Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of setting up a group to share unlimited lines.

Device(s)
    Cricket Moto g7 supra,metro Moto g7pwr, visible g7bpwr
    Carrier(s)
    Cricket,visible,metro pcs
    Feedback Score

Possibility of setting up a group to share unlimited lines.

If this question is not permitted here, please advise, but I'm currently with cricket, and am happy there. Because of crickets multi plan price structure, a lot of us have shared group plans, ie $45/mth is cheaper than $80. If anyone is currently doing this, or is interested, contact via pm.

Oh,I also currently have one vzw line as a backup line, and realize the advantage of extra data, etc.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by plane View Post
    If this question is not permitted here, please advise, but I'm currently with cricket, and am happy there. Because of crickets multi plan price structure, a lot of us have shared group plans, ie $45/mth is cheaper than $80. If anyone is currently doing this, or is interested, contact via pm.

Oh,I also currently have one vzw line as a backup line, and realize the advantage of extra data, etc.
    Pm me
    Ur inbox is full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Yeah, that would not work with Verizon postpaid. With Verizon postpaid, only account managers can speak to Verizon about any issues with their lines. But the thing is if you make someone an account manager, then they can literally do anything they want to the account except change the PIN or make someone else an account manager. An account manager can finance new devices add lines, etc. And the account owner would be fully 100% legally responsible for whatever the account manager did.

Cricket is prepaid, not postpaid. Only a complete moron would even think about being the account owner of a postpaid account in the situation you are describing.

No one should even think about agreeing to it.

And as far as someone being willing to join someone else's plan without being the account owner, well you would be giving up your privacy 100% and the other person would own your phone number and line and could do whatever they wanted to it, including giving anyone else consent to see what you are doing with the line and terminating it. Plus if you had to give someone your credit card number to pay your portion of the bill, unless they were an SO or family member you could trust, that would be idiotic too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad2388 View Post
    Pm me
    Ur inbox is full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hope you aren't going to be the account owner, lol!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nostaldia View Post
    Yeah, that would not work with Verizon postpaid. With Verizon postpaid, only account managers can speak to Verizon about any issues with their lines. But the thing is if you make someone an account manager, then they can literally do anything they want to the account except change the PIN or make someone else an account manager. An account manager can finance new devices add lines, etc. And the account owner would be fully 100% legally responsible for whatever the account manager did.

Cricket is prepaid, not postpaid. Only a complete moron would even think about being the account owner of a postpaid account in the situation you are describing.

No one should even think about agreeing to it.

And as far as someone being willing to join someone else's plan without being the account owner, well you would be giving up your privacy 100% and the other person would own your phone number and line and could do whatever they wanted to it, including giving anyone else consent to see what you are doing with the line and terminating it. Plus if you had to give someone your credit card number to pay your portion of the bill, unless they were an SO or family member you could trust, that would be idiotic too.
    Thanks for your advise, but there are ways to control anything. An open mind, really helps.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for your advise, but there are ways to control anything. An open mind, really helps.
    No, you are wrong with postpaid. Either someone is an account manager and can do anything they want on the account except change the PIN or make someone else an account manager, or they are not an account manager and can't do anything at all on the account and Verizon reps won't even speak to them. They can't get a SIM card changed, they can't ask questions about the account, nothing unless they are an account manager and know the PIN. And the account owner and any account managers not only would have complete access to all of the lines, they could do anything they want to the lines including terminating them, suspending them, whatever they want to do, they own the line.

Only morons would do this. But hey, there are morons out there, so you may find someone too stupid to realize what a bad idea this is.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    No, you are wrong with postpaid. Either someone is an account manager and can do anything they want on the account except change the PIN or make someone else an account manager, or they are not an account manager and can't do anything at all on the account and Verizon reps won't even speak to them. They can't get a SIM card changed, they can't ask questions about the account, nothing unless they are an account manager and know the PIN. And the account owner and any account managers not only would have complete access to all of the lines, they could do anything they want to the lines including terminating them, suspending them, whatever they want to do, they own the line.

Only morons would do this. But hey, there are morons out there, so you may find someone too stupid to realize what a bad idea this is.
    I got it. You ain't interested.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I as an account owner am unable to see specific numbers for calls and texts for any line. Unless of course it may be hidden somewhere in the desktop version of myVerizon which I haven't found yet.

Still, other businesses have resold T-mobile and at&t in the past so certainly there may be some ways around this.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by randamin View Post
    I as an account owner am unable to see specific numbers for calls and texts for any line.
    Wrong. You can see everything. You just aren't familiar with the website.

Feedback Score
    Unless of course it may be hidden somewhere in the desktop version of myVerizon which I haven't found yet.
    It's not even a little bit hidden. You simply go to MyUsage and BOOM Dere It Iz. Just click on whatever you want to see and you can see it all.

Feedback Score
    Still, other businesses have resold T-mobile and at&t in the past so certainly there may be some ways around this.
    Wrong. Ain't no way round it dear.

Only a moron would let strangers they meet on the internet be account managers on their Verizon postpaid account.

And you would have to be an idiot to let someone you don't know own your line, telephone number, have complete access to everything you do on your phone and be able to give absolutely anyone access to that same information since they own your line. Or so poor that you have no other choice, I guess.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    It's not even a little bit hidden. You simply go to MyUsage and BOOM Dere It Iz. Just click on whatever you want to see and you can see it all.
    Will you please just ignore this thread, as I've been on both sides of these arrangements, with no significant issues, but, the members were typically easy to get along with, and mutually interested in the same thing.

Feedback Score
    Will you please just ignore this thread, as I've been on both sides of these arrangements, with no significant issues, but, the members were typically easy to get along with, and mutually interested in the same thing.
    Nope, going to warn people and correct any misinformation that people post.

Comparing cricket prepaid to verizon postpaid is idiotic. And I am here to make sure everyone understands why. With cricket, no one can walk into an Apple store and open 5 new lines with 256GB iPhone 7+ in your name and leave you legally responsible for paying for them. With Verizon postpaid, if you make someone an account manager, they can do that to you. Then sell the phones and you as the account owner are left responsible to pay off $5k in device charges with no legal argument at all that you shouldn't have to pay for that. You can't even allege fraud since by making someone an account manager, you are authorizing them to be able to open lines and buy devices at their discretion without your approval.

You just don't understand these things, but I do.

And if someone isn't an account manager, they have no ability to even speak to a Verizon rep about any issues they are having on their lines. Meanwhile the account owner has full control of their line and their phone number and complete access to everything they are doing on their phone not to mention can grant access to that information to anyone.

Feedback Score
    Taking the middle ground, I think that Nostldia is raising a fair point, that being this would be a risky proposition. That said, people have done this with AT&T's unlimited service, which is a more comparable situation than Cricket. An important difference is AT&T would provide assistance, albeit limited, even if you did not know the account owner's name or the account PIN.

If a party was interested in this, above all else, 1. Don't use a number you can't afford to lose, 2. Don't give someone authority to make changes to the account.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Nope, going to warn people and correct any misinformation that people post.

Comparing cricket prepaid to verizon postpaid is idiotic. And I am here to make sure everyone understands why.

You have given an example of some one spying on calls and texts. Honesty,I could really care less about anyone knowing who I call. The main issue were members paying their share of the monthly bill, or losing a number. This can be handled with paypal, pay a month ahead, and google voice. As for me, this account will not be my main number, and calls and texts can be routed thru google, which can't be viewed via vzw. FWIW, I do this already.

If you have more specific concerns, rather than just Generalities, please list them.

I already do anyway.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast