.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using HoFo mobile app

Chicago, IL
    2+46+46+46+4 (85 MHz DL, 15 MHz UL)

Duluth, MN
    4+14 UL CA (30 MHz DL/UL)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast