Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: VZW Backup Assistant ending

Feedback Score

VZW Backup Assistant ending

Just got a message that BA is ending on the 14th. Probably trying to steer subscribers to the cloud app for cloud storage. Use another alternative and keep your data separate and transportable.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Our long national nightmare is over.
    ChristopherPrice.net
    Phone.news (Temp Mod Note: Non-profit)

Feedback Score
    What?! Why haven't I heard of this my Samsung convoy 3 only supports using Verizon backup assistant although they just call it Verizon cloud on the website.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sims View Post
    What?! Why haven't I heard of this my Samsung convoy 3 only supports using Verizon backup assistant although they just call it Verizon cloud on the website.
    I'm not sure this applies to Verizon Cloud apps. I think it may only apply to the older BREW Verizon Backup Assistant app.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hatoncat View Post
    I'm not sure this applies to Verizon Cloud apps. I think it may only apply to the older BREW Verizon Backup Assistant app.
    i have an iphone

Feedback Score
    Then can't you just install the verizon cloud app? Also I don't seem to be able to get into verizon cloud on the website ATM.

Device(s)
    Essential, StarTAC, Lots of mobile broadband
    Carrier(s)
    VZW, AT&T, Sprint
    Feedback Score
    not much notice...

Device(s)
    S9+
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Why would someone use Verizon's backup solution instead of Dropbox/Google Drive/One Drive, or the native backup features of Android/iOS?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
    Why would someone use Verizon's backup solution instead of Dropbox/Google Drive/One Drive, or the native backup features of Android/iOS?
    Probably just out of habit. It was around before Google or Android existed, if I recall correctly.

Feedback Score
    I personally use it because it is the only option for backing up the contacts on a featurephone
    The smartphones on our account all have it enabled since we have 25GB cloud included with our plan.
    I've yet to figure out why android makes it so easy to accidentally delete ALL the pictures on your phone everyone in my family has done that at least once. Then you have to root if you want to recover the pictures or your SOL one of our family lost a few thousand pictures that way.
    Bad design is all it can be.
    Cloud is still down today.

Device(s)
    Too Many
    Carrier(s)
    All Four
    Feedback Score
    I personally use it because it is the only option for backing up the contacts on a featurephone
    The smartphones on our account all have it enabled since we have 25GB cloud included with our plan.
    I've yet to figure out why android makes it so easy to accidentally delete ALL the pictures on your phone everyone in my family has done that at least once. Then you have to root if you want to recover the pictures or your SOL one of our family lost a few thousand pictures that way.
    Just use Google Photos. That's why it exists. That's why it's now standard on nearly every Android device.

Device(s)
    iPhone 11 Pro Max Series 4 Apple Watch
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    15 (100%)

Probably a lot of elderly or non tech savvy customers on the roster who still use it.

It was cool when we used to have those red bars on every phone in the BREW days like Hatoncat said. But now with so many better options including Google or iCloud the former is no longer needed.

Unfortunately there will probably be a handful of pissed off subs. With every technology change it always happens. This we can't prevent.
    “The Internet wasn’t meant to be metered in bits and bytes, so it’s insane that wireless companies are still making you buy it this way. The rate plan is dead — it’s a fossil from a time when wireless was metered by every call or text.” John Legere 1/5/2017

Feedback Score
    Google photos only does free backup of pictures in high quality original counts against your 15GB quota.
    Plus the phone design making it easy to accidentally delete all your photos almost feels like blackmail.

That's a lot of photos you have it would be a shame if you were to accidentally do a delete all just pay us $2/mo and we'll make sure they are all safe like.

iPhone even went a little far to fix this IMHO as there is no way to delete all of your photos at once from the phone itself without nuking the whole phone.

Yeah google photos is turned on too just in case Verizon fails.

Also VZW cloud is back up today yay!

Feedback Score
    This is not true. If you're using Android phone and save all your contacts under your Google account, it also saves your contacts

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Amen! The Verizon Cloud backup is horrendous. iPhone users can set up a free iCloud account (even with a Gmail address) and get automatic and transferable backups that work perfectly. In my experience, on multiple platforms, the Verizon backup system caused problems and never worked well. iCloud, on the other hand, has been seamless.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast